Author Topic: Former Celtic Nate Robinson boxing Jake Paul in undercard for Mike Tyson fight  (Read 7381 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Former Celtics superstar Nate “Krypto-Nate” Robinson got knocked out by 22 year old YouTube vlogger Jake Paul

https://twitter.com/daujay/status/1332900904903864324?s=21

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:36:54 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. Any boxing promotion that puts something like that on should be involuntarily folded
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Boxing is about making money and they making bank tonight. They won't get my $50 but there are far more casuals looking to be entertained then boxing purest.

ok fine

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Wow Nate got rocked by a youtuber lol.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Boxing is about making money and they making bank tonight. They won't get my $50 but there are far more casuals looking to be entertained then boxing purest.
absolutely

Mcgregor vs Mayweather proved it. They will keep pumping out these money making exhibition circus shows

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Wow!! I hope Nate is ok, that looked absolutely brutal!!

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. Any boxing promotion that puts something like that on should be involuntarily folded
True

“The drama between Jake Paul and Nate Robinson started back in May 2020. A few months after Paul's first professional boxing win over AnEsonGib, Robinson spoke with TMZ Sports about wanting to fight Paul. The callout mostly seemed random, but Robinson was passionate.
"I want all the smoke," Robinson said to TMZ Sports. "I'm a top-tier athlete. You beating me would probably be the biggest accomplishment for your boxing career, or social media influencer - whatever. That's your biggest claim to fame right now is knocking out Nate Robinson, so come do it. I'm putting my everything on the line for you. Let's get it done. It's that simple."

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
True

“The drama between Jake Paul and Nate Robinson started back in May 2020. A few months after Paul's first professional boxing win over AnEsonGib, Robinson spoke with TMZ Sports about wanting to fight Paul. The callout mostly seemed random, but Robinson was passionate.
"I want all the smoke," Robinson said to TMZ Sports. "I'm a top-tier athlete. You beating me would probably be the biggest accomplishment for your boxing career, or social media influencer - whatever. That's your biggest claim to fame right now is knocking out Nate Robinson, so come do it. I'm putting my everything on the line for you. Let's get it done. It's that simple."

Nate knows how to get paid. Got to give him that.
ok fine

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That 17 seconds of action was more entertaining than every Mayweather fight, ever.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
That 17 seconds of action was more entertaining than every Mayweather fight, ever.
agreed

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wow!  I expected Nate Robinson to destroy that guy because of his athleticism. 

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wonder what the payout is. I’d considering trying to stay alive for like 30 seconds vs Tyson for a couple million dollars. Might have permanent brain damage but I’d take that risk.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Wonder what the payout is. I’d considering trying to stay alive for like 30 seconds vs Tyson for a couple million dollars. Might have permanent brain damage but I’d take that risk.
Jake Paul will make guaranteed $750k and earnings will exceed $1 million if pay-per-view sales stay strong on fight date.

The opponent Nate Robinson who recently turned pro boxer in light heavyweights division will earn $500k guaranteed money and his earning will increase sum of $750k if the pay-per-view sales will exceed. The fight take place right before main event between (Tyson vs Jones Jr) who earn $20 million guaranteed purse and pay-per-view share beside the purse money.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I expect Roy Jones to easily beat Tyson since he retired just two years ago and Tyson retired 15 years ago. I’d like to watch it, but I’m not paying for silly exhibition fights.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I expect Roy Jones to easily beat Tyson since he retired just two years ago and Tyson retired 15 years ago. I’d like to watch it, but I’m not paying for silly exhibition fights.

Yeah, Jones will be quicker and less rusty.  Plus, this is supposed to be “heavy sparring”, with neither trying for a knockout.  That’s never going to play to Tyson’s (former) strengths.

But hey, for $20 million I’d take a beating, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes