Author Topic: 2013-14 Regular Season  (Read 202903 times)

Re: 2013-14 Regular Season
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 02:20:41 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
OKC is definitely better with Westbrook but I wish we could see Durant play with a pass first PG.  He could be averaging like 35 and I'm not even kidding.

I don't know--I think a big part of OKC's effectiveness comes from the fact that they can't simply zero in on KD when Westbrook is on the floor.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
OKC is definitely better with Westbrook but I wish we could see Durant play with a pass first PG.  He could be averaging like 35 and I'm not even kidding.

I don't know--I think a big part of OKC's effectiveness comes from the fact that they can't simply zero in on KD when Westbrook is on the floor.

Agreed.  I think seeing the Thunder in the playoffs without Westbrook should have taught us his value.

The Thunder need Westbrook's aggression, penetration, and scoring prowess.  He is legitimately one of the top 10 -- maybe even top 5 or 6 -- players in the league.  I don't know why people are still questioning his value at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 08:34:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407

Agreed.  I think seeing the Thunder in the playoffs without Westbrook should have taught us his value.

The Thunder need Westbrook's aggression, penetration, and scoring prowess.  He is legitimately one of the top 10 -- maybe even top 5 or 6 -- players in the league.  I don't know why people are still questioning his value at this point.

Penetration I think is the biggest thing he brings to the team. Someone who can get into the paint and force the defense to collapse on him. Get that team D scrambling (out of position).

When Westbrook isn't there, everything OKC do is in front of a set defense. Five defenders between the ball and the rim. Players always in good position to supply help D when needed. No scrambling.

Westbrook gets that team defense scrambling and everybody gets better shots because of it.

I think dribble penetration might be the most valuable offensive skill to have in the league right now. With hand checking laws being what they area and post players being what they are. Having players who can get into the paint and create for themselves and/or others is so valuable. I really hate how little dribble penetration the Celtics have. So irritatingly dependent on Rajon Rondo. Unhealthy.

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Penetration I think is the biggest thing he brings to the team. Someone who can get into the paint and force the defense to collapse on him. Get that team D scrambling (out of position).

When Westbrook isn't there, everything OKC do is in front of a set defense. Five defenders between the ball and the rim. Players always in good position to supply help D when needed. No scrambling.

Westbrook gets that team defense scrambling and everybody gets better shots because of it.

I think dribble penetration might be the most valuable offensive skill to have in the league right now. With hand checking laws being what they area and post players being what they are. Having players who can get into the paint and create for themselves and/or others is so valuable. I really hate how little dribble penetration the Celtics have. So irritatingly dependent on Rajon Rondo. Unhealthy.

Agreed completely.

To have a good offense you need dribble penetration, 3 point shooting, and big men who can rebound and finish looks inside at a high percentage.

It's not a coincidence that the Celtics are a terrible offensive team this year AND they currently have none of those things.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow, Anthony Bennett still hasn't scored in a game - 0-15 from the floor.  Wonder if any #1 pick (who was playing) has gone this far into the season without scoring.

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Agreed completely.

To have a good offense you need dribble penetration, 3 point shooting, and big men who can rebound and finish looks inside at a high percentage.

It's not a coincidence that the Celtics are a terrible offensive team this year AND they currently have none of those things.

You could arrange the team in a different way, with a pass first PG and low post threats, and maximize KD's talent's more effectively.

And Westbrook is a great player, but he will never be as good as Durant is.

While they play together, you will continue to get into situations where Durant should be taking shots but Westbrook takes them instead.

Jalen Rose has said he thinks Kevin Durant will be going to Houston when his contract in OKC is out and that is a better team to maximize his talents.  Harden is a better player for Durant to play next to than Westbrook.

That's not to say Westbrook and Durant are terrible next to eachother.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Agreed completely.

You could arrange the team in a different way, with a pass first PG and low post threats, and maximize KD's talent's more effectively.

While they play together, you will continue to get into situations where Durant should be taking shots but Westbrook takes them instead.

Jalen Rose has said he thinks Kevin Durant will be going to Houston when his contract in OKC is out and that is a better team to maximize his talents.  Harden is a better player for Durant to play next to than Westbrook.

Agree to disagree, and I'm going to stay on the PhoSita model of "we saw it in the playoffs, I want Westbrook back."

I still think letting Harden walk for assets instead of contending was a horrible decision. Stupid.

More importantly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaK0D-KVtR8

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Agreed completely.

Agree to disagree, and I'm going to stay on the PhoSita model of "we saw it in the playoffs, I want Westbrook back."

I still think letting Harden walk for assets instead of contending was a horrible decision. Stupid.

More importantly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaK0D-KVtR8

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guys, obviously the team is better with Westbrook than without.  That's way more talent on the floor.  I'd just rather have Harden than Westbrook playing with Durant.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
BUT THAT PASS.

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Carter with a seriously flagrant forearm to OKC's Steven Adam. Got tossed.

Who has been playing really well. Should be able to step into Perk's shoes nicely in a year or so.

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Carter with a seriously flagrant forearm to OKC's Steven Adam. Got tossed.

Who has been playing really well. Should be able to step into Perk's shoes nicely in a year or so.

Had a series where he blocked a shot (I forget whose), ran the floor and got an easy dunk, and on the next defensive turn made a nice steal.

Also, that forearm to the face barely seemed to register with him. Kid looks good.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

OKC are more effective with Westbrook and Durant is more efficient, but you remove Westbrook from OKC and replace him with a point guard that's more of a distributor, and I can see Durant averaging 30+. 

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 11:29:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

OKC are more effective with Westbrook and Durant is more efficient, but you remove Westbrook from OKC and replace him with a point guard that's more of a distributor, and I can see Durant averaging 30+.

Maybe, but I'm not sure they'd win more games.

Nice to see Ellis playing well on the Mavericks.

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:32 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm certain Westbrook is on every single PED.

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If Faverani is "El Hombre Indestructible", is Ellis "El Matador Pequeno"?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague