Author Topic: John Wall could be bought out  (Read 3766 times)

John Wall could be bought out
« on: June 27, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Teams interested include Heat, Lakers, Clippers.

Surprised to not see the Celtics on there.

I know Wall hasn’t played in a couple years ago, and will likely come in to training camp overweight, but even with that, I still think he’d be a step up over Derrick White at the backup PG spot.

Always been a fan of his game. God knows this team could use a PG who can distribute and take care of the ball.

Re: John Wall could be bought out
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 02:16:41 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I'm pretty confident he's going to the Clippers. Apparently, he's very close with Paul George, and the Clippers just hired the trainer who's been personally rehabbing Wall for the past 3-4 years.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:23:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm pretty confident he's going to the Clippers. Apparently, he's very close with Paul George, and the Clippers just hired the trainer who's been personally rehabbing Wall for the past 3-4 years.

I'd like to see the Clippers smash the Warriors in the WCF next year...then lose the C's or win the title against some other team...(fan of Leonard...

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 02:25:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'd like to see the Clippers smash the Warriors in the WCF next year...then lose the C's or win the title against some other team...(fan of Leonard...
should have just stopped while you were ahead

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 02:28:17 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I know Wall hasn’t played in a couple years ago, and will likely come in to training camp overweight, but even with that, I still think he’d be a step up over Derrick White at the backup PG spot.

Always been a fan of his game. God knows this team could use a PG who can distribute and take care of the ball.

The Celtics already have Smart, White and Pritchard. Plus, they just took a point guard with their only pick in the draft. I don’t see where Wall would fit in. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:37:15 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 02:35:29 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

The Celtics already have Smart, White and Pritchard. Plus, they just took a point guard with their only pick in the draft. Where does Wall fit in?

Always gotta be looking for upgrades.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
About the only way Wall is coming to the Celtics is if he remained super close to Beal after having been traded (which I find unlikely given there was often an uneasy relationship between them in Washington) and Beal convinced him to go help Tatum.  Otherwise he’s going to LA, Miami, or a NY team.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 02:37:16 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

I’m a fan of Leonard’s as well, but I have absolutely zero faith in that teams ability to stay healthy.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 02:39:24 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

The Celtics already have Smart, White and Pritchard. Plus, they just took a point guard with their only pick in the draft. Where does Wall fit in?

I don’t think he’s an upgrade over Smart or White, due to their defensive abilities and those guys are getting virtually all the minutes at PG. I like watching wall, but I don’t see him fitting this team.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

I don’t think he’s an upgrade over Smart or White, due to their defensive abilities and those guys are getting virtually all the minutes at PG. I like watching wall, but I don’t see him fitting this team.

I’d like to get a point guard who can actually secure the ball and set up the offense. Turnovers literally just cost us a title. Of course it’s not solely Smart and Whites fault - the entire team needs to improve taking care of the ball - but I think getting a point guard who can do those two things consistently Would be a big step forward for the roster. Wall may not be the answer to that, but It’s still something I think should be addressed - Rubio, Tyus Jones, and Monte Morris are some of the other guys I like.

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 03:04:41 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I’d like to get a point guard who can actually secure the ball and set up the offense. Turnovers literally just cost us a title. Of course it’s not solely Smart and Whites fault - the entire team needs to improve taking care of the ball - but I think getting a point guard who can do those two things consistently Would be a big step forward for the roster. Wall may not be the answer to that, but It’s still something I think should be addressed - Rubio, Tyus Jones, and Monte Morris are some of the other guys I like.

It takes both sides agreeing, though. I don't see Wall accepting a 3rd string PG role here when he still has so much left in the tank <or at least wants to prove he does).

He'll either look for a starting or 6th man job. Maybe if there's no market for him he could end up here but I think someone with a bigger role available will take a flyer on him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 03:32:53 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
If I remember correctly, Wall's strength when he first entered the league was his speed.  He was also an excellent passer but never known for his shooting or defense.  My guess is that he no longer has speed to benefit his game and I doubt he has much to offer on the defensive side.  I don't think the Celtics need him.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

If you want a PG that’s going to secure the ball, you don’t want John Wall. For his career, he’s averaged 4TO per game. Smart is at 1.8TO and White is 1.3TO for their career.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2022, 04:14:15 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
He's not the John Wall of 2013 or 2016 anymore...but if he was then I'd roll the dice with him

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 06:18:28 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Wall will sign with Clippers or Lakers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin