Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 22926 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I honestly don`t know what the problem is...

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Because even though it's the VMA's, it obviously meant alot to the girl to recieve such an award. What gives you the right to take that moment away from her?
It's like taking the mic from Del Potro at the US Open finals and saying;
"I'm happy for you Del Potro and Ima let you finish, but Federer had the best career of all time. OF ALL TIME"  8)

Besides, Beyonce went onto win the best video award anyway so West's rant is really not justified.

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant ****bag who just actively seeks attention.

It´s not like taking the mic from Del Potro. He achieved his success based on his talent.

This is more like the Undertaker taking the mic from generic Wrestler #7 to say "Hulk Hogan is the best"...and yes, I intentionally used a wrestling reference, because this looks exactly like an attempt to put Taylor Swift over.

Nobody would care about Taylor Swift´s speech if it wasn´t for Kanye West´s interference. That´s how important Kanye West is, and that´s how unimportant Taylor Swift is.

I want more Kanye West´s (read: creative individuals who make their own music) in the music business, and definitly less music for 16-year old spoilt brat girls, and I give a flying rat fart about how they behave otherwise.

Ol´ Dirty **** or 50 Cent shot people, sold crack, but nobody cares. Kanye West is stealing the limelight of a 19-year-old country-singer, and now he needs help? Yeah, right...

Casperian, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. However, it seems to me that your taking Kanye's side primarily because you love his music and hate taylor swift's. how is taylor swift a spoiled brat? i don't enjoy her music, but she is a young talent, and if the people enjoyed her music video, then she deserved the win, and it doesn't matter what Kanye thinks.

Also, no one was comparing Kanye to 50 Cent killing people. I just feel bad for a young girl who was excited to win an award getting the spotlight taken away from her and being humiliated in front of the country. Kanye needs to learn his place, and the less respect he has for other people, the less respect I have for him, no matter how much i enjoy his music.

Well, I think it´s easier to chalk it up under "agree to disagree". Let me just say that I am a singer and songwriter, so I think I know good music when I hear it. But that´s not the point. Kanye West is a true artist, whether you like his songs or not. I´m not a fan of rap in general, but I can appreciate the work of guys like Kanye West or Busta Rhymes, because these guys move the world (of music), whereas Taylor Swift rides on their coattails.

Think about this:
You are 18-year-old Kanye West. You discovered your special talent. You are the first and only one who believes in you. You have to form the opinion that you want to make it in the business, although probably everybody will laugh at you. You`re an average guy with a special talent and a chip on your shoulder. People, -girls-, you meet in your everyday life will treat you like a dreamer. You have the same struggles and feelings millions of other kids have. Then you come off stage, and everybody treats you like a superstar, because that´s what they do if you´re good, no matter if you´re famous or not. Imagine two super-hot girls walking up to you and offer you straight away to spend the night with them, just because they think you´re so great. You might laugh, but I´d say I was ugly and fat, and things like that happened to me, too, and not only once. Others will hate you for no real reason. You´ll meet people who want to beat the heck out of you, although you didn´t say one bad word on stage, and you´re not even famous!
Look at the Leno-clip, and Kanye´s reaction when Leno mentioned his mother. The guy is not an emotionless ****, quite the opposite (and you must have an easy access to your emotional side, imo, if you want to make music that reaches the people).

I have to wonder how anyone could not become an arrogant **** if they lived that life. This is not making excuses for Kanye West, or any other artist who behaves that way, just a possible explanation how this life-style can twist you, and equally important, the perception others have of you. Throw in the current state of the bigot media, and you have a great cocktail for overreaction by the people, as evidenced by this thread, imo.

For me, it boils down to this: Taylor Swift is a product, whereas Kanye West produces, and no matter how good a product Swift may be, Kanye West will always be more important to the world of music than Taylor Swift. I myself worked with countless artists who are clearly, no doubt, better singers and entertainers than Swift, but who are not that eye-candy. YOu will simply have to take my word for it.
In the long run, he gave Taylor Swift more spot-light than she could ever dream of if she just made her speech, as evidenced by this thread, and the time I already spent discussing her.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Because even though it's the VMA's, it obviously meant alot to the girl to recieve such an award. What gives you the right to take that moment away from her?
"I'm happy for you Del Potro and Ima let you finish, but Federer had the best career of all time. OF ALL TIME"  8)

Besides, Beyonce went onto win the best video award anyway so West's rant is really not justified.

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant ****bag who just actively seeks attention.

It´s not like taking the mic from Del Potro. He achieved his success based on his talent.

I want more Kanye West´s (read: creative individuals who make their own music) in the music business, and definitly less music for 16-year old spoilt brat girls, and I give a flying rat fart about how they behave otherwise.

You do realise she is her own songwriter right? To have already released two multi-platinum albums of your own songs by your 18th birthday is pretty impressive regardless of your taste in the music (and trust me, I despise this music, you just have to give credit where due).

Look I personaly would like to see more creative type artists like Kanye aswell. I thought he was going nowhere after graduation, but 808's was just an amazing concept album. However this isn't the issue, he completly ruined the moment for Taylor and her millions of fans (last time I checked the Country Genre was pretty big haha).

I cannot honestly see him allowing the same to happen to himself. When he last played Bonnaroo he threw a tantrum because Pearl Jam ran overtime! (Check out his ALL CAPS RANT ON HIS MACBOOK AIR!!$#%%#)

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

This is more like the Undertaker taking the mic from generic Wrestler #7 to say "Hulk Hogan is the best"...and yes, I intentionally used a wrestling reference, because this looks exactly like an attempt to put Taylor Swift over.

Nobody would care about Taylor Swift´s speech if it wasn´t for Kanye West´s interference. That´s how important Kanye West is, and that´s how unimportant Taylor Swift is.

Ol´ Dirty **** or 50 Cent shot people, sold crack, but nobody cares. Kanye West is stealing the limelight of a 19-year-old country-singer, and now he needs help? Yeah, right...
Botton line is,,,,The guy should of stayed in his seat and on his but and waited his turn if he got one!
In my opinion he's a punk and if you seen the the Leno interview he was obviously distraught and has a problem.
 Taylor Swift is actually a really talented musician , she writes her own music and had her first number 1 at the age of sixteen and she wrote it.
I am not a Swift fan, I would lean more towards Kanya and I would not let my personal feelings of a persons music get in the way of the reallity of what their actions are.
So what I am saying is....You are obviously a West fan and can't see beyond that and realize he is a punk!!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Casperian, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. However, it seems to me that your taking Kanye's side primarily because you love his music and hate taylor swift's. how is taylor swift a spoiled brat? i don't enjoy her music, but she is a young talent, and if the people enjoyed her music video, then she deserved the win, and it doesn't matter what Kanye thinks.

Also, no one was comparing Kanye to 50 Cent killing people. I just feel bad for a young girl who was excited to win an award getting the spotlight taken away from her and being humiliated in front of the country. Kanye needs to learn his place, and the less respect he has for other people, the less respect I have for him, no matter how much i enjoy his music.

Well, I think it´s easier to chalk it up under "agree to disagree". Let me just say that I am a singer and songwriter, so I think I know good music when I hear it. But that´s not the point. Kanye West is a true artist, whether you like his songs or not. I´m not a fan of rap in general, but I can appreciate the work of guys like Kanye West or Busta Rhymes, because these guys move the world (of music), whereas Taylor Swift rides on their coattails.

Think about this:
You are 18-year-old Kanye West. You discovered your special talent. You are the first and only one who believes in you. You have to form the opinion that you want to make it in the business, although probably everybody will laugh at you. You`re an average guy with a special talent and a chip on your shoulder. People, -girls-, you meet in your everyday life will treat you like a dreamer. You have the same struggles and feelings millions of other kids have. Then you come off stage, and everybody treats you like a superstar, because that´s what they do if you´re good, no matter if you´re famous or not. Imagine two super-hot girls walking up to you and offer you straight away to spend the night with them, just because they think you´re so great. You might laugh, but I´d say I was ugly and fat, and things like that happened to me, too, and not only once. Others will hate you for no real reason. You´ll meet people who want to beat the heck out of you, although you didn´t say one bad word on stage, and you´re not even famous!
Look at the Leno-clip, and Kanye´s reaction when Leno mentioned his mother. The guy is not an emotionless ****, quite the opposite (and you must have an easy access to your emotional side, imo, if you want to make music that reaches the people).

I have to wonder how anyone could not become an arrogant **** if they lived that life. This is not making excuses for Kanye West, or any other artist who behaves that way, just a possible explanation how this life-style can twist you, and equally important, the perception others have of you. Throw in the current state of the bigot media, and you have a great cocktail for overreaction by the people, as evidenced by this thread, imo.

For me, it boils down to this: Taylor Swift is a product, whereas Kanye West produces, and no matter how good a product Swift may be, Kanye West will always be more important to the world of music than Taylor Swift. I myself worked with countless artists who are clearly, no doubt, better singers and entertainers than Swift, but who are not that eye-candy. YOu will simply have to take my word for it.
In the long run, he gave Taylor Swift more spot-light than she could ever dream of if she just made her speech, as evidenced by this thread, and the time I already spent discussing her.

You've posted some outrageous opinions and comments on this site Casperian, but this takes the cake. That was about as classless an act by someone as I have ever seen. It isn't Taylor Swifts fault she won that award. Had someone come up when he was accepting an award and done the same thing he would have went ballistic. I am not sure which is worse. Him doing that in the heat of the moment, or you having all this time to reflect on the situation and approve of it. I don't think many people are willing to take "YOUR word for it" on much of anything after those statements. Wow...

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Kanye is the Stephon Marbury of music.  Great talent, burst onto the scene as The Next Big Thing, had some great early success, but as time went on becoming more eccentric (autotuner) and prone to public, emotional outbursts, delusions of grandeur, and a ever-growing messiah complex. 

At least Steph is efficient enough to be crazy on his couch; Kanye's gotta track people down to act a fool in front of them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:32:27 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

Botton line is,,,,The guy should of stayed in his seat and on his but and waited his turn if he got one!
In my opinion he's a punk and if you seen the the Leno interview he was obviously distraught and has a problem.
 Taylor Swift is actually a really talented musician , she writes her own music and had her first number 1 at the age of sixteen and she wrote it.
I am not a Swift fan, I would lean more towards Kanya and I would not let my personal feelings of a persons music get in the way of the reallity of what their actions are.
So what I am saying is....You are obviously a West fan and can't see beyond that and realize he is a punk!!!!
I´m not a fan of anybody except John Lennon. They´re just not good enough to bow down for them.  8) ;)

I wrote another long post about 80ies music, 90ies music, and how the Internet and probably sites like Myspace brought back an interest in artists who made their own music in the early 2000´s, after completely ignoring these guys and driving them into the indie-scene in the 80/90ies, and how the smart record labels like all the Disney/Sony/Virgin-crap tried to sell the albums of their top-stars with the "self-made" label, although they only bought the rights directly from the composer or only wrote the lyrics, but not the music of their songs. But I´ve lost it.

Anyway, not to be **** again, but I really don´t want to discuss things that are obvious, necessary or inevitable to anyone who tries to live that life with people who don´t, making this my last post on this topic.

I´d rather talk about the Celtics.
So, how´s Rondo´s Jumpshot going? Do you think he improved over the summer?  :P
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 09:36:22 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

Think about this:

You've posted some outrageous opinions and comments on this site Casperian, but this takes the cake. That was about as classless an act by someone as I have ever seen. It isn't Taylor Swifts fault she won that award. Had someone come up when he was accepting an award and done the same thing he would have went ballistic. I am not sure which is worse. Him doing that in the heat of the moment, or you having all this time to reflect on the situation and approve of it. I don't think many people are willing to take "YOUR word for it" on much of anything after those statements. Wow...

TP for your honesty, EJ.
Think what you want, I think I´ve made my point clear. These awards are already staged. It´s staged who gets what. Normally, it´s winners of casting-shows or Disney-clients. Does anybody think Kelly Clarkson deserved a Grammy for best album, allegedly the most respected pop-music award in the world? Come on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMoJ0ZjEI3s

No, I don´t care about teenage eye-candy, I prefer dirty, stupid and excessive artists.
Let´s just agree to disagree.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

I´m not a fan of anybody except John Lennon. They´re just not good enough to bow down for them.  8) ;)

I wrote another long post about 80ies music, 90ies music, and how the Internet and probably sites like Myspace brought back an interest in artists who made their own music in the early 2000´s, after completely ignoring these guys and driving them into the indie-scene in the 80/90ies, and how the smart record labels like all the Disney/Sony/Virgin-crap tried to sell the albums of their top-stars with the "self-made" label, although they only bought the rights directly from the composer or only wrote the lyrics, but not the music of their songs. But I´ve lost it.

Anyway, not to be **** again, but I really don´t want to discuss things that are obvious, necessary or inevitable to anyone who tries to live that life with people who don´t, making this my last post on this topic.

I´d rather talk about the Celtics.
So, how´s Rondo´s Jumpshot going? Do you think he improved over the summer?  :P

I think the disconnect between you and others is that you think his behavior had something to do with music.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

Think about this:

TP for your honesty, EJ.
Think what you want, I think I´ve made my point clear. These awards are already staged. It´s staged who gets what. Normally, it´s winners of casting-shows or Disney-clients. Does anybody think Kelly Clarkson deserved a Grammy for best album, allegedly the most respected pop-music award in the world? Come on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMoJ0ZjEI3s

No, I don´t care about teenage eye-candy, I prefer dirty, stupid and excessive artists.
Let´s just agree to disagree.
so question: if it's staged, then why did Kanye make such a huge deal out of it? was his outburst possibly *gasp* staged as well?

I'm an aspiring musician who comes from a very musically talented family as well, but i live in Maine, not exactly the music center of the world. Don't think you're the only poster on this blog who knows good music and bad music. I don't particularly enjoy Taylor Swift's music, but she wrote it all herself, she's extremely popular with the girls these days, and she is an exceptional talent.

Sorry you didn't get your big break in the music world, but neither did I.

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Can we at least get it out there that Kanye was right?  There no reason why Beyonce shouldn't have won that award, her music video won best video of the year, why would it have no won best female music video?  He did do it in the wrong way, but he did do a good job on Leno last night.
do it

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Yeah, he's an artist all right, casperion.  It takes deep thought to be a classless bigoted ass screaming out profanity to synthesized fake "music".

The closest thing to an artistic thing he does is when he takes a dump.

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 10:45:23 AM »

Offline belgian c fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
it is staged. all the people involved win. Swift for more exposure, beyonce has the possibility to be the good one. Kayne gets more publicitie and has a chance to prove to the world he doesn't play by the rules if he wants to make a point. What his fans idolise him for. MTV, well that's obvious.

So is it staged? we will probably never know, but when there are no losers and everybody wins, it probabaly is.

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 10:56:22 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Just saw this video, Kanye is a complete idiot.  Anybody that considers Kanye a talented artist should think otherwise.  He uses those voice synthesizers to make it sound like he can actually sing but he really just sucks.  I am not a taylor swift fan but this girl is extremely talented at such a young age.  I have lost all respect for Kanye, the man is the skid-mark of the world.