Author Topic: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?  (Read 41275 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:16 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
although as saltover explains..idk how this is feasible
Feasible. Ownership will just have to pay a zillion dollars in luxury tax.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

It's very feasible if Ainge is willing to send out the requisite salaries in trade.

A friend of mine sent me this 2 days ago.

http://www.scout.com/nba/celtics/story/1787174-celtics-best-offseason-scenario-part-iii
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
THE PAUL GEORGE TRADE IS DONE JUST WAITING ON HAYWARD

awaiting haywards commitment to Celtics:

The Boston Celtics are seeking a commitment from Gordon Hayward before they can finalize a trade for Paul George.

"The Celtics will need to maneuver their roster and unload salaries but they have contingencies in place.

If Boston can't secure a deal with Hayward, they could instead sign Blake Griffin and then trade for George."

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Called it lol

I kept saying it's not as unrealistic as people are saying. It's certainly doable, and everything out of Boston seems to suggest that this has been their route and aims all along.

What better way to compete with the Warriors than to have a two-way, swing-heavy lineup that can legitimately matchup well with them? Assuming something like Jae, AB, and the Lakers pick for George, which is probably what it would cost and something Danny would agree to with Hayward already on the team, a lineup of IT, Brown, Hayward, George, and Horford being backed up by something like Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Zizic, etc. has a legitimate shot of dethroning the Warriors, all while not sacrificing our future to get there.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

It's very feasible if Ainge is willing to send out the requisite salaries in trade.

sorry i meant more the luxury tax implications once both are in the fold than the ability to trade for PG

Wyc would have to be down with picking up the largest luxury tax bill ever for a team that wouldn't even be the favorite to win it all...oof.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Oh, it's feasible to sign Hayward and the trade for George, which is what Woj is reporting.  It's not reasonably feasible to sign Hayward and trade for George while extending him.

I do question the finances of affording a max contract for George next year having maxed Hayward this year, especially if keeping IT to a presumably max deal.  And until such a trade happens, I will continue to question it.  But if ownership is willing to go all in, I'm all for it.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

sorry i meant more the luxury tax implications once both are in the fold than the ability to trade for PG

Saltlover has no better idea what Wyc and co. are willing to pay in luxury tax than you or I, or anyone else.  He/she is just speculating the ownership won't.

It's my opinion for the right team Wyc would be willing to pay the tax for a while.  The smart owners realize that the real money isn't made in year-over-year profits but in franchise valuation.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
https://mobile.twitter.com/adammkaufman/status/879743771537276929

Smart most likely candidate to stay. Crowder and bradley most likely to be moved

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Called it lol

I kept saying it's not as unrealistic as people are saying. It's certainly doable, and everything out of Boston seems to suggest that this has been their route and aims all along.

What better way to compete with the Warriors than to have a two-way, swing-heavy lineup that can legitimately matchup well with them? Assuming something like Jae, AB, and the Lakers pick for George, which is probably what it would cost and something Danny would agree to with Hayward already on the team, a lineup of IT, Brown, Hayward, George, and Horford being backed up by something like Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Zizic, etc. has a legitimate shot of dethroning the Warriors, all while not sacrificing our future to get there.
if we can get an extended PG for 2 starters we're upgrading from and the laker/Sac pick, I could definitely live with that.  we'd still have our young core and the Brooklyn pick (and many others) to continue stocking the farm. 

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Can I take my bow now?

Told you so

;D

Hayward and George BABY!!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Is there any benefit to (assuming Hayward gets signed) trading for George for one year and then having him leave as a free agent?  Is there any cap benefit that might help in 18-19 and beyond?

Having trouble figuring out why they'd do this without being assured he'll sign an extension.

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Is there any benefit to (assuming Hayward gets signed) trading for George for one year and then having him leave as a free agent?  Is there any cap benefit that might help in 18-19 and beyond?

Having trouble figuring out why they'd do this without being assured he'll sign an extension.
because ainge is panicking

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Can I take my bow now?

Told you so

;D

Hayward and George BABY!!!!

take your bow..you deserve it....TP

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

is there anything clearly stating one way or the other if there's an agreement to extend or not?  no extension agreement should lessen the quality of the pick going out to Indy.  still ok with moving AB and Crowder in the deal if we're getting Hayward first

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No benefit whatsoever.

Ainge would be betting that by offering George a title-contending team, as well as the increased money/years with Bird rights, that George would resign.