8 (9.4%)
80's
12 (14.1%)
90's
5 (5.9%)
00's
58 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll  (Read 18904 times)

Re: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqGM5fE3rw

The 2000's are by far the worst. We have some good stuff...but does Radiohead compare to the Talking Heads? I think really the only place we shine is rap and maybe some hip hop...but does John Legend compare to Marvin Gaye? Usher to Micheal Jackson? I mean come on..we are champions are producing trash.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I feel like the one person who voted for the 60's is like spurrier not putting Tebow on the ballot for All SEC
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqGM5fE3rw

The 2000's are by far the worst. We have some good stuff...but does Radiohead compare to the Talking Heads? I think really the only place we shine is rap and maybe some hip hop...but does John Legend compare to Marvin Gaye? Usher to Micheal Jackson? I mean come on..we are champions are producing trash.
I really like the Talking Heads a lot but still have to say that musically, Radiohead is already heads and tails above. For shear entertainment though, Byrne's crew can hold up against anyone. Raidohead has spun off so many immitators (Muse, Coldplay, etc.) that it's hard to deny their influence.

As for the pop and R&B music of today, I totally agree with you.  The soul is just not there in today's stuff. Heck, in terms of delivering a catchy song from the gut I'd take The Carpenters over today's crap.

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
I feel like the one person who voted for the 60's is like spurrier not putting Tebow on the ballot for All SEC
;D

That started with a gasp here in Birmingham and grew into a national boo boo by the 'Ol Ball Coach.

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 10:26:58 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I thought it was funny, I personally cant believe it was sucha big deal, so what if he isnt a consensus pick.  But thats for another thread lol
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 12:03:36 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I grew up listening to bands like the police, new order, the pixies, stone roses, and the whole "new wave" movement in the 80's to the emergence of grunge and "alternative rock" in the 90's brought about by bands like nirvana, pearl jam,radiohead and oasis. Too many good bands between those decades...depeche mode, the cure, the jam, paul weller, talking heads, echo and the bunnymen, joy division, etc etc. The worst? Definitely the 00's.

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I grew up listening to bands like the police, new order, the pixies, stone roses, and the whole "new wave" movement in the 80's to the emergence of grunge and "alternative rock" in the 90's brought about by bands like nirvana, pearl jam,radiohead and oasis. Too many good bands between those decades...depeche mode, the cure, the jam, paul weller, talking heads, echo and the bunnymen, joy division, etc etc. The worst? Definitely the 00's.

Said, ironically, by a guy named "radiohead".

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Radiohead's best albums came in the 90's imho: the bends and ok computer.

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I was gonna mention that. If I ever hear the phrase "Karma Police" I play the song for like a month as a guy reaction.

aw crap...

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
1980's.  Hated disco.  Not even Counting Crows could make up for that crap.

The current decade isn't so hot either but there is a smattering of good stuff. I like Radiohead and Tool, for example.

Aaaaahhhaaaahahahaha!  I have never laughed so hard before reading the forums.  Counting Crows is one of the worst bands I have ever heard, and you suggest them to be a sort of "savior"?  I mean, to each his own, but seriously? So funny.  Radiohead and Tool are great, but they are both 90's bands. 

I feel bad for the kids growing up these days, because music is DEAD.  Thanks greedy record execs.  Destroy an age old art form with the #$%$%^ that's out today.

You know things are bad when people are trying to suggest Coldplay as a reason to say there's still good music out there.  I would say that now is a good time to get into the industry because all of the hot models/celebs still want their leading man rockstar, and now all you have to do is write crappy music and pretend your cool.  Who's the idiot that Rosario Dawson is dating these days?  Some Canadian with an acoustic guitar and issues?  Maybe I will start a new thread titled "biggest loser to date a hot model" and I guarantee that the winner will be none other than John Mayor. Worst artist ever.

"Round Here" ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

I was gonna mention that. If I ever hear the phrase "Karma Police" I play the song for like a month as a guy reaction.

aw crap...
Might I suggest a re-listening of Kid A through In Rainbows (Pyramid Song, Knives Out, There,There and Reckoner are particularly great songs).  Radiohead has continued to evolve since The Bends and OK Computer.  Not always easy listening, but if you want that, Barbara Streisand will do.   ;)

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
1980's.  Hated disco.  Not even Counting Crows could make up for that crap.

The current decade isn't so hot either but there is a smattering of good stuff. I like Radiohead and Tool, for example.

Aaaaahhhaaaahahahaha!  I have never laughed so hard before reading the forums.  Counting Crows is one of the worst bands I have ever heard, and you suggest them to be a sort of "savior"?  I mean, to each his own, but seriously? So funny.  Radiohead and Tool are great, but they are both 90's bands. 

I feel bad for the kids growing up these days, because music is DEAD.  Thanks greedy record execs.  Destroy an age old art form with the #$%$%^ that's out today.

You know things are bad when people are trying to suggest Coldplay as a reason to say there's still good music out there.  I would say that now is a good time to get into the industry because all of the hot models/celebs still want their leading man rockstar, and now all you have to do is write crappy music and pretend your cool.  Who's the idiot that Rosario Dawson is dating these days?  Some Canadian with an acoustic guitar and issues?  Maybe I will start a new thread titled "biggest loser to date a hot model" and I guarantee that the winner will be none other than John Mayor. Worst artist ever.

"Round Here" ;)

I dunno I think the Counting Crows are pretty good.  Nothing to laugh at anyways

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I like two songs from 1965 to 1980, The Wonder of You  by Elvis and Still the One by Orleans, every other song from that era I could careless about.  That is just me.  I like plenty of doo wop songs from 1955 to 1964, and many songs from 1981-2009, but that 1965 to 1980 era I think is the worst ever, I know many people may disagree with me.

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Nice to see the 00's lead comfortably
at a whopping 69.3 %. Yes, they are bad.
 ;D

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
In Hip Hop alone, the 2000's have been horrible.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6