Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16841 times)

Re: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2022, 04:36:41 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Kevin Durant just broke my internet
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2022, 04:41:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If the Phx thing happens BS better go hard on getting in for Bridges if the guy is moving. Two 1st, GW and White to the Nets for Bridges.

Smart, Brown, Bridges, Tatum, TL
Al off the bench.

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2022, 04:42:20 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
If the Phx thing happens BS better go hard on getting in for Bridges if the guy is moving. Two 1st, GW and White to the Nets for Bridges.

Al off the bench.
Bridges is going back to BKN if that happens.

My guess is sign and trade Ayton, Bridges, 2 first rounders

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I think Boston can make one of the best packages for KD and still have a team good enough remaining.

Something like this would be hard for other teams to beat:

Durant for Brown, Grant, Nesmith, 23 1st, 25 1st, 27 1st

Very tough for another team to beat that and it would still leave BY FAR the favorites to win the title over the next couple of seasons

Smart, White, Tatum, Durant, Horford, Rob, Theis, Pritchard with still having the TPE's to absorb unwanted salary and the TMLE to be used.

I'd do it. You almost have to. For good measure I'd try to get O'Neal for Theis to get wing depth and then try to sign PJ Tucker for TMLE (if he'd take that). See if you can get another center for the TPE or a ring-chaser.

Essentially throwing away our entire future for a chance to win now, sounds like something Brooklyn would do. Not the Celtics.

No thanks on that deal.

Absolutely not!! Durant is 34. He’s still very good, but he’s mortal now, which is why Jayson Tatum was blocking his shot in the playoffs last year. No thanks.

Exactly. It’s amazing how short peoples memories are. The Celtics with JB and JT duo just destroyed him and Kyrie in the postseason. I mean it was a sweep! KD looked old in that series and he’s not going to get better at 35 and 36 years old. Unreal..

Yeah exactly!  Why on earth would we  give up another 7-8 years of prime Jaylen Brown for 1-2 years of iffy KD right after we smoked them in the playoffs?  TP for you!
I honestly think our starting 5 should stay in place for next year.  That group of 5 was just clobbering teams during the whole 2nd half of the season after they got locked in.  Keep that 5 in place, ADD to those guys.
to win championships.  That is the goal is it not?

I would rather have 7-8 shots at it, instead of 1 or 2 max.  I fundamentally disagree with you about this.  But that is ok.  We are both entitled to have opinions.
I just don't think Boston has 7 or 8 shots.  The team isn't good enough.  I absolutely believe that if Middleton doesn't get hurt Boston loses in the 2nd round.  I don't see anyway Boston gets by Milwaukee without a major upgrade anytime in the next 5 years.  Giannis is just too good.  Durant changes that calculus a lot though.  And I also don't think he only has 2 years max.  Sure, he is going to get worse, but I see no reason why Durant won't still be shooting lights out for the life of his contract and would be very surprised if he wasn't still a top 20 type player 4 years from now (which is what Brown is and will be). 

Durant is quite simply A LOT better than Brown.  It isn't close.

Maybe last years team wasn’t good enough, but do you not think they will be better this coming season when White will have had an off-season with the team, when the coach is no longer a first time HC and he has a full season under his belt, When Grant and Pritchard are going into their 3rd and 4th years. Do you also not believe the C’s are going to add a Batum, Warren, Otto Porter Jr type wing player in the off-season. Do you not expect Jayson and Jaylen to get any better. Have they plateaued in your opinion?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2022, 04:48:31 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Can NJ Brooklyn get a better player back than Jaylen Brown?

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2022, 04:49:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Al off the bench.
Bridges is going back to BKN if that happens.

My guess is sign and trade Ayton, Bridges, 2 first rounders
Yes what we offer is to the Nets. I'd even offer another pick and a swap if we have to. Bridges is better than Murray. Nets end up with an even bigger war chest. They could be like OKC this off-season and load up on picks then tank the year.

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2022, 04:49:56 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Nets dynasty that never was. No way I send Brown(their pick) to Brooklyn for 1-2 years of Durant. Sorry, send him out west please.

I want Brown and Tatum here long term.

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2022, 04:51:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Nets dynasty that never was. No way I send Brown(their pick) to Brooklyn for 1-2 years of Durant. Sorry, send him out west please.

I want Brown and Tatum here long term.

Same. The deal simply does not make sense for Boston

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2022, 04:52:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Being reported that KD and Irving want to stay together, just not with the Nets - Woj

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2022, 04:52:32 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL Woj saying that Kyrie will also demand to leave and now KD + Kyrie might consider teaming up with a different team.

Cryrie doesn't realize most of these teams want KD, not him. Nets took the gamble 3 years ago and paid the price.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2022, 04:53:39 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I think Boston can make one of the best packages for KD and still have a team good enough remaining.

Something like this would be hard for other teams to beat:

Durant for Brown, Grant, Nesmith, 23 1st, 25 1st, 27 1st

Very tough for another team to beat that and it would still leave BY FAR the favorites to win the title over the next couple of seasons

Smart, White, Tatum, Durant, Horford, Rob, Theis, Pritchard with still having the TPE's to absorb unwanted salary and the TMLE to be used.

I'd do it. You almost have to. For good measure I'd try to get O'Neal for Theis to get wing depth and then try to sign PJ Tucker for TMLE (if he'd take that). See if you can get another center for the TPE or a ring-chaser.

Essentially throwing away our entire future for a chance to win now, sounds like something Brooklyn would do. Not the Celtics.

No thanks on that deal.

Absolutely not!! Durant is 34. He’s still very good, but he’s mortal now, which is why Jayson Tatum was blocking his shot in the playoffs last year. No thanks.

Exactly. It’s amazing how short peoples memories are. The Celtics with JB and JT duo just destroyed him and Kyrie in the postseason. I mean it was a sweep! KD looked old in that series and he’s not going to get better at 35 and 36 years old. Unreal..

Yeah exactly!  Why on earth would we  give up another 7-8 years of prime Jaylen Brown for 1-2 years of iffy KD right after we smoked them in the playoffs?  TP for you!
I honestly think our starting 5 should stay in place for next year.  That group of 5 was just clobbering teams during the whole 2nd half of the season after they got locked in.  Keep that 5 in place, ADD to those guys.
to win championships.  That is the goal is it not?

I would rather have 7-8 shots at it, instead of 1 or 2 max.  I fundamentally disagree with you about this.  But that is ok.  We are both entitled to have opinions.
I just don't think Boston has 7 or 8 shots.  The team isn't good enough.  I absolutely believe that if Middleton doesn't get hurt Boston loses in the 2nd round.  I don't see anyway Boston gets by Milwaukee without a major upgrade anytime in the next 5 years.  Giannis is just too good.  Durant changes that calculus a lot though.  And I also don't think he only has 2 years max.  Sure, he is going to get worse, but I see no reason why Durant won't still be shooting lights out for the life of his contract and would be very surprised if he wasn't still a top 20 type player 4 years from now (which is what Brown is and will be). 

Durant is quite simply A LOT better than Brown.  It isn't close.

Maybe last years team wasn’t good enough, but do you not think they will be better this coming season when White will have had an off-season with the team, when the coach is no longer a first time HC and he has a full season under his belt, When Grant and Pritchard are going into their 3rd and 4th years. Do you also not believe the C’s are going to add a Batum, Warren, Otto Porter Jr type wing player in the off-season. Do you not expect Jayson and Jaylen to get any better. Have they plateaued in your opinion?

We will be better and probably improve more than an older team like the heat (unless they swing a blockbuster). Warriors are probably a team that will be slightly worse as curry and Thompson and green are quite old and I don’t think Their young guys are really to take a leap. However teams like memphis, Minnesota will be better. Clippers will be better by a lot. Bucks if they stay healthy will be better (in playoffs) Could go either way with 76ers. Main point is we are young and improving but there are also other team they are improving too. So nothing is really guaranteed. Makes the finals loss really sting. 

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2022, 05:07:06 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
This KD and Kyrie situation is why buyouts often backfire.

OKC would be the perfect trade destination if they still had Kemba’s contract to trade

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2022, 05:11:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

OKC would be the perfect trade destination if they still had Kemba’s contract to trade

I don’t think that really makes sense for them. Sga is probably ready to be in playoffs, but rest of roster is very raw. Durant and sga or irving and sga doesn’t really make them a contender. If Durant was 4 years younger they would probably accelerate the rebuild and trade their young guys for picks. But doesn’t make tons of sense right now to me. Portland on the other hand with lillard, grant, Durant, hart and a few vets Would make for an interest team.

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2022, 05:21:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

I don’t think that really makes sense for them. Sga is probably ready to be in playoffs, but rest of roster is very raw. Durant and sga or irving and sga doesn’t really make them a contender. If Durant was 4 years younger they would probably accelerate the rebuild and trade their young guys for picks. But doesn’t make tons of sense right now to me. Portland on the other hand with lillard, grant, Durant, hart and a few vets Would make for an interest team.

All moot anyway, the Kemba buyout makes it impossible.

But I was thinking Durant Irving with SGA

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2022, 05:33:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Being reported that KD and Irving want to stay together, just not with the Nets - Woj

Lol at them both going full on brat.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman