Author Topic: Is Jaylen disgruntled?  (Read 19457 times)

Re: Is Jaylen disgruntled?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i think he's probably smart enough to separate his dislike of some of the fans' or media's opinions from actually wanting to leave the team

i doubt he feels his overall situation would be vastly better or vastly different somewhere else

but its just a guess really, who knows what he really thinks/ feels

i sure hope he doesnt feel that way

if you're reading this JB
you're awesome! :)

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 11:43:58 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
My own observation is that the loudest fans on social media also know the least about the sport of basketball. They are this generation's radio sports talk callers. Jaylen would be best served not paying attention to them and maybe taking a break from social media - at least when it comes to listening to fans complain. 

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 11:48:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I will say, Jaylen might be the most maligned, disrespected, undervalued, under appreciated home grown star talent we have seen in any Boston/New England sports jersey in a very, very long time, if ever.

Hmm.  I would have to think hard on that one.

I definitely wouldn't say "ever".  That's gotta be Ted Williams, right?  At least with the media.

And, Bill Russell was unfortunately maligned, living in a racist city at a racist time.

So, let's draw 1980 as the cutoff point.  I wonder, who was our most underappreciated and unfairly criticized star. 

In baseball, there's a good argument that it's Roger Clemens, at least during his last four seasons here. 

Hockey...  there have been a lot of players disrespected by management and the media.  It probably depends on what "home grown" means; does a guy need to have been drafted by the team?  Tuuka seems like a good candidate.

Football...  I don't follow the Patriots as closely as many here.  Bledsoe?  In hindsight, he gets treated like a scrub, even though he was a really good QB.

Basketball...  Rozier?  Smart? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 11:49:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Any misgivings of Jaylen about the Celtics can easily be solved by winning a championship. Winning cures most ills.  Jaylen has been quoted numerous times about the Boston Celtics that are very favorable.  I wouldn't read too much into it.

The Kyrie love is the only thing that is curious. Ugh.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2022, 12:05:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I will say, Jaylen might be the most maligned, disrespected, undervalued, under appreciated home grown star talent we have seen in any Boston/New England sports jersey in a very, very long time, if ever.

I definitely wouldn't say "ever".  That's gotta be Ted Williams, right?  At least with the media.

And, Bill Russell was unfortunately maligned, living in a racist city at a racist time.

So, let's draw 1980 as the cutoff point.  I wonder, who was our most underappreciated and unfairly criticized star. 

In baseball, there's a good argument that it's Roger Clemens, at least during his last four seasons here. 

Hockey...  there have been a lot of players disrespected by management and the media.  It probably depends on what "home grown" means; does a guy need to have been drafted by the team?  Tuuka seems like a good candidate.

Football...  I don't follow the Patriots as closely as many here.  Bledsoe?  In hindsight, he gets treated like a scrub, even though he was a really good QB.

Post '80, I'd put Nomar right up near the top. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Post '80, I'd put Nomar right up near the top.

Good one. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I think there's a big difference between liking a tweet and hating a fanbase or being disgruntled. I'm sure he feels disrespected and overshadowed, but I think he knows he has a good thing going on here. The team is well-run, his teammates and coaches respect him, and he was two wins away from a championship. Respect and adulation from fans will always come and go, because for professional athletes you're only as good as your last game. I just think it's a reaction to speculation about him being offered up in a package for KD. That speculation will always be there - he's a professional basketball player and people love to play the trade game.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2022, 12:37:42 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Pretty much none i'd say. But i put almost no stock in social media stuff players do, because I put almost no thought into my own social media and i expect most of them approach it the same way.

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2022, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Well JB, NBA is a business. Anyone can be shopped at any time. Sounds like another Ray Allen in the making?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 01:16:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
How many times are we going to ask this question?

:blank:

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2022, 01:23:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Any misgivings of Jaylen about the Celtics can easily be solved by winning a championship. Winning cures most ills.  Jaylen has been quoted numerous times about the Boston Celtics that are very favorable.  I wouldn't read too much into it.

The Kyrie love is the only thing that is curious. Ugh.

Agree, I've still got him in the "perfectly gruntled" column.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2022, 01:45:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Probably every time JB acts like he's disgruntled.  He tacitly endorsed the statement "Jaylen Brown is so disrespected by Celtics fans".

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2022, 02:12:38 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Much Ado about nothing meithinks. There is only one type of way you can react to a tweet and that can screw up what you mean to express by 'liking' it
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2022, 02:46:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Probably every time JB acts like he's disgruntled.  He tacitly endorsed the statement "Jaylen Brown is so disrespected by Celtics fans".
Is he wrong?

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Jaylen might be hearing more disgruntling things , like the speculation Celtics might offer him in trade to Nets for KD.

Guess that’s just part of being in the NBA .