8 (9.4%)
80's
12 (14.1%)
90's
5 (5.9%)
00's
58 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll  (Read 18905 times)

Re: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 04:13:05 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Coming from an 18 year old, this decade has had the worst music i've ever listened to. This pop/rap techno trash is like raking nails across a chalkboard for my ears. Out of all my favorite artists I can maybe pick only 1 band from the 00's I liked and that's "disturbed"....
So do you like Rage and Lepplin from other decades? I bet I could find something you like from this decade that is way better than disturbed.

I never really got into rage or zep (I always loved stairway to heaven tho). I  was more into  metallica. Right when it hit the 90's with them it was like a cement wall, they were awful. Almost all of the rap I listen to besides eminem, is 90's. NWA, Dre, Cube, Wu, Biggy, Tupac, etc.... imo rap was the dominant one during the 90's then rock or metal. I'm a mix of everything music wise I go from hard metal all the way to rap, but not country.....
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
00's is the worst by far and I'm 20.

This is why the music industry has died. How can people actually like this type of music? Lyrics are NSFW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
1980's.  Hated disco.  Not even Counting Crows could make up for that crap.

The current decade isn't so hot either but there is a smattering of good stuff. I like Radiohead and Tool, for example.

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95

The current decade isn't so hot either but there is a smattering of good stuff. I like Radiohead and Tool, for example.

Disco was a 70's thing, no?? 

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I find it interesting that the 80s is running away with 2nd place. Michael Jackson alone should put them ahead of the 70s, then you got Maddona, and some others like the Police, U2, and Bruce Springsteen.

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
00's is the worst by far and I'm 20.

This is why the music industry has died. How can people actually like this type of music? Lyrics are NSFW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

LOL. I knew someone would break out Brokencyde. Making New Mexico proud..

To be fair, there's some contenders for "worst band ever" in every decade..

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I find it interesting that the 80s is running away with 2nd place. Michael Jackson alone should put them ahead of the 70s, then you got Maddona, and some others like the Police, U2, and Bruce Springsteen.

I saw the question as solely related to the worst music from each decade, not the overall balance of good vs. bad music.  The 80s had some great music, but the bad music was especially terrible and it was everywhere.

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I saw the question as solely related to the worst music from each decade, not the overall balance of good vs. bad music.  The 80s had some great music, but the bad music was especially terrible and it was everywhere.

Good point.  I hadn't thought of it that way.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Disco was a 70's thing, no?? 

It starteds in the 70s (beegees, saturday night fever...) but drifted into the 80s.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Offline SSFan 6.33

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29

Disco is associated with the 70's and the Counting Crows are associated with the 90's.
Still a sap for my kids -

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
I voted for this decade because it has the worst of the worst. Some of my favorite bands are from the late nineties to this decade (like DMB, Modest Mouse, Citizen Cope, State Radio), but the new pop crap that is coming out is soooo terrible that it makes this decade the worst by a mile.

Truthfully, I think music is just getting worse and worse every decade. I dont like the early 60s much, but late sixties is probably the best quality of music out there. Since then, mainstream music has just slowly lost its meaning.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
For me it's without question this decade.  The 70s with Van Morrison and other classic rock music; the 80s with stuff like Don Henley & Boston; and the 90s with rap like Wu-Tang, Jeru the Damaja and Gangstarr.  It's all incredible stuff.

This decade....wow...really bad in my opinion.  My buddy said to me the other day that "music is at an all-time low" and quite frankly, I couldn't agree more.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423

Disco is associated with the 70's and the Counting Crows are associated with the 90's.

You're right: August and Everything After was released in 1993.  I thought it was earlier.

As for disco, it came in after 1975.  1975-76 was really the tail end of the "classic rock" era with the Eagles' Hotel California and the Band's final concert in November, 1976 (filmed by Scorcese as "The Last Waltz").

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »

Offline SSFan 6.33

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29

You're right: August and Everything After was released in 1993.  I thought it was earlier.

As for disco, it came in after 1975.  1975-76 was really the tail end of the "classic rock" era with the Eagles' Hotel California and the Band's final concert in November, 1976 (filmed by Scorcese as "The Last Waltz").

I still love watching "The Last Waltz".

Hey my apologies for stating the music decade differences, I should have pm'd you.  please accept a TP as my apology.
Still a sap for my kids -

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
I have to go with the current decade's mainstream, but only because of the way the record labels have bought out each other and the radio stations. There's great music in this decade that never sees the light of day because its airplay slot gets outbid by bigger record companies. So I feel the need to distinguish. This decade's independent labels have some good stuff.