Author Topic: Dejounte Murray rumors...  (Read 9233 times)

Re: Dejounte Murray rumors...
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2022, 05:57:20 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
This one been discussed yet?

In talking with multiple sources around the NBA, many believe Hawks on verge of trading for San Antonio's All-Star guard Dejounte Murray - However, it's looking like John Collins is not part of deal. Would be Gallo & multiple 1st round picks. Spurs prepping for future & '23 draft

That would seemingly be a weird one for SAS.

Is pop going to not retire ever? Seems a weird time to start a rebuild and Murray is only 25.

Pop doesn't seem like the type to worsen the future of a franchise for one last personal chance at glory.  He'll step away when he steps away, regardless of the trajectory of the team.

Im not saying he has to Buck wild trying to get vets to be .500 but would seem tough to have your last season be for a 23 win team.

It might be for most, but Pop seems to be pretty self-assured of his legacy already.

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2022, 05:58:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

In talking with multiple sources around the NBA, many believe Hawks on verge of trading for San Antonio's All-Star guard Dejounte Murray - However, it's looking like John Collins is not part of deal. Would be Gallo & multiple 1st round picks. Spurs prepping for future & '23 draft

My gosh. Gallo is almost certainly going to be released because of his partial guarantee.

If that's all that costs, the Cs should just offer multiple firsts and the TPE. I know the roster doesn't make much sense then, but you can figure that out later.

Another trade would have to be made but that cost seems very low for a fringe all-star.

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2022, 06:18:16 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

My gosh. Gallo is almost certainly going to be released because of his partial guarantee.

If that's all that costs, the Cs should just offer multiple firsts and the TPE. I know the roster doesn't make much sense then, but you can figure that out later.

Another trade would have to be made but that cost seems very low for a fringe all-star.

If this is true, the Spurs game plan is pretty to blow it up. Create cap room, get a bunch of someone else’s picks, and tank to try to get the top lottery pick who can be your cornerstone.

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2022, 06:35:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Is pop going to not retire ever? Seems a weird time to start a rebuild and Murray is only 25.

Pop doesn't seem like the type to worsen the future of a franchise for one last personal chance at glory.  He'll step away when he steps away, regardless of the trajectory of the team.

Im not saying he has to Buck wild trying to get vets to be .500 but would seem tough to have your last season be for a 23 win team.

It might be for most, but Pop seems to be pretty self-assured of his legacy already.

Feel like you keep putting words in my mouth here friend. I didn’t say anything about his legacy. Just losing 55+ games is not a pleasant experience and it is pretty well documented that he is competitive. I think there is a chance this may mean he retires or goes into a front office roll (if they truly trade murray just for picks and non guaranteed salary. Also if I had built a company from the ground up and become best in my field for 30 years I wouldn’t want my last year at the company to be one with people getting laid off with faulty products and pr nightmares, even though I knew my legacy and reputation were secure.

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2022, 07:28:48 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Gallo as part of the deal is certainly a cap space move.  I really believe he could be ours if Brad wanted him. 😭😭