Author Topic: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely  (Read 9359 times)

Re: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2022, 01:58:33 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Who says no?

To Nets - Wall, all nets picks back
To Rockets - Durant

Rockets shift to win now mode with multiple high end young players and cap space to add another star. Beal?

Nets then get assets for Kyrie, Simmons, Curry and Harris (6-8 additional 1st rounders, maybe?) Salvaged catastrophe? Rebuild with a war chest as big as OKC.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 02:35:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Who says no?

To Rockets - Durant

Rockets shift to win now mode with multiple high end young players and cap space to add another star. Beal?

Nets then get assets for Kyrie, Simmons, Curry and Harris (6-8 additional 1st rounders, maybe?) Salvaged catastrophe? Rebuild with a war chest as big as OKC.
Brooklyn. They are not going to go full rebuild if they ship Kyrie & KD. They will try and build a contender with Simmons and their shooters.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 04:14:32 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Brooklyn…the dynasty that never was

Wasn't it just a short time ago that these three sensitive souls (Hardin, Durant, Irving) were so happy to be together after leaving the toxic environments of their previous respective teams ? Took one season for the cracks in the foundation to start and the members of this special brotherhood to begin having problems with each other. They repeated the behavior that led to destructive departures from their previous teams so they could resume their search for basketball peace and tranquility to be found somewhere on this flat earth.

Wasn't it Rust Cohle who suggested that time is a flat circle where our lives are destined to repeat the same events into eternity ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 04:32:01 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Brooklyn…the dynasty that never was

Wasn't it just a short time ago that these three sensitive souls (Hardin, Durant, Irving) were so happy to be together after leaving the toxic environments of their previous respective teams ? Took one season for the cracks in the foundation to start and the members of this special brotherhood to begin having problems with each other. They repeated the behavior that led to destructive departures from their previous teams so they could resume their search for basketball peace and tranquility to be found somewhere on this flat earth.

Wasn't it Rust Cohle who suggested that time is a flat circle where our lives are destined to repeat the same events into eternity ?

Jeez. Time is a flat circle, depressing.

On a happier (or less depressing note), there's also the saying, if you everywhere you go smells like [poop], then maybe you're the [bum-hole].

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2022, 04:32:38 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Who says no?

To Rockets - Durant

Brooklyn. They are not going to go full rebuild if they ship Kyrie & KD. They will try and build a contender with Simmons and their shooters.

Simmons is not competent or dedicated enough to build around.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 05:49:25 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
From a legit Nets Reporter, Kristian Winfield:

If Irving and the Nets cannot come to an agreement that keeps the superstar guard in Brooklyn, Durant, who signed a four-year, $198M extension last summer, is likely to request a trade from the franchise that failed to keep his co-star in town.

Really feels to me that Kyrie AND KD are leaving. I wonder if Harden saw this coming LOL.

I didn’t think about it but what if Phoenix trades for KD  :o

I feel like this is all hardball negotiations. People are leaking things to the press to add some urgency to the discussions. I would find it very hard to believe that Joe Tsai would decide to do a rebuild because he refuses to pay Cryrie. Unless he feels that KD is past it and he's willing to lose the guy.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 07:38:52 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Some one who is a lot smarter than me, please explain how the C's can get KD without blowing the team up.  Reports last night are that KD reached out to Tatum and Brown about playing in Boston.

Hardwood Houdini had this:

C's In:  Durant

Net's In:  Al, White, GWill, PP, 2023 1st, 2025 1st.

Is it enough?  It certainly give the Nets some 1st's back.......
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 07:46:36 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Some one who is a lot smarter than me, please explain how the C's can get KD without blowing the team up.  Reports last night are that KD reached out to Tatum and Brown about playing in Boston.

Hardwood Houdini had this:

C's In:  Durant

Net's In:  Al, White, GWill, PP, 2023 1st, 2025 1st.

Is it enough?  It certainly give the Nets some 1st's back.......

What reports?

Durant's cap number is so big that it has to include one of Horford, White, or Smart. But a combination of Theis, Nesmith, Pritchard, Stauskas, etc. gets you there if he waives his trade kicker.

The ideal situation then is that the Nets also want to unload more salary and that the Cs could take Curry and/or Mills into the trade exception.

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
So to recap.  Kyrie expected a massive extension and the Nets said no, just pick up your option, show us you can play for a year, and we will revisit your extension in a year.  Kyrie said no, extend me or trade me or I will "test the market".  The Nets said you can test the market.

So now Kyrie is out there coming to the realization that no team who he would want to play for has any money so he isn't going to be able to find a contract.  Realizing this, his agent is trying to find someone who will trade for him but the Nets don't want to take back Westbrook or Wall.

I am holding my prediction that Kyrie ends up taking the option but still won't have a trade so he will sit out ala Simmons to try and force a trade.  If he doesn't take the option, he may end up playing for the TP-MLE ($6.4M) kind of like what happened to Schroder.  Teams like Orlando have money but does that make sense for either side for Kyrie to sign there to a long term big money contract?

As to Durant, I don't understand what he thinks he is going to accomplish trying to force a trade.  It took PHI almost a full season to trade Simmons.  I think the Nets are willing to kind of cut their losses with Kyrie and accept a mediocre trade (or just let him walk) but they are not going to do that with Durant.

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 08:44:50 AM »

Online michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I'd do Big AL, DW, and picks, and then try to get a  MLE of TPE PG to put in the rotation with PP, MS, and JB.  JT, KD, and GW man the forwards, and RW, DT man the paint. 

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 09:05:16 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Ben Simmons + Durant + competent role players already in place (Curry, Harris, Mills, Claxton, Bruce Brown, etc.) + whatever you can get for Kyrie is a good team. 

Kyrie for DA Russell?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2022, 10:02:14 AM »

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I love Karma!!!  Cryee is getting what he deserves.  I think the Knicks are desperate to make a splash.  I see where they traded their #1 last night for 3 future #1's.  I predict that and more is what they trade for Cryee.  And the Knicks will continue to suck.  I love Karma!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If the Nets decide they want to start fresh and ask for a young star like Jaylen Brown + expiring salary (Horford) + cost controlled youth (Pritchard and Nesmith) + picks for KD and salary relief (32-yr old Joe Harris maybe?), would you do it?

I understand that JB is a heck of a talent but this is Kevin freakin Durant. Granted his contract is huge and takes him all the way to 37yo. but assuming we can keep Smart+TL, the starting line up would look like:

Smart-White-Tatum-KD-Timelord
- LilRip

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2022, 05:19:24 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Worth noting that both Nurkic and Lillard posted a pic of Durant in a Blazers jersey today.

The Blazers have a really good trade package for him. They could send Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Simons, Winslow, Little, the rights to Sharpe, plus multiple 1sts.

That still leaves them with Lillard, Hart, Grant, Durant, and Nurkic with Hart off the bench. That's a pretty good team, even after emptying the warchest.

Brooklyn could pivot quickly if Irving is also traded. If the Hornets trade rumor with the Lakers is legit, then the Hornets could receive Westbrook and the Nets could get Rozier and THT, with the Lakers getting Irving and Oubre.

Brooklyn:

Guards: Rozier, Simons, Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Sharpe, Curry, Mills, Thomas
Forwards: Simons, Harris, Horton-Tucker, Winslow, Little
Center: Claxton

It's easy to then see how the Nets would want to flip Curry, Rozier, Mills, and/or Harris to a third team for assets and young players. That's exactly where the Celtics could pounce to get a good rotation player.

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2022, 09:10:54 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Worth noting that both Nurkic and Lillard posted a pic of Durant in a Blazers jersey today.

The Blazers have a really good trade package for him. They could send Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Simons, Winslow, Little, the rights to Sharpe, plus multiple 1sts.

That still leaves them with Lillard, Hart, Grant, Durant, and Nurkic with Hart off the bench. That's a pretty good team, even after emptying the warchest.

Brooklyn could pivot quickly if Irving is also traded. If the Hornets trade rumor with the Lakers is legit, then the Hornets could receive Westbrook and the Nets could get Rozier and THT, with the Lakers getting Irving and Oubre.

Brooklyn:

Guards: Rozier, Simons, Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Sharpe, Curry, Mills, Thomas
Forwards: Simons, Harris, Horton-Tucker, Winslow, Little
Center: Claxton

It's easy to then see how the Nets would want to flip Curry, Rozier, Mills, and/or Harris to a third team for assets and young players. That's exactly where the Celtics could pounce to get a good rotation player.

While I’d like to get Rozier on this team as a 6th man or alternate starter, I don’t see how we can fit his 21M contract in. It might be easier to just trade for Harris with the TPE? Either way, those are some good role players for the C’s to get
- LilRip