Author Topic: Best hip Hop Album(s)  (Read 28137 times)

Re: Best hip Hop Album(s)
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »

Offline nykid84

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
My top 5 personal favorite rap albums

1.Reasonable Doubt
2.Ready To Die
3.All Eyez On Me
4.The Blueprint
5.Life After Death

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
What I like:

The Blueprint...I was rollin' so hard while listening to this record with my now wife, we connected on every level and it is engrained in my soul like a soundtrack.  That said, Reasonable Doubt is a better album.
Ready to Die...just classic B.I.G, classic east coast.  Best of all time, imho.
The Chronic...the G-Funk era, Dre and Snoop over George Clinton defined an era of rap...doesn't get much better
Paul's Boutique...Beastie Boys and Dust Brothers, best party cd imho
Paid in Full...Gotta give Rakim some love, before Biggie and Jay-Z there was Rakim...this may have been the first 'funk-based' rap I heard
Slim Shady:  Maybe a cheesy pick, but even if I have to admit it, I still love it.
Fear of a Black Planet...maybe I am aging myself, still a great record to this day

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What I like:

Paid in Full...Gotta give Rakim some love, before Biggie and Jay-Z there was Rakim...this may have been the first 'funk-based' rap I heard

Wow, forgot about Rakim. Probably the most underrated rappers ever. Most forgotten, too.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 12:58:48 AM »

Offline kamakawiwaole

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 23
hip hop is done.  if you want something fresh like hip hop used to be, try dance music.  good stuff out of Brazil, UK, France, & U.S.

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2008, 01:21:13 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
hip hop is done.  if you want something fresh like hip hop used to be, try dance music.  good stuff out of Brazil, UK, France, & U.S.

LOL!   ;D ;D I gotta give you a TP cuz that was funny!

EDIT: on a completely separate note, nice to see all the love for Nas-Illmatic. I've seen it repeatedly mentioned in this thread among people's top choices. No doubt one of the top5 hip-hop albums of all-time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:28:37 AM by bucknersrevenge »
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...