Author Topic: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22  (Read 53311 times)

Re: Warriors (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Finals Game #6 6/16/22
« Reply #1335 on: June 16, 2022, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Warriors has control from the 10 minute mark and never looked back. Turnovers and poor rebounding costed this team. Should have went to Brown more despite his turnovers he was the best offensive option. Brown and Tatum need to learn to improve their weakness.

Pretty much as soon as the bench was put in. Ridiculous.

Derrick White LOST us the lead, momentum, game and season

Everybody was lauding the White trade, but we basically traded two scorers for him (Schroder was dealt because we acquired another PG). I honestly wonder if we would have been better off just not making any trades and picking up a vet min Center at the deadline instead.

Sometimes you need to diversify your team, rather than doubling down on having the same types of players. We already have Smart, we didn't need White. Hopefully we can trade him in the offseason and hopefully he has some value.
been saying this the whole time after the trade.  we gave up too much.  considering how little White provided during the playoffs and especially the Finals, I feel even more strongly we overpaid to get him

« Reply #1336 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
On to the draft and off season moves to try and build this team up for next year.

« Reply #1337 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Curry finally gets his finals MVP

not watching and cont care

clown is a spoiled crybaby brat loathe him

All of his post game "Crying"....I didn't see any tears

prolly crocodile tears dude is a fake
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1338 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We got several trade exceptions and Brad Stevens at the helm. I'm confident we address the issues this roster had and come back to the Finals again next year.

I'm also confident these guys, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Rob ,  needed this to push them to finally take that next step in their games and their basketball maturity.

« Reply #1339 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:46 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wonder if the 4th would have turned out differently if any of TL's 4 tip-ins would have gone in. I know we never really made it a game at the end, but that could have gotten us to like 4 points down. And then anything could have happened.

I certainly don't blame Rob. He is the only one who consistently came to play these last 3 games, but those bunnies hurt - especially when GS was seemingly getting all of their offensive rebound put-backs.

« Reply #1340 on: June 16, 2022, 11:47:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
On to the draft and off season moves to try and build this team up for next year.
won't be the draft that's used to build this team up

« Reply #1341 on: June 16, 2022, 11:48:07 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Cried after game 7 in 2010 because I thought we deserved it.

No tears tonight because better team won.

We will be back though, that I promise.

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

IF you cannot CARPE DIEM oh well.

we need a PG and a real PF who can post up. Al  looks done.

we need coaches who can run offense and force these guys to do it

probelms between our ears 6 years running

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

we need a consistent big game 1st scorer who doesn’t turn the ball over 6+ times per game.

« Reply #1342 on: June 16, 2022, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
We got several trade exceptions and Brad Stevens at the helm. I'm confident we address the issues this roster had and come back to the Finals again next year.

I'm also confident these guys, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Rob ,  needed this to push them to finally take that next step in their games and their basketball maturity.

Yeah this was a great experience for our young core.  It's very uncommon for a team with their best players being as young as ours to win it all (I actually can't recall when it last happened).

I do hope we can get back next year.  A healthy Milwaukee remains the favorite in the East, unless all of our players take another step forward next year.

« Reply #1343 on: June 16, 2022, 11:51:31 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I wish Wiggins would have stayed irrelevant in Minnesota.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1344 on: June 16, 2022, 11:52:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Wiggins was the difference in this series. His defense on Tatum, his rebounding, his three pointing shooting and his under control, strong drives.

Klay is cooked. Without someone stepping up to help Curry they would have lost this series.

« Reply #1345 on: June 16, 2022, 11:52:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

who was that poster years back always said

WE ARE TANKING FOR WIGGINS.....?LOL

was hilarious

was quite some time back what year was he drafted?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1346 on: June 16, 2022, 11:52:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

road will be tougher nect year. i have lived long enough to say there are ZERO GUARNATEES. i have seen my teams droughts last decades. some neevr see anything. middleton will be back. bad news for us

Eh that's a pretty negative look at it. These guys are still 24 and 25. Ownership may put a stronger team around them this time and they have more experience. Guaranteed? No but they are the team to beat in the east. If you run it back with a stronger bench

I mean look how many finals lebron and the warriors have been to. Not saying Celtics are the same talent wise. But if they reach their potential they could be deadly

We need a 3rd scorer, naybe a vet. Someone who can calm the waters when the team is panicking.

we need a consistent big game 1st scorer who doesn’t turn the ball over 6+ times per game.

He's 24 and will bounce back. Go watch the 2011 finals where Lebron James completely disappeared (17 points and 6 TO's per game through the series). Not saying Tatum is at Lebron's talent level, but players are capable of using losing as a lesson.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1347 on: June 16, 2022, 11:53:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

The Warriors seem to get plays through the draft and G'league. We could do that.

« Reply #1348 on: June 16, 2022, 11:54:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

The Warriors seem to get plays through the draft and G'league. We could do that.

The Warriors were awful for two years and got great draft picks though.

« Reply #1349 on: June 16, 2022, 11:56:17 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

We need space, movement, and shooting on that end. We were all bunched up in this series.

One question i have is why our screens are so terrible compared to GS. So many times Tatum has the ball with Wiggins on him and we're not getting him free.

Instead it's 1-on-1 ball then a double team and turnover or bad shot.

This is basketball 101. Miami did it to great effect.  IMO the Warriors followed that blueprint.

Why aren't we doing the same?