Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90772 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2022, 09:20:18 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
This is probably more realistic, hopefully getting a solid 3 via TPE right before the Ayton S&T is finalized:

BOS In: Ayton, Crowder
PHX In: KD, Horford
BKN In: Smart, Bridges, multiple picks/swaps from PHX

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Tatum/Crowder/TPE
Batman/Gallo
Ayton/Timelord

That’s one heck of a team, too.

« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2022, 09:53:52 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This is probably more realistic, hopefully getting a solid 3 via TPE right before the Ayton S&T is finalized:

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Tatum/Crowder/TPE
Batman/Gallo
Ayton/Timelord

I'd rather run with Horford and Smart.

Horford at 36 averages more BPG and only 1 less FTPG. He stretches the floor and we know he's not a locker room problem.

And the reigning defensive player of the year is worth keeping on our roster.

« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2022, 10:04:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Tatum/Crowder/TPE
Batman/Gallo
Ayton/Timelord

I'd rather run with Horford and Smart.

Horford at 36 averages more BPG and only 1 less FTPG. He stretches the floor and we know he's not a locker room problem.

And the reigning defensive player of the year is worth keeping on our roster.
I agree Al and Smart>Ayton. Only plus is beyond this year if Al hits a wall or walks. We are kind of win now.

« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2022, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
What about getting the next defensive player of the year AND Ayton:

BOS In: Ayton, Bridges
BKN In: Smart, Saric, Shamet, all of PHX’s picks/swaps, maybe picks/swaps from Boston
PHX In: KD, Horford, Timelord

Our perspective:

BOS Out: Timelord, Smart, Horford

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Bridges/Grant
JT/Gallo
Ayton/TPE 5-4 before we deal for Ayton

If bringing in Brogdon gets JB to re-sign, we literally have a dynastic starting lineup of dudes in their 20s. Again, it may sound like a lot to people who do not pay attention to the WC, but Ayton is a former number one overall pick who’s only 23, a walking double-double and completely dominant on both ends of the floor. 6’11 and 250+ lbs. Basically the Big version of Tatum when you consider how good he is offensively in the paint (and he can handle Giannis and Embiid). To get him and Bridges (the runner-up to Smart for
DPOY who’s only 25 and signed long term) for Timelord/Smart (our injured duo) and an aging Horford (who’s friends with KD) is called taking advantage of the KD situation just like we took advantage of the Pacers’ situation. If KD is saying Phoenix or I sit out, this may be the best Brooklyn can hope for. We should pounce.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 10:11:06 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Everyone is talking about how it’s amazing KD is on the market, but what’s also amazing is that Ayton is available. Dude helped turn Phoenix from jokes into first place and runner-up in the Finals a year ago. 23, averaging almost 20 PPG/10 RBG and can defend just as well as Timelord without as many injury concerns. Bridges is another attractive piece like Smart. Both these guys totally fit our identity and timeline. We would be loaded with JT, JB, Ayton and Bridges as our core and a great supporting cast in Brogdon, White, Gallo and hopefully another guy via TPE. That team beats both a healthy Bucks and healthy Warriors.

« Reply #440 on: July 01, 2022, 10:19:33 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
While Ayton has injury concerns like Smart, he’s got nothing on Timelord. But here’s the thing with Bridges: He almost never misses time and is arguably the best defensive wing in the league other than Kawhi. We could use an injury-free wing given our history with JT and JB.

« Reply #441 on: July 01, 2022, 10:51:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celts are now over the hard cap number. Which means an Ayton, or any other, sign and trade can't happen without Boston dumping millions and millions of salary.

In other words, any trade proposals with a sign and trade player coming to Boston isn't happening.

« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2022, 10:59:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

BKN In: Smart, Saric, Shamet, all of PHX’s picks/swaps, maybe picks/swaps from Boston

Our perspective:

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Bridges/Grant
JT/Gallo

If bringing in Brogdon gets JB to re-sign, we literally have a dynastic starting lineup of dudes in their 20s. Again, it may sound like a lot to people who do not pay attention to the WC, but Ayton is a former number one overall pick who’s only 23, a walking double-double and completely dominant on both ends of the floor. 6’11 and 250+ lbs. Basically the Big version of Tatum when you consider how good he is offensively in the paint (and he can handle Giannis and Embiid). To get him and Bridges (the runner-up to Smart for
DPOY who’s only 25 and signed long term) for Timelord/Smart (our injured duo) and an aging Horford (who’s friends with KD) is called taking advantage of the KD situation just like we took advantage of the Pacers’ situation. If KD is saying Phoenix or I sit out, this may be the best Brooklyn can hope for. We should pounce.
Suns can only take back like $19 million for Ayton but Ayton counts as $31 million for another team. So they could only accept TL and KD back for all that you have going out in this trade. C's would need another team that has cap space to absorb Al and send very little salary if at all back.

« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2022, 12:15:58 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Our perspective:

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Bridges/Grant
JT/Gallo

Suns can only take back like $19 million for Ayton but Ayton counts as $31 million for another team. So they could only accept TL and KD back for all that you have going out in this trade. C's would need another team that has cap space to absorb Al and send very little salary if at all back.

Forgot about that quirk. They’d have to deal Crowder to us for the TPE before executing the deal, then add their bench players to send to the Nets like we did with the Pacers today. That should do the trick.

« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2022, 12:20:13 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Celts are now over the hard cap number. Which means an Ayton, or any other, sign and trade can't happen without Boston dumping millions and millions of salary.

In other words, any trade proposals with a sign and trade player coming to Boston isn't happening.

I thought the hard cap only kicks-in the minute the S&T happens and the team is then hard-capped where they are after the S&T—if we make the deal, we can only then add more players at the veteran minimum after that. But that would be the plan, anyway, after bringing in Ayton. If that’s not the case, and it’s instead a hard cap value that we’re already beyond, Suns are gonna have a hard time landing KD since the Nets are not going to get someone to take on Simmons and I do know they cannot have both Simmons/Ayton because of that ridiculous rule (and most teams that want Ayton would be in a situation like ours). I suppose Detroit might give a bunch of picks/swaps for Ayton, and perhaps the Nets might go for a haul of 7-8 picks/swaps for KD plus a massive TPE. If I were the Nets, I’d take as many picks for KD as possible and then ship out Kyrie/Curry to LA for even more picks/swaps/Westbrick dump/and tens of millions in cash. Put the tens of millions from LA toward building the best training facilities in the league, and then try to rebuild around Simmons after giving him the best health care and coaching possible. Clear out cap space elsewhere and try to get a mega free agent in 2-3 years plus smart drafting. But I’m generally in favor of a rebuild based on a ton of picks (like Ainge is doing in Utah) when it’s clear a title cannot be had unless it’s a full-on restart with lots of draft picks.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 12:26:24 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2022, 12:52:35 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Our perspective:

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Bridges/Grant
JT/Gallo

Forgot about that quirk. They’d have to deal Crowder to us for the TPE before executing the deal, then add their bench players to send to the Nets like we did with the Pacers today. That should do the trick.
They will have like 6 players left lol

« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2022, 01:28:09 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Our perspective:

Brogdon/White
JB/Pritchard
Bridges/Grant
JT/Gallo

They will have like 6 players left lol

They are actually quite deep even after that deal and some re-signs where they have cap holds. This is probably a team we would be more likely than not to meet in the Finals next year:

CP3/Holiday
Booker
KD/Craig
Horford
Timelord/Biyombo

Rounding out the roster: Ring-chasing friends of KD/Horford

« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2022, 01:31:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I thought the hard cap only kicks-in the minute the S&T happens and the team is then hard-capped where they are after the S&T—if we make the deal, we can only then add more players at the veteran minimum after that. But that would be the plan, anyway, after bringing in Ayton. If that’s not the case, and it’s instead a hard cap value that we’re already beyond, Suns are gonna have a hard time landing KD since the Nets are not going to get someone to take on Simmons and I do know they cannot have both Simmons/Ayton because of that ridiculous rule (and most teams that want Ayton would be in a situation like ours). I suppose Detroit might give a bunch of picks/swaps for Ayton, and perhaps the Nets might go for a haul of 7-8 picks/swaps for KD plus a massive TPE. If I were the Nets, I’d take as many picks for KD as possible and then ship out Kyrie/Curry to LA for even more picks/swaps/Westbrick dump/and tens of millions in cash. Put the tens of millions from LA toward building the best training facilities in the league, and then try to rebuild around Simmons after giving him the best health care and coaching possible. Clear out cap space elsewhere and try to get a mega free agent in 2-3 years plus smart drafting. But I’m generally in favor of a rebuild based on a ton of picks (like Ainge is doing in Utah) when it’s clear a title cannot be had unless it’s a full-on restart with lots of draft picks.
If a sign and trade is going to happen, before it can occur the team must first get under the hard cap enough so that after the deal, the trade can happen.

For instance, let's say a team is $5 million over the hard cap but wants to bring in a player on a net neutral financial deal. Salary in = salary out. Before the deal can happen, the team must shed at least $5 million first to complete the deal.

Celtics are going to be well over the hard cap and still don't have 15 men on the roster. They would need to salary dump enough salary to make the deal work plus be under enough to add bodies.

That simply is not going to happen.

« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2022, 01:33:35 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

If a sign and trade is going to happen, before it can occur the team must first get under the hard cap enough so that after the deal, the trade can happen.

For instance, let's say a team is $5 million over the hard cap but wants to bring in a player on a net neutral financial deal. Salary in = salary out. Before the deal can happen, the team must shed at least $5 million first to complete the deal.

Celtics are going to be well over the hard cap and still don't have 15 men on the roster. They would need to salary dump enough salary to make the deal work plus be under enough to add bodies.

That simply is not going to happen.

Well, there goes that idea. Detroit better want Ayton if the Nets want to facilitate a KD to Phoenix mega deal.

« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2022, 01:50:52 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Below could be fun and I think an upgrade for us—would not feel bad at all if Horford wanted to team up with KD rather than stay here, CP3 is as likely as Horford to last 2-3 more years, and Bridges is even better than Smart IMHO (Smart’s hero ball in the fourth of games 4-6 has left a bad taste in my mouth—if JT and/or JB would like to see him shipped for an upgrade/lateral, I 100% support that):

BOS In: CP3, Bridges
PHX In: KD, Horford, Smart
DET In: Ayton
BKN In: Unprecedented number of picks from PHX, DET, BOS, and generate a TPE for KD that they can use on a salary dump to take back a couple more picks from someone

Second deal for BKN because they’ve got an expiring in Kyrie who’s probably gonna “retire” if he doesn’t get shipped to LA (and we all know LeBron could care less about the Lakers’ future - heck, he wants to own a franchise by 2030 so it makes sense mortgaging the Lakers’ future for a Big 3 of LeBron/Kyrie/AD to close-out his career):

LAL In: Kyrie, Curry
BKN In: Westbrick, 2025 LAL 1st swap, 2026 LAL 1st, 2027 LAL 1st swap, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap

They could basically turn KD/Kyrie into 8-12 first-round picks/swaps by also taking on Westbrick for one year (he’ll still sell tickets for them). It’s the smart way to rebuild, really, considering they didn’t give up anything to sign KD/Kyrie, and already salvaged much of the Harden deal in the Simmons deal (and I still think Simmons could pan out—or quietly bounce back and be tradable for 1-2 picks in 2-3 years when they have all their cap space available again to pursue free agents again).

Meanwhile, and more importantly, we’d have a new, loud veteran voice in CP3 (and basically heavy influence of the upper echelon of the NBAPA with CP3, JB and Brogdon lol), and an elite defensive wing alongside JT/JB giving us a Big 3 (or Big 4 if Timelord continues to grow):

CP3/Brogdon
JB/White
Bridges/TPE
JT/Batman
Timelord/Gallinari

Then we get to work on using the TPE on a solid 3/4, and adding some of CP3’s ring-chasing buddies to fill out the bench alongside Davison and/or Begarin. With any luck, we beat LA in the Finals and CP3 gets his ring he deserves. Love it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:05:45 AM by GreenlyGreeny »