Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104990 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2022, 05:53:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
League source confirms report by @JakeLFischer that Celtics are interested in signing Danilo Gallinari if he is waived by San Antonio.

I would love to get Huerter from Atlanta. He would add some punch off the bench and could fit into the TPE. Then use the MLE for best available.

« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2022, 05:54:27 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Murray to the Hawks for Gallo, 3 firsts, and one swap.

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

We could've matched that...

Yep. That is what is frustrating. We always think Boston is going to be a factor in the off-season and in the end they just make very minor moves. I’m not asking for a lot but if management thinks PP, Nesmith and Hauser are the answers off the bench then we are done.

That's a massive overpay for a guy who is redundant on our roster. We could have matched the picks and swaps and taken him into our TPE, but then what?

« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2022, 05:55:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

Yep. That is what is frustrating. We always think Boston is going to be a factor in the off-season and in the end they just make very minor moves. I’m not asking for a lot but if management thinks PP, Nesmith and Hauser are the answers off the bench then we are done.

That's a massive overpay for a guy who is redundant on our roster. We could have matched the picks and swaps and taken him into our TPE, but then what?

I mean redundancy wins titles…look at GS.

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2022, 05:56:47 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Patty Mills did not pick up his $6.2 million player option with the #Nets, according to sources close to the player. He is a free agent.
Man he looked washed in our series. I prefer PP.

Does Patty expect to get more than that as a free agent?  I would definitely be surprised if somebody signs him for more than that.  Or maybe Brooklyn is that dysfunctional, he's willing to give up a few mil to be anywhere else?

The taxpayer TPE is ~$6.5 million, so he could get a small raise in addition to finding a better situation.

You think some team is going to give him that though?  A 6'1" 34-year old? At this point that seems more like Vet Min to me, knocking him down to $2.9m. (Though the Nets just gave it to him last year, so maybe).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2022, 05:56:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

If you can get Allstar players without giving up any of your players I think you do it.

« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2022, 05:57:40 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Maybe Udoka didn’t have a great experience with Murray as an assistant for three years.  Or maybe we did match that, and the Spurs thought they’d rather have some unprotected Hawks picks instead of unprotected Celtics’ picks.

« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2022, 05:59:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Unprotected Hawks picks are much more valuable in the next 5 years than unprotected Celtics picks.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2022, 06:01:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

There were no reports linking us to Murray. This is another instance of CS posters getting their feelings hurt over a rumor they made up and overhyped.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2022, 06:01:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Unprotected Hawks picks are much more valuable in the next 5 years than unprotected Celtics picks.

Hopefully...

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2022, 06:03:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Feels like Gallo is the top target for the MLE if the Spurs buy him out.

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

There were no reports linking us to Murray. This is another instance of CS posters getting their feelings hurt over a rumor they made up and overhyped.

Murray was available. It was a matter of picks...

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2022, 06:04:30 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

If you can get Allstar players without giving up any of your players I think you do it.

That's great in theory, but to what end? You disenfranchise players on the current team.

Also, I don't think we will ever see Murray on an all-star team again. I wouldn't have traded for Brandon Knight either.

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2022, 06:05:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That's great in theory, but to what end? You disenfranchise players on the current team.

Also, I don't think we will ever see Murray on an all-star team again. I wouldn't have traded for Brandon Knight either.

To up grade the talent you have and win a championship.

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2022, 06:05:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
ATL might rue the day they made those picks unprotected.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2022, 06:13:40 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

To up grade the talent you have and win a championship.

Is it an upgrade? Who comes off the bench? Who are you trading? Once things settle, is the best 5 any better?