Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 105512 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2022, 04:19:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
Marc Spears reported that the Warriors are interested in reacquiring KD. Oh boy.

League should like ban or veto this trade lol

They may be interested, but I can’t see Brooklyn wanting anything Golden State would offer.

Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody, Poole…they are all nice prospects, but none are guaranteed all-star level production.

Brooklyn are without their own upcoming draft picks, so they have zero incentive to go into a full rebuild.

A couple nice pieces in there, but I agree, no guarantees. But Brooklyn can always pick up superstars in the FA market. All they need is for a couple of players to decide that they want to play together in New York at some point in the future and Brooklyn will be back on top. Sadly, same can be said for other attractive cities, eg LA and Miami.

« Reply #361 on: July 03, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Marc Spears reported that the Warriors are interested in reacquiring KD. Oh boy.
One of the more satisfying ways this plays out is KD goes back to the Warriors and the Celtics beat the Warriors in a Finals rematch but with KD.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #362 on: July 03, 2022, 04:53:09 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Goran Dragic signs with Chicago
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #363 on: July 03, 2022, 04:59:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

League should like ban or veto this trade lol

They may be interested, but I can’t see Brooklyn wanting anything Golden State would offer.

Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody, Poole…they are all nice prospects, but none are guaranteed all-star level production.

Brooklyn are without their own upcoming draft picks, so they have zero incentive to go into a full rebuild.

A couple nice pieces in there, but I agree, no guarantees. But Brooklyn can always pick up superstars in the FA market. All they need is for a couple of players to decide that they want to play together in New York at some point in the future and Brooklyn will be back on top. Sadly, same can be said for other attractive cities, eg LA and Miami.

Wiggins + Wiseman + Kuminga + Moody + three #1s would be solid.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2022, 05:06:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That is really surprising. Why in the world did he not sign in DAL to play with Luka if it was just going to be for the minimum? I thought that was pretty much a guarantee.

« Reply #365 on: July 03, 2022, 05:09:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

That is really surprising. Why in the world did he not sign in DAL to play with Luka if it was just going to be for the minimum? I thought that was pretty much a guarantee.

Why didn't he sign with us?

« Reply #366 on: July 03, 2022, 05:15:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I read it came down to roster spots and Dallas having bigger needs.

Why Chicago, though?  Don’t they have PG depth?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #367 on: July 03, 2022, 05:17:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

He wouldnt play much here with Smart,Brogdon,White,Pritchard , and I'd rather see JD get garbage time.

But I am surprised he didn't go with Dallas, Miami, 76ers,PHX Either LA teams. Chicago may be middle of the pack or lower.

« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2022, 05:21:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

He wouldnt play much here with Smart,Brogdon,White,Pritchard , and I'd rather see JD get garbage time.

But I am surprised he didn't go with Dallas, Miami, 76ers,PHX Either LA teams. Chicago may be middle of the pack or lower.

I thought the Bulls were stacked with guards. Ball, Caruso, Dosunmu, LaVine, Matt Thomas, White...

« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »

Offline President Red

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 41

I've seen a few variations on this package, but I think that Wiggins can't be traded to Brooklyn while it has Ben Simmons sitting on its bench dressed as a clown on its team, due to a rookie trade extension rule:

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/07/02/nba-rule-limits-star-the-players-nets-can-take-in-kevin-durant-trade#:~:text=The%20NBA%27s%20designated%20rookie%20rule,receive%20one%20from%20a%20trade.

« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:13 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

I thought the Bulls were stacked with guards. Ball, Caruso, Dosunmu, LaVine, Matt Thomas, White...

Ball seems to still have Knee issuse they can't figure out(maybe its playing for the Bulls) and White has been rumored in trades along with Caruso.

This could mean they are about to make a trade, They're really thin with the bigs and longer wings.

« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2022, 05:36:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I've seen a few variations on this package, but I think that Wiggins can't be traded to Brooklyn while it has Ben Simmons sitting on its bench dressed as a clown on its team, due to a rookie trade extension rule:

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/07/02/nba-rule-limits-star-the-players-nets-can-take-in-kevin-durant-trade#:~:text=The%20NBA%27s%20designated%20rookie%20rule,receive%20one%20from%20a%20trade.

Ah.  I didn’t realize Wiggins was a DRE player.

Jaylen really might be the best possible return, unless they deal Simmons for garbage.

« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Jaylen really might be the best possible return, unless they deal Simmons for garbage.

GSW can't do it with out Wiggins, unless they move Green or Thompson. A third team could get involved Like Utah were they take Wiggins, but the Nets get all the picks they just snagged from Minni and the Nets Wiseman, Kuminga, and what works with money from Utah.

« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2022, 05:57:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

Would GSW go cold-blooded - make the deal larger, include Draymond for Ben Simmons?

That avoids the Designated Rookie Extension problem.

So GSW would have younger Ben Simmons as the new Draymond & KD as the new Wiggins. BKN would get Wiggins, young prospects, picks and probably be looking to off-load Draymond to a contender elsewhere.

I'm not sure GSW has it in them to be that cold blooded to someone who has meant so much to them ... but ... Draymond is getting older ... and that Durant fellow is pretty good.

« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2022, 05:59:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

I read it came down to roster spots and Dallas having bigger needs.

Why Chicago, though?  Don’t they have PG depth?

Good 5th guard / 3rd string combo guard. Dragic could've filled that role with us too.

Although we do have Pritchard. Still, Dragic can play SG.