Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 22922 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
All this debate over a music video? A music video?! Are you serious? The music video is dead. I mean, who cares really?

It's CelticsBlog. everything gets debated. "Heads or Tails" would be debated for at least few pages

I think he tries to be humorous but he isn't funny, so often he comes off as an x
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:26:59 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 09:55:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Word has it Kanye has flown to Texas and will interrupt Patrick Swayze's memorial service to tell us all the Michael Jackson had the best memorial service this year.

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
whoever thinks that Kanye West is a talented songwriter needs to search more. Check out ELLIOTT SMITH , he is probably the greatest songwriter since the beatles or Dylan. Unfortunately he got hardly any respect before his passing in 2003, but if you like talented songwriters I would highly recommend him!
He died just before he was going to become huge sadly. Great musician....

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 10:52:49 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Am I the only person who thinks what Kanye did is a minor issue in comparison to how insane Lady Gaga is? She really needs to be institutionalized.

I heard she had both her parts hanging out...

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Word has it Kanye has flown to Texas and will interrupt Patrick Swayze's memorial service to tell us all the Michael Jackson had the best memorial service this year.

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
Love Lockdown should've won something.

I agree

The only people who vote for any MTV award show nominees are teenagers who don't appreciate real artists such as Kanye West, that's why he never wins anything at the VMAs. If I were him I'd be sick of the way people are voting too. However the VMAs are a joke of an award show and he really shouldn't care. The Grammys should be the only thing that matters to him.

I love Kanye as a musician and an artist. I believe he is a good person, he just doesn't think before he does some things and he makes mistakes like everybody else. He just happens to be in the spotlight so we all see his mistakes (He also probably makes more mistakes than most people).

In the situation Kanye was wrong to do what he did. Had he mentioned something on his blog after the show along the lines of "People need to start voting better at the VMAs" this whole situation would have been avoided and I feel that most people would agree with his point. He chose a stupid way to make his point.

Really though, how can Taylor Swift win best female video of the year and not even be nominated for best video of the year... and then Beyonce wins best video of the year, but not best female video of the year... that is contradictory. MTV needs to straighten these things out.

TP, Kanye has some very creative videos that never get credit like last year.

Like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hotjeKvovg

...Which lost to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

...last year at the VMAs

Key to being a better song writer than Lil' Wayne: Make sense, actually say something that rhymes, have an education better than a 6th grader, be sober. lol

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
My prediction: Kanye and Swift are already in the studio together making a hit single. You know it's coming.

.....Yeah, that'd work...If Taylor Swift had career suicidal tendencies or wanted to lower herself to being a racist bigot. 

Taylor Swift doesn't have the immense talent to spit bigoted profanities into a microphone....Thank God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPOiqtf2FTE

EPIC FAIL!

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
My prediction: Kanye and Swift are already in the studio together making a hit single. You know it's coming.

.....Yeah, that'd work...If Taylor Swift had career suicidal tendencies or wanted to lower herself to being a racist bigot. 

Taylor Swift doesn't have the immense talent to spit bigoted profanities into a microphone....Thank God

EPIC FAIL!

i don't know what's worse, t-Pain's chain or the lyrics lol

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

EPIC FAIL!

haha TP4U, just because she's a talented country singer doesn't make her opposed to working with rap artists.

I doubt she'd work with west, for obvious reasons, but apparently she doesn't hold the belief of some here that "that dere rap be the devil's music!!!!"
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2009, 11:28:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
imho shes just 19
and
that all

everything else just been said   
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I haven't bought a CD since Raekwon Only Built for Cuban Linx in 1995, and haven't paid for a movie since one of the new Star Wars movies came out in 1998.   Why does anybody pay for movies or music?  When I bring it up on forums people talk about "supporting" the artist.    Does a millionaire really need support? How about supporting the rest of the 99% of the population who earn honest livings and work hard every day to live a successful life.  Where is the "support" for them?

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I haven't bought a CD since Raekwon Only Built for Cuban Linx in 1995, and haven't paid for a movie since one of the new Star Wars movies came out in 1998.   Why does anybody pay for movies or music?  When I bring it up on forums people talk about "supporting" the artist.    Does a millionaire really need support? How about supporting the rest of the 99% of the population who earn honest livings and work hard every day to live a successful life.  Where is the "support" for them?

you do realize at some level someone has to pay to keep the industry going right? If everyone adopted this excuse, then no one would make the product.

I certainly won't claim to be pure as the driven snow when it comes to buying all my music, but just because you steal it doesn't make you "smarter" than those who do. It just means you, like me at times, have less moral compunctions with petty thievery.

Being ok with stealing is not some moral high ground to be arguing from. IF your ok with yourself after you steal, that's fine, as i said, I've done the same and i'm quite ok with it.

But don't get all preachy with regards to people who might not be as willing as you or I to decide that 16 bucks or whatever is unreasonable for a CD.

I will say, as i get older and songs are more available in a "buck a song" format, i find it much harder to justify to myself internally downloading an album. I think it's been a two or three years since I have. I feel like the I-tunes pricing system is very reasonable.

Now don't get me started on anime, eh edgar? that one i can still justify to myself when i click the download button.

when a typical anime series might run me upwards of 200 dollars for all the CD's, im much more open to torrenting :D

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown

you do realize at some level someone has to pay to keep the industry going right? If everyone adopted this excuse, then no one would make the product.

I certainly won't claim to be pure as the driven snow when it comes to buying all my music, but just because you steal it doesn't make you "smarter" than those who do. It just means you, like me at times, have less moral compunctions with petty thievery.

Being ok with stealing is not some moral high ground to be arguing from. IF your ok with yourself after you steal, that's fine, as i said, I've done the same and i'm quite ok with it.

But don't get all preachy with regards to people who might not be as willing as you or I to decide that 16 bucks or whatever is unreasonable for a CD.

I will say, as i get older and songs are more available in a "buck a song" format, i find it much harder to justify to myself internally downloading an album. I think it's been a two or three years since I have. I feel like the I-tunes pricing system is very reasonable.

Now don't get me started on anime, eh edgar? that one i can still justify to myself when i click the download button.

when a typical anime series might run me upwards of 200 dollars for all the CD's, im much more open to torrenting :D

nothing you say makes any sense.   Who said the industry has to keep going? Is the movie or music industry contributing postively towards the economy? How do you know? Is the average standard of living going up because of the music or movie industry?  So even though there are plenty of recording studios around, plenty of equipment, plenty of opportunites to go online and make your music available it has to be paid for right? No, I do not agree.

Who said I was stealing anything.  If I watch Channel 4 and they have Back to the Future on, am I stealing from Michael J Fox? If I turn on the radio and hear a song by Destiny's Child am I stealing from Beyonce? If I go on youtube and listen to some Guns N Roses songs am I stealing from Axel Rose? No.  If I borrow my friends Cypress Hill CD am I stealing from B-Real.  I don't think so.  So I don't know what you're talking about when you say if you don't pay for music or movies you are stealing.  There is nothing here or there that says anything about that.

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:28 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Some Guns N Roses songs am I stealing from Axel Rose? No

woooow
hooo hoo
two in a row for me

my answers
maybe i am just not in japan to watch them on time crownsy
u know that if i was there
i probably watch them live

and for gnr a group i loved
maybe
i just try to buy every wingle disk because its just the group their musin i will buy
bad example for me

I dont know
i am not going into this debare cause i dont have the moral
property to carry it
but i think groups or authtors beneffits from broadcasting

that makes any sense?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
"but i think groups or authtors beneffits from broadcasting"

and how many small business, and industries that really matter in this country suffer because the money goes towards the movie or music industry? did you ever think of that one?