Author Topic: Dwayne Haskins hit by car and killed  (Read 5578 times)

Dwayne Haskins hit by car and killed
« on: April 09, 2022, 11:25:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Terrible news. Haskins agent reported he was hit by a car this morning and was killed.  He was in South Florida training with other Steeler QB's.  He was 24.  So tragic.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:07:59 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Dwayne Haskins hit by car and killed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 11:43:29 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
Whoa.  Tragic.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:48:36 AM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Awful news, RIP  :'(

Also, the way Schefter tweeted about it this morning was absolutely pathetic and I hope he faces repercussions for it. In fact there are a ton of NFL players calling him out for it, and deservedly so. What a clown
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 02:10:17 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Awful news, RIP  :'(

Also, the way Schefter tweeted about it this morning was absolutely pathetic and I hope he faces repercussions for it. In fact there are a ton of NFL players calling him out for it, and deservedly so. What a clown

The way you framed it I was expecting he said something about Haskins lack of mobility.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 02:59:05 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died Saturday morning after he was struck by a dump truck while he was walking on a South Florida highway. Haskins was 24 years old.

Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson Lt. Indiana Miranda confirmed the accident on westbound Interstate 595. Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

Miranda didn't say why Haskins was on the highway. The accident caused the highway to be shut down for several hours.

"He was just walking on the highway and got hit," Miranda told The Associated Press.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 04:25:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I was Trying to find out why would a young healthy world class smart athlete in the days of so many cell phones , emergency buttons in modern cars ,  you would risk getting out of your car near I95  ? , much less crossing a huge highway 595  and never hear or see a huge dump truck barreling down on you .  Part of the this tragic story  seems missing IMO .

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 04:38:22 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I was Trying to find out why would a young healthy world class smart athlete in the days of so many cell phones , emergency buttons in modern cars ,  you would risk getting out of your car near I95  ? , much less crossing a huge highway 595  and never hear or see a huge dump truck barreling down on you .  Part of the this tragic story  seems missing IMO .

I think if they release the time the accident took place that might be a little bit more of a window into what could have caused all this
Greg

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 06:14:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I think if they release the time the accident took place that might be a little bit more of a window into what could have caused all this
6:44 AM what I read ,  police said he appeared to be crossing 595

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 06:38:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I read somewhere that he'd run out fuel. Total speculation though.

Tragic stuff. RIP.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 07:00:06 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I read somewhere that he'd run out fuel. Total speculation though.

Tragic stuff. RIP.

He couldn’t call someone to bring fuel? The whole thing is very strange.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 06:01:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Toxicology report released today.  Haskins had 2 samples taken he was .2 and .24 in those samples for alcohol (basically 3 times the legal limit of. 08).  He also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Toxicology report released today.  Haskins had 2 samples taken he was .2 and .24 in those samples for alcohol (basically 3 times the legal limit of. 08).  He also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine.

Man that's just sad and tragic all the way around  :'(

But to be honest, this makes it a lot more understandable as to how this accident occurred. Though another way to look at it is, the NFL could have easily had another Ruggs incident if Haskins and the other person in his car hadn't run out of gas and continued driving (per the reports).

Still, tragic all around.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 06:45:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Millionaires driving while impaired is something I simply cannot get my head around
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 06:49:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

Ketamine is a disassociative drug that changes your depth perception among other things.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I think most folks knew some info like this would come out.  None of this made sense
Greg