Author Topic: Dwayne Haskins hit by car and killed  (Read 5476 times)

Re: Dwayne Haskins hit by car and killed
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 06:55:58 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Toxicology report released today.  Haskins had 2 samples taken he was .2 and .24 in those samples for alcohol (basically 3 times the legal limit of. 08).  He also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine.

Ketamine is a disassociative drug that changes your depth perception among other things.

They call it Special K, it's used as a party drug. Back in my younger, stupider days I tried Special K, it made me hallucinate and not only that I was out of it completely while hallucinating. As in I didn't know where I was or what I was doing. It's also used to cut drugs like molly because it's a lot cheaper. I can totally understand how he would have got run over if he was trying to cross a freeway on K. Then alcohol can amplify the effects of that.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 07:57:38 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Toxicology report released today.  Haskins had 2 samples taken he was .2 and .24 in those samples for alcohol (basically 3 times the legal limit of. 08).  He also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine.

Ketamine is a disassociative drug that changes your depth perception among other things.

They call it Special K, it's used as a party drug. Back in my younger, stupider days I tried Special K, it made me hallucinate and not only that I was out of it completely while hallucinating. As in I didn't know where I was or what I was doing. It's also used to cut drugs like molly because it's a lot cheaper. I can totally understand how he would have got run over if he was trying to cross a freeway on K. Then alcohol can amplify the effects of that.

Less likely to understand how he was driving a car before hand though, considering that most of the people I've seen on it over the years tend to melt into whatever they are currently sitting on, if not the floor.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 08:01:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Less likely to understand how he was driving a car before hand though, considering that most of the people I've seen on it over the years tend to melt into whatever they are currently sitting on, if not the floor.
The thought of someone even being able to get a car moving while on K is astonishing and spooky (and maybe impressive).

But, I do know of stories of people using it for medical purposes beyond anaesthesia and pain-killing. Who knows.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 08:21:36 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

The thought of someone even being able to get a car moving while on K is astonishing and spooky (and maybe impressive).

But, I do know of stories of people using it for medical purposes beyond anaesthesia and pain-killing. Who knows.

It’s all in the dosing  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 10:27:46 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Correct me if I’m wrong but Just because he was positive on it in his toxicology doesn’t necessarily mean he was high on it at the time of his death right?
Greg

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 10:32:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Correct me if I’m wrong but Just because he was positive on it in his toxicology doesn’t necessarily mean he was high on it at the time of his death right?

Sure.  ;)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 06:26:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

For the drugs, correct.  But, Ketamine has a short half-life compared to some other drugs.  It stays in the system for less than a day.

He was definitely drunk, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2022, 08:32:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

For the drugs, correct.  But, Ketamine has a short half-life compared to some other drugs.  It stays in the system for less than a day.

Depends on how they did the test on how long it lasts (blood is less than 24 hours, but urine and hair are longer), but I'd be willing to bet that he took both of the ketamines at some point the night before or early in the morning that day since he died at like 6 am.  He was probably out partying and was driving home with the alcohol and drugs in his system.  At least that is the logical reasonable conclusion to be reached. 

Sad and tragic, but in some respects lucky it was just him and he didn't go off the road and kill his passenger or worse hit someone else and kill them. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 08:35:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Depends on how they did the test on how long it lasts (blood is less than 24 hours, but urine and hair are longer), but I'd be willing to bet that he took both of the ketamines at some point the night before or early in the morning that day since he died at like 6 am.  He was probably out partying and was driving home with the alcohol and drugs in his system.  At least that is the logical reasonable conclusion to be reached. 

Sad and tragic, but in some respects lucky it was just him and he didn't go off the road and kill his passenger or worse hit someone else and kill them.

Yeah, sadly that's my take, as well.  The combination of a large amount of alcohol + drugs + driving is a tragedy waiting to happen.  We all wish this had turned out better, but it could have been so much worse.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes