Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Bucks (3-2) Round 2 Game #6 5/13/22  (Read 36498 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Bucks (3-2) Round 2 Game #6 5/13/22
« Reply #1335 on: May 14, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

One last comment. Jumping a ball when two players hold the ball is so outdated. It’s arbitrary to give the taller guy the advantage. They should just alternate possession like college.

Yes, and also give back challenges when successful.

You should also be able to challenge the challenge like that charge call against Giannis last night that they overturned.

;)

« Reply #1336 on: May 14, 2022, 02:38:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Did anyone notice Gianni’s’ spin move on Theis where he took 5 steps and was not called for traveling!?  Or the one where he slipped and slid on his feet for 3 feet before Horford tied him up? Udoka should be pointing that out in his pressers so that he may get a call or two.

One last comment. Jumping a ball when two players hold the ball is so outdated. It’s arbitrary to give the taller guy the advantage. They should just alternate possession like college.

The problem is Giannis simply gets away with it against everyone. That's partially why it was so monumental when the league made those rule changes which I think is a reason Harden has looked "meh" in big moments lately. Now imagine if they could make similar changes with how Giannis plays

Also on the jump ball part, I'm sorry but the more I watch these the more infuriated I get. Because so many times the ref will throw it up at an angle that benefits one of the guys but not the others. Like I'm not expecting them to be 100% perfect with the geometry obviously, but like I remember in Game 1 of this series when there was a jump ball, the ref practically threw it above the Bucks player and so he got it easily  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1337 on: May 14, 2022, 08:03:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bruins and Celtics each with Game 7s this weekend

Better stock up on the heart medications alcohol horse tranquilizers :laugh:
allmost fixed.

All set
It's a basketball game, not a warehouse rave :P

Maybe in your house, but Game 7s and championships here get ugly.  I'm in full caveman mode, visitors not welcome due to safety concerns.
Game 7 will be 5:30am local time. Maybe caveman mode is a good call

Wow. I'd never catch a game. Also, how do kangaroos maintain all their weight on their tails while they kick their feet? And where did they learn to box?
A kangaroo tail is like it's third leg, essentially. They are hugely muscular and it's essentially a continuation of the spine.

Some Indigenous cultures eat roo tails. Very stringy!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1338 on: May 14, 2022, 11:47:22 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Did anyone notice Gianni’s’ spin move on Theis where he took 5 steps and was not called for traveling!?  Or the one where he slipped and slid on his feet for 3 feet before Horford tied him up? Udoka should be pointing that out in his pressers so that he may get a call or two.

The problem is Giannis simply gets away with it against everyone. That's partially why it was so monumental when the league made those rule changes which I think is a reason Harden has looked "meh" in big moments lately. Now imagine if they could make similar changes with how Giannis plays

Also on the jump ball part, I'm sorry but the more I watch these the more infuriated I get. Because so many times the ref will throw it up at an angle that benefits one of the guys but not the others. Like I'm not expecting them to be 100% perfect with the geometry obviously, but like I remember in Game 1 of this series when there was a jump ball, the ref practically threw it above the Bucks player and so he got it easily  ::)

I hated when college went to alternate at first but its getting ridiculous . At least go to half court and let whomever the biggest guy on each team jump it that was on the floor. many times it is an effort in futility when its a huge mismatch. So a little guy makes a great defensive play on a big that brings it down low and get a jump which in reality isn't one. Alternate makes most sense.