Author Topic: Red Sox ownership to buy Penguins?  (Read 5032 times)

Red Sox ownership to buy Penguins?
« on: November 16, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fenway Sports Group is in advanced talks to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins, a source confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux have been the Penguins' majority owners since 1999. The Wall Street Journal and Sportico were the first to report on the potential sale.

The agreement needs to be approved by the Fenway Sports Group board, and then would be subject to NHL approval. The NHL's Board of Governors must approve any potential sale.

Billionaire John Henry is the principal owner of Fenway Sports Group, whose portfolio includes the Boston Red Sox of MLB, Liverpool of the EPL, and Roush Fenway Racing of NASCAR. Fenway Sports Group also owns real estate, including Fenway Park. NBA star LeBron James has stake in the company.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Red Sox ownership to buy Penguins?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:35:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I guess this will be a problem when the Penguins and Red Sox play each other.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Red Sox ownership to buy Penguins?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:36:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I guess this will be a problem when the Penguins and Red Sox play each other.....in a NASCAR race.
Fixed it for you