Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Warriors (0-1) The Finals Game #2 6/5/22  (Read 43191 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Warriors (0-1) The Finals Game #2 6/5/22
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2022, 06:12:53 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Hoopshype: Andre Iguodala out for Game 2

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2022, 06:22:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
   Today's refs     Zach Zarba (#15)    Tony Brothers (#25)    Josh Tiven (#58)    [Ed Malloy (#14) alternate]

WOW Brothers AND Zarba?? Yeesh. Prepare for 50+ fouls tonight and for the complete opposite of Game 1 lol. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the new injury report before the game:

Daniel Theis (OUT - 6 Fouls)  :laugh:
Brothers I'm okay with because he does not discriminate with his madness. Don't think he and Draymond Green get along. No real opinion on Tiven.

Zarba is a jerk

Zarba loves the spotlight, and I have yet to see an NBA game that hasn't been ruined in some way when he's officiating.

Yeah Scal has said the same before. Zarba LOVES to be the spotlight when he's reffing a game.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2022, 06:23:39 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Tbh I don't really think it matters. Hell, it might actually hurt us too. Payton was probably going to get minutes for the Warriors today anyways and we've seen this before, some other random guy could come off the bench and randomly drop 20+ on us or something  :laugh:

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2022, 06:32:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Dang it. Wanted him to play.

At least Kuminga is probably next up, who also cannot shoot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2022, 06:34:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Tbh I don't really think it matters. Hell, it might actually hurt us too. Payton was probably going to get minutes for the Warriors today anyways and we've seen this before, some other random guy could come off the bench and randomly drop 20+ on us or something  :laugh:

Sounds like there gonna be another Max Strus or George Hill/Jeff Green guy going off for like 20+ points then hahaha  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Sounds like there gonna be another Max Strus or George Hill/Jeff Green guy going off for like 20+ points then hahaha  :'(

Here comes Bjelica out of nowhere with 20 points  :laugh:

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2022, 06:46:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If they want to try and guard Jayson/Jaylen/Horford with Bjelica they are more than welcome
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2022, 06:49:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If they want to try and guard Jayson/Jaylen/Horford with Bjelica they are more than welcome

That's the issue GSW faces. A lot of their bench options, including some of their better shooters like Poole are just not good on defense. Sort of like how Miami avoids playing Duncan Robinson for the same reason. If they can't shoot well then they are brutal on the court since that's all they can really do.

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
   Today's refs     Zach Zarba (#15)    Tony Brothers (#25)    Josh Tiven (#58)    [Ed Malloy (#14) alternate]

OMG

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pure trash reffing

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2022, 07:03:04 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I’m just a tad bit worried of the media and virtually everyone’s overreacting to us stealing 1 game.

The Warriors are a scary good team that could easily sweep 4 straight from here if:

1) Tatum doesn’t come alive.
2) Smart reverts back to hero ball and being our leading shot taker.
3) Our bigs get into foul trouble is hitch spells more minutes for Theis.
4) Jaylen goes back to his poor ball handling.

Do I think we are strongly matched up against Ws? Yes. Do I think they could flip the switch at any given moment? Emphatically yes.

i feel strangely the same way. i knew no other teams would reel off multiple wins in a row against us. but this GS team can and at any time. this is why IMO this is an important game. to go up 2-0 headed back home would definitely affect the warriors mindsets knowing we could finish them at home. i know we have been very weak at home but i do not expect that this series. after getting over ECF hump i think we have new mindsets and will play better at home now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
I’m just a tad bit worried of the media and virtually everyone’s overreacting to us stealing 1 game.

The Warriors are a scary good team that could easily sweep 4 straight from here if:

Do I think we are strongly matched up against Ws? Yes. Do I think they could flip the switch at any given moment? Emphatically yes.

i feel strangely the same way. i knew no other teams would reel off multiple wins in a row against us. but this GS team can and at any time. this is why IMO this is an important game. to go up 2-0 headed back home would definitely affect the warriors mindsets knowing we could finish them at home. i know we have been very weak at home but i do not expect that this series. after getting over ECF hump i think we have new mindsets and will play better at home now.

True but the Warriors are the #3 seed for a reason, so they may just play like a #3 seed should play. We have our own problems in keeping our players disciplined, and I hope they remain humble for Game 2. If the C's are disciplined and don't slack...they'll be able to take down the Warriors. And of course, attacking the glass and grab boards.

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2022, 07:08:25 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Look out for Draymond Green and his dirty tactics tonight

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2022, 07:11:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Look out for Draymond Green and his dirty tactics tonight

If he does something egregious again I hope the league comes down on him like they did that 2016 Finals

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2022, 07:12:54 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Can someone text me updates? I can't watch

sure

i will charge you a flat 500 dollar fee

pay me via paypal
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2022, 07:20:23 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

True but the Warriors are the #3 seed for a reason, so they may just play like a #3 seed should play. We have our own problems in keeping our players disciplined, and I hope they remain humble for Game 2. If the C's are disciplined and don't slack...they'll be able to take down the Warriors. And of course, attacking the glass and grab boards.

we need to withstand that first quarter barrage of energy they will come out with. then put them out their misery last 3 quarters. slowly build lead.  play tough D all game. no plays off.

stop any runs by getting to the foul line. zarba should calla ton of FT this game. good thing is he may kill lots of GS momentum at times.

being they rely on jumpshots they do not get many foul shots

we need to keep DRIVING ALL GAME

kick out only if they collapse and hit wide open threes yet again. hang in there and pull this out yet again by any means necessary.
LET'S GO CELTICS!