Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90746 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2022, 05:20:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I’ve racked my brain every which way possible, and this is the absolute best thing that could happen to us:

BOS In: Kawhi
LAC In: Brown, Theis, Stauskas, however many picks/swaps it takes

Kawhi demanding a trade to team up with JT is literally the dream scenario. No more dreaming of Brown becoming Kawhi: We need the real deal, the best defensive wing on the planet and the second (or the) best all-around wing after JT, who’s now the best offensive wing on the planet. Mr. Playoffs Prime Time himself. You won’t see him shying away from the winning shots, missing pivotal free throws, and turning the ball over under pressure. He’ll show JT how to take it to the highest level, the legend level!

Kawhi’s tanned, rested and ready to win more rings so he can get his name in the top ten all-time. He’s only turning 31 next week, with a game based on BBIQ rather than athleticism, and knows he needs a better situation than LA to cement his legacy. He needs 3-4 rings in the next 5 years and so do we. Who’s the last guy to dethrone the Warriors in the Finals? Who’s undefeated in the Finals against the Warriors? Kawhi and with less of a supporting cast than we have now. Kawhi teaming up with JT, Horford, Smart, Timelord, Batman and D-White would make us unstoppable. And guess who helped coach Kawhi when he entered the league with the Spurs, and helped show him how to be the only player to ever shutdown Prime LeBron in 2014? U betcha it was Udoka!

Let’s do this!!!
There is nothing dreamy about such an insane risk.

So he’s reportedly PO’d at the Clippers’ medical staff. Apparently one thing Kawhi will not stand for is medical staff not being forthright with him, as we learned from San Antonio. Can bet our bottom dollar he’s always getting second opinions and independent evaluations now. If the rumors are true, and he wants for force himself to a championship contender as a result, we’re the ideal situation for him and if he’s fully healthy, he’s the ideal piece for us. Udoka and him go way back. Tatum needs a guy like Kawhi who will take charge without making mistakes/turnovers and missing free throws. That’s a true 1A/1B duo and who’s A changes from game to game.

Clippers save face by getting JB, who was JT’s number two in a title run. Easy enough spin for them to make to their fan base when combining JB with picks. Move PG-13 for another solid, younger piece, and they’ve got a decent foundation to build upon. Meanwhile, and far more importantly, we’ll have two top ten (dare I say top five?) players with a great supporting cast.

It’s the best way forward if it’s possible to make it happen. If we cannot do that, rather than move JB or Smart, I’d rather just run the same team again with an MLE and one or two TPEs for more depth.

Since you mentioned elsewhere that Brown has proven no longer to be a star because of his turnovers during these playoffs, what would entice the Clippers to trade for him using their best player?
Wait! What?

JB averaged 3.1 TO/game in the playoffs. Because of that number he is disqualified from being a star?

But Tatum, who averaged 4.2 TO/game in the playoffs and set a record for most turnovers ever in a single playoff season is still qualified as being a star?

Jaylen was the better player in the Finals and a way more consistent player throughout the playoffs than Jayson.

I think the opposite. If anything Brown proved he was a star in these playoffs. Watch. He will return to being an All-Star in 2023 and maybe All-NBA. His national exposure during the playoffs elevated his prominence in the league.

« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2022, 07:33:06 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I’ve racked my brain every which way possible, and this is the absolute best thing that could happen to us:

Kawhi demanding a trade to team up with JT is literally the dream scenario. No more dreaming of Brown becoming Kawhi: We need the real deal, the best defensive wing on the planet and the second (or the) best all-around wing after JT, who’s now the best offensive wing on the planet. Mr. Playoffs Prime Time himself. You won’t see him shying away from the winning shots, missing pivotal free throws, and turning the ball over under pressure. He’ll show JT how to take it to the highest level, the legend level!

Kawhi’s tanned, rested and ready to win more rings so he can get his name in the top ten all-time. He’s only turning 31 next week, with a game based on BBIQ rather than athleticism, and knows he needs a better situation than LA to cement his legacy. He needs 3-4 rings in the next 5 years and so do we. Who’s the last guy to dethrone the Warriors in the Finals? Who’s undefeated in the Finals against the Warriors? Kawhi and with less of a supporting cast than we have now. Kawhi teaming up with JT, Horford, Smart, Timelord, Batman and D-White would make us unstoppable. And guess who helped coach Kawhi when he entered the league with the Spurs, and helped show him how to be the only player to ever shutdown Prime LeBron in 2014? U betcha it was Udoka!

Let’s do this!!!

So he’s reportedly PO’d at the Clippers’ medical staff. Apparently one thing Kawhi will not stand for is medical staff not being forthright with him, as we learned from San Antonio. Can bet our bottom dollar he’s always getting second opinions and independent evaluations now. If the rumors are true, and he wants for force himself to a championship contender as a result, we’re the ideal situation for him and if he’s fully healthy, he’s the ideal piece for us. Udoka and him go way back. Tatum needs a guy like Kawhi who will take charge without making mistakes/turnovers and missing free throws. That’s a true 1A/1B duo and who’s A changes from game to game.

Clippers save face by getting JB, who was JT’s number two in a title run. Easy enough spin for them to make to their fan base when combining JB with picks. Move PG-13 for another solid, younger piece, and they’ve got a decent foundation to build upon. Meanwhile, and far more importantly, we’ll have two top ten (dare I say top five?) players with a great supporting cast.

It’s the best way forward if it’s possible to make it happen. If we cannot do that, rather than move JB or Smart, I’d rather just run the same team again with an MLE and one or two TPEs for more depth.

Since you mentioned elsewhere that Brown has proven no longer to be a star because of his turnovers during these playoffs, what would entice the Clippers to trade for him using their best player?
Wait! What?

JB averaged 3.1 TO/game in the playoffs. Because of that number he is disqualified from being a star?

But Tatum, who averaged 4.2 TO/game in the playoffs and set a record for most turnovers ever in a single playoff season is still qualified as being a star?

Jaylen was the better player in the Finals and a way more consistent player throughout the playoffs than Jayson.

I think the opposite. If anything Brown proved he was a star in these playoffs. Watch. He will return to being an All-Star in 2023 and maybe All-NBA. His national exposure during the playoffs elevated his prominence in the league.

JKJB!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2022, 07:47:30 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Let’s do this!!!

Wait! What?

Greenly's words not mine (if I recall correctly).

Either way I would like to see how he would justify saying that Brown isn't a star, and still hypothetically trading him for basically a potential top 3 NBA player.

« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2022, 10:17:59 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Let’s do this!!!

Wait! What?

Greenly's words not mine (if I recall correctly).

Either way I would like to see how he would justify saying that Brown isn't a star, and still hypothetically trading him for basically a potential top 3 NBA player.

I like JB. All I’m saying is that he was writing checks his body could not cash in most every game of the Finals. Even missed pivotal free throws at the end of pivotal games. His style once again regressed back to that iso BS circa late 2021. We lost. In contrast, Kawhi won a championship at age 22 as the best player on his team given it was the twilight of Duncan/Parker/Ginobli. Dude shutdown Prime LeBron in the 2014 NBA Finals. Three time All-NBA 1st team, five time all-star, seven time all-defense, two time defensive player of the year, and a member of the NBA 75th anniversary team. Still a top ten NBA talent, and top five if he demonstrates his health is back (a strong bet given medical advancements, how cautious Kawhi is with his health, etc.).

Does anybody seriously think JB is coming anywhere close to all of those accolades, and will be the best player on two championship teams? The Klaw is obviously a huge upgrade. I’ll always wish we had moved Kyrie/JB for him in 2018 because I have no doubt we’d have won in 2019 and I’ve got a strong feeling Kawhi would be all about the Celtic Pride, being legendary alongside Bill Russell thing. We’d be a dynasty right now. Sad. However, it’s not too late to fix that error just like it wasn’t too late to fix the error of not paying Horford.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:27:41 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2022, 02:32:56 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Reshuffling of the powers that be where East and West swap in the quest to do something different to dethrone the Warriors. The Pistons end up using their cap space to take on Westbrick and a good pick since Westbrick still sells tickets and no unrestricted free agent wants to play in Motown. We get in on the action to get The Klaw!

LAL In: Kyrie, Kennard, Bagley, Theis
LAC In: KD, JB, 2024 BOS 1st
BKN In: AD, PG-13, 2028 LAC 1st
DET In: Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st

Team-level details:

BOS Out: JB, Theis, 2024 BOS 1st

LAL In: Kyrie, Kennard, Bagley, Theis
LAL Out: AD, Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st

LAC In: KD, JB, 2024 BOS 1st
LAC Out: Kawhi, PG-13, Kennard, 2028 LAC 1st

BKN In: AD, PG-13, 2028 LAC 1st
BKN Out: KD, Kyrie

DET In: Westbrick, 2026 LAL 1st
DET Out: Bagley

It works in trade machine, with the only unknown being what Bagley would cost since he’s currently an RFA. Who says no and why? I’d say all five teams walk away happy, with two of the five (BKN and LAL) thinking they got out of a really bad jam. If Kawhi is quietly upset with LAC as the rumors state, make that 3 of 5 teams. I think us and LAC should feel most ecstatic about such a seismic change that would produce amazing ratings next season. Would be hilarious seeing LeBron end his career with Kyrie’s nonsense setting back the Lakers for a decade. Meanwhile, Klaw roars “Beat LA!” as he quickly enters the pantheon of Celtics greats by bringing us our first ring in 15 years, whether it’s over LAC, Golden State, Dallas or Denver.

Klaw, JT, Smart, Timelord, Horford, D-White, Batman, a TPE rotation player and an MLE rotation is literally an unbeatable squad when Kawhi/JT are healthy (true of any duo in the league):

Smart/D-White
Tatum/Pritchard
Klaw/TPE/Nesmith
Horford/Batman
Timelord/MLE or TPE

Imagine having Tatum bully shooting guards doing his best impressions of MJ, while Kawhi locks down all wings, Smart locks down the PG and Timelord shuts down the paint? DEFENSE 🤤
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:58:22 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #410 on: June 25, 2022, 03:00:46 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
The masterpiece is below. It could happen now that word on the street is Spurs will give up Murray for three first-rounders, and Kawhi is unhappy with LAC. The only question is how we would divvy up the picks/swaps in the two separate trades:

BOS In: Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray
BOS Out: JB, Theis, TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2026 BOS 1st, 2028 BOS 1st, 2023 BOS 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st swap, 2027 BOS 1st swap, 2029 BOS 1st swap, (3) 2023 BOS 2nd, 2029 BOS 2nd

SAS In: TPE, mix of picks/swaps
SAS Out: Murray

LAC In: JB, Theis, mix of picks/swaps
LAC Out: Leonard

Unstoppable, and the chemistry is already there with Udoka, Kawhi and Murray, so it’s like the stars aligning perfectly just like 2007:

Murray/D-White
Smart/Pritchard
Kawhi/MLE/Nesmith
Tatum/GWill
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Ring-chasing vet big, ring-chasing vet guard, ring-chasing vet wing, Davison

« Reply #411 on: June 27, 2022, 02:01:11 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

I wasn't being clear, but my point is if you think Jaylen isn't great, then why would the Clippers want to trade for him.

But Greenly how about the KD stuff, would you trade Jaylen for KD? I feel like you're kind of an old school dude, like John Karalis of Locked On Celtics, a long term fan of the game. Does KD have the mentality? Is his body too skinny to hold up?

« Reply #412 on: June 27, 2022, 02:29:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I wasn't being clear, but my point is if you think Jaylen isn't great, then why would the Clippers want to trade for him.

But Greenly how about the KD stuff, would you trade Jaylen for KD? I feel like you're kind of an old school dude, like John Karalis of Locked On Celtics, a long term fan of the game. Does KD have the mentality? Is his body too skinny to hold up?
Really? I get the feeling he's more a late teenage to mid twenties dude. These trades reek of someone who was brought up playing 2K in manager mode. The logic given for the trades do too

« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2022, 02:47:02 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Really? I get the feeling he's more a late teenage to mid twenties dude. These trades reek of someone who was brought up playing 2K in manager mode. The logic given for the trades do too

(Full disclosure, I'm might actually be one of those 20-somethings dudes you're talking about, turning 30 this year hah)

Hah I think he's got big ideas and wants to do grand things, like Red did. But all those crazy things that Red did, they just don't fly now given the CBA has become more sophisticated, and everything is a bit more evolved. That's what I feel anyway.

« Reply #414 on: June 27, 2022, 07:33:58 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The masterpiece is below. It could happen now that word on the street is Spurs will give up Murray for three first-rounders, and Kawhi is unhappy with LAC. The only question is how we would divvy up the picks/swaps in the two separate trades:

BOS In: Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray
BOS Out: JB, Theis, TPE, 2024 BOS 1st, 2026 BOS 1st, 2028 BOS 1st, 2023 BOS 1st swap, 2025 BOS 1st swap, 2027 BOS 1st swap, 2029 BOS 1st swap, (3) 2023 BOS 2nd, 2029 BOS 2nd

SAS In: TPE, mix of picks/swaps
SAS Out: Murray

LAC In: JB, Theis, mix of picks/swaps
LAC Out: Leonard

Unstoppable, and the chemistry is already there with Udoka, Kawhi and Murray, so it’s like the stars aligning perfectly just like 2007:

Murray/D-White
Smart/Pritchard
Kawhi/MLE/Nesmith
Tatum/GWill
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Ring-chasing vet big, ring-chasing vet guard, ring-chasing vet wing, Davison

I've often marveled at people wanting to trade JB for Kawhi and wondering, why.  I've said many times, JB is a younger Kawhi and numbers are beginning to prove this.  This is after both of their year 6 in the league:  https://stathead.com/tiny/AfJot

JB is closing the gap, and oh by the way, four years younger.  Don't go for the one time championship with a Kawhi or worse KD trade, go for the Dynasty with JB and JT leading the way.

Also note, I read over the weekend that Dejounte Murray fits into the TPE from Fournier.  Seems like that would be the play for Brad.  He fits with the age of JB and JT and thus, the C's dynasty to come!

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #415 on: June 27, 2022, 09:55:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would not mind trading for Murray but he is a not a floor spreader with that 33 % three point career shooting.   He could shoot it better here given he would be the third option.

I think it would take the TPE and maybe three picks.    I have heard they want a rotational guy and picks which may rule us out.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:04:09 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2022, 05:07:33 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Hah I think he's got big ideas and wants to do grand things, like Red did.

Exactly! We gotta think big like Red and try for the 💥 🎆 🥳

But all those crazy things that Red did, they just don't fly now given the CBA has become more sophisticated, and everything is a bit more evolved. That's what I feel anyway.

Virtually all of the ideas I throw out there work with the CBA and current cap situation of us/suggested partners. It annoys the heck out of people who love to shoot down trade ideas because they don’t work from a cap standpoint (they love criticizing but don’t actually generate ideas themselves), but you’ll very rarely see them being able to do that with the ideas in this thread. They may be crazy ideas at times for other reasons, but technically the trades could go through if all sides agreed to pursue the trade(s).

« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2022, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
Hah I think he's got big ideas and wants to do grand things, like Red did.

Exactly! We gotta think big like Red and try for the 💥 🎆 🥳

But all those crazy things that Red did, they just don't fly now given the CBA has become more sophisticated, and everything is a bit more evolved. That's what I feel anyway.

Virtually all of the ideas I throw out there work with the CBA and current cap situation of us/suggested partners. It annoys the heck out of people who love to shoot down trade ideas because they don’t work from a cap standpoint (they love criticizing but don’t actually generate ideas themselves), but you’ll very rarely see them being able to do that with the ideas in this thread. They may be crazy ideas at times for other reasons, but technically the trades could go through if all sides agreed to pursue the trade(s).

I guess it's not the CBA but, like, generally how things work, the landscape being much more competitive, and just teams being run more professionally with so much more money on the line. Like I don't know if anyone would be trading their guys for printers or generational superstars for Ice Capades nowadays. There is just less room to game the system that way and to do godfather stuff like that, and NBA dynasties seem to take longer to build.

I guess the Lakers still got their star big. But it was Anthony Davis and before that Dwight rather than Wilt or Shaq. Anthony Davis has fallen off now. And before that, Dwight didn't really work out. Toronto got Kawhii, and yes that's a top 3 player, but that just won them just one championship. It's just a little different for some reason.

I feel the closest thing to modern "godfather" moves would be Ainge watching Tatum in a shootaround and deciding he should go first over Fultz (and now we have perennial championship potential), or him hoarding a million firsts while having Hayward/Kyrie/the Jays/Horford (though that failed). Which is kind of ironic since you vocally dislike Ainge.

I may be wrong, since I'm not really an NBA historian or super knowledgeable on the current landscape, but that's just kind of how I feel about it.

« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2022, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
It’s a players’ league and the players tend to decide their fate nowadays, so here’s the new dream given that we clearly passed on Murray even though he was there for the taking—let’s call this “the promised fireworks at long last”:

We know Beal and JT are tight as THE St. Louis Bros. Beal just opted out, so it’s possible he wants that max and to be moved to Boston (and Washington is completely out of luck if you think about it because if Beal signs a one year deal with Detroit or wherever, they’re out of Beal for nothing, so they ought to be scared if he’s demanding a trade anywhere!).

We know KD and Horford are tight, and we all suspect KD is eyeing the prospect of winning another title with us, particularly if he could do it against Golden State. He can even win a title and say he wishes he had come here in 2016 with Horford and if he could do it all over again, he would have. That really bolsters KD’s legacy if everything plays out like that.

We know JB is seemingly becoming more tight with Kyrie (see the latest JB thread in the main forum area)…

Add it all up and perhaps this makes everyone happy:

BOS In: KD, Beal
BOS Out: JB, Theis, Stauskas, Hauser, Morgan, Fitts (this makes the deal exactly budget neutral—important since we’re talking a Beal S&T here), and a mix of multiple picks/swaps

BKN In: JB and a mix of BOS picks/swaps
BKN Out: KD

Commentary: Kyrie gets his buddy JB. If Kyrie goes elsewhere after this year, JB can force a trade to that location as an expiring contract in 2023-2024. Am thinking they would be both perfect in LA Purple/Gold with LeBron after Westbrick is off the books and AD is dealt to bring in JB. Might even be good enough to cause a Lakers Vs. Celtics Finals. Circling back to this year and beyond, KD gets to contend for a title right away, his only desire apparently. Everyone is happy and nobody needs to feel bad about JB being dealt.

WAS In: Theis, Stauskas, Hauser, Morgan, Fitts and a mix of BOS picks/swaps
WAS Out: Beal

Commentary: Beal gets JT and JT gets Beal. We make major bucks in the St. Louis market, too. More than enough to pay for our future luxury taxes 😉

The question is how many picks/swaps will it take to pull these off? Well, Beal has SUPER leverage. KD has some leverage by being KD. If they really, really want to come here, it will happen. It just makes sense they’d want that, right down to KD being a Celtic to LeBron’s Laker. The two best players of their generation going face to face as Celtic/Laker is just amazing.

So we go into 2022-2023 with basically exchanging JB/Theis/picks/swaps for KD/Beal (obviously an upgrade), more experience for everyone, and the following rotations:

Smart/White
Beal/Pritchard or White
KD/Batman or Nesmith
JT/Batman or Horford
Timelord/Horford

Bench: Ring-chasing 5/4 vet, ring-chasing 3/2 vet, ring-chasing PG, Davison, Begarin. All vets at the minimum given the cap via S&T for Beal.

The above is a serious upgrade on the whole. I can totally see us winning multiple titles for years to come given KD’s and Horford’s games do not rely on athleticism, and everyone else is in their 20s with JT entering his prime.

#LFG
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 10:45:16 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2022, 10:28:30 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Washington trades Beal for a poo poo platter.  Ha ha ha