Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 105361 times)

Re: Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 04:24:02 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
For all the mentions of KDs age, he just put up a 30/7.4/6.4 season with shooting splits of 52/38/91 with a TS% of 63.4%. With a playoff hardened core of Tatum, Smart, Timelord and Horford around him, KD on Boston probably makes the Celtics the favorite to win it all.

And a Simmons/Jaylen duo in Brooklyn with tons of picks isn't so bad for the Nets

Wait, what is the the president of the Just Keep Jaylen Brown club doing suggesting such a thing???
His secret allegiance to the Just Acquire Kevin Durant club trumps all

Apparently so!  More posts like this and I might demand rights to the banner in his signature!

No, we should not trade for Kevin “I can’t win without Steph Curry” Durant if it means giving up Jaylen.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 05:50:19 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
For all the mentions of KDs age, he just put up a 30/7.4/6.4 season with shooting splits of 52/38/91 with a TS% of 63.4%. With a playoff hardened core of Tatum, Smart, Timelord and Horford around him, KD on Boston probably makes the Celtics the favorite to win it all.

And a Simmons/Jaylen duo in Brooklyn with tons of picks isn't so bad for the Nets

Wait, what is the the president of the Just Keep Jaylen Brown club doing suggesting such a thing???

Apparently so!  More posts like this and I might demand rights to the banner in his signature!

No, we should not trade for Kevin “I can’t win without Steph Curry” Durant if it means giving up Jaylen.

I want to agree with you.

But Kevin Durant is pretty good at basketball.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2022, 06:40:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, as villainous as I feel about it, the idea of pairing Tatum and Durant with Timelord and at least one of Smart/Al backing them up is quite tantalising.

You'd have two top 10 players in the league, both of whom are match-up nightmares for any and all.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 07:15:48 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Yeah, as villainous as I feel about it, the idea of pairing Tatum and Durant with Timelord and at least one of Smart/Al backing them up is quite tantalising.

You'd have two top 10 players in the league, both of whom are match-up nightmares for any and all.

Boo to all of you!  #JKJB

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 08:23:31 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Looks like PJ Tucker is opting out. If the Cs traded Horford, a Tucker/Grant Williams rotation at the 4 would be solid.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I wouldn't trade JB + picks.  That seems like an overpay, based upon what other teams might offer.

JB + pure salary filler (Theis + Nesmith, perhaps)?  That's hard.  Durant is going to be 34 at the start of the season, and he's in decline.  He's still All-NBA level, but will he be when he's 36?  38?  It's hard to conclude that.  I think he's already shown that he struggles to be a two-way player.  His offensive performance in the playoffs was definitely off.  And, the lineup would look a little odd:

Timelord / Horford
Durant / Grant
Tatum /
White /
Smart / Pritchard

Call me crazy, but I'd rather keep Brown, and then go all-in on other guys with the TPE, etc. 

Which one of these trades makes us better 1) next year and 2) in three years?

a)  Jaylen Brown + Theis + Nesmith for Kevin Durant
b)  Theis + Nesmith + Prichard + #1 for Harrison Barnes

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather have Brown + Barnes than Durant.  It's simply a larger window, and it's not like Durant is an automatic trip to the Finals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 08:58:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So I see rumors that Golden State are willing to extend Wiggins, keep Poole at 100M+ (over 4-5 years) and a few of their bench players too despite already being well over the luxury tax and footing a massive tax bill.

Hopefully the C's are actually willing to spend past the luxury tax not just next year, but for some years beyond that too during Jaylen/Tatum's peak
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 09:04:15 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
If Durant goes on the block, is there a better landing spot for his legacy than Boston and can any other team make a better offer than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and lots of firsts?

Also, part of KD's desire to move to NY/BRK when he hit free agency was to be closer to his non-basketball business center. Boston is as close as he'll get to NYC, be in the NBA and in a title winning situation.

I would not make that trade
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 09:11:35 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If Durant goes on the block, is there a better landing spot for his legacy than Boston and can any other team make a better offer than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and lots of firsts?

Also, part of KD's desire to move to NY/BRK when he hit free agency was to be closer to his non-basketball business center. Boston is as close as he'll get to NYC, be in the NBA and in a title winning situation.

I would not make that trade

Yeah I'm not trading Jaylen Brown. Also, given the choice to trade White or Smart, I'd trade Smart. He has more value, but I think White would excel next to three scorers a lot better than Smart.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 11:01:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 02:48:13 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I wouldn't trade JB + picks.  That seems like an overpay, based upon what other teams might offer.

JB + pure salary filler (Theis + Nesmith, perhaps)?  That's hard.  Durant is going to be 34 at the start of the season, and he's in decline.  He's still All-NBA level, but will he be when he's 36?  38?  It's hard to conclude that.  I think he's already shown that he struggles to be a two-way player.  His offensive performance in the playoffs was definitely off.  And, the lineup would look a little odd:

Timelord / Horford
Durant / Grant
Tatum /
White /
Smart / Pritchard

Call me crazy, but I'd rather keep Brown, and then go all-in on other guys with the TPE, etc. 

Which one of these trades makes us better 1) next year and 2) in three years?

a)  Jaylen Brown + Theis + Nesmith for Kevin Durant
b)  Theis + Nesmith + Prichard + #1 for Harrison Barnes

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather have Brown + Barnes than Durant.  It's simply a larger window, and it's not like Durant is an automatic trip to the Finals.

Weird thing is if it weren't for the Celts I'm not sure Durant would have looked so mortal...

Would the Bucks have put on the same defensive clinic as the Celts? I don't think so.

(I'm also JKJB though...and keeping the roster as intact as possible).

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 04:44:31 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 09:24:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There's no NBA Draft thread (yet) so putting this here: Anybody going to watch tonight?  C's do not have a 1st round pick, but lots of things happen on Draft Night, including trades.  Would love to see the C's acquire a pick somehow.

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 09:27:35 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Been watching draft since late 80’s and have not miss one yet.. but kind of lackluster when Celtics don’t have a 1st round pick
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin