Author Topic: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread  (Read 13367 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 05:53:09 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Bos gives- Hayward and Smart plus picks
Minny gives Towns and Wiggins
Not a rumor yet
If I wasn't so down on Wiggins, I'd do that.  to me, Wiggins would be like having another Kyrie in the locker room -  someone who isn't interested in a team game

Hayward + Smart and picks for Towns? Even if you don't like Wiggins, that's a no-brainer... Even if KAT doesn't mesh, you can always package him for assets.
Gutting our team for a malcontent who won't play defense is hardly a no-brainer.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not a rumor yet
If I wasn't so down on Wiggins, I'd do that.  to me, Wiggins would be like having another Kyrie in the locker room -  someone who isn't interested in a team game

Hayward + Smart and picks for Towns? Even if you don't like Wiggins, that's a no-brainer... Even if KAT doesn't mesh, you can always package him for assets.
Gutting our team for a malcontent who won't play defense is hardly a no-brainer.

Gutting two players for a center 27/11/4 on 50/41/80 at the age of 24?

Ummm... I guarantee you 100% if Scott Layden even offered that to Ainge, he'd do it without a moment's hesitation. KAT can improve on defense, we've seen it many times with Stevens... I think those whole, he-doesn't-play-defense is such a tired argument considering the roster lay out + the system that KAT is in... '

Is there even anyone competent or considered a great defender on that team that's actually above average besides RoCo? You wouldn't take a risk on a center with those numbers?

Like, I'm the biggest Smart supporter despite my numerous cries for his trigger happy shots, but I'd dump Smart if I could get KAT here, and put him alongside Brown/Tatum as my big 3... That 3 could potentially dominate for years to come..

EDIT: Actually two players, one former All-Star wing and First Team All-Defense combo guard for All-NBA Center that is averaging over 40% on 8 3PA? Yeah okay buddy lol, that's a no-brainer...

DOUBLE EDIT: Taking a look at the Wolves roster... Who on that team would actually even start for the Celtics, or even see 15+ minutes on our team other than KAT, Josh Okogie, RoCo?

Napier is their starting PG... That should tell you enough about the team.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:07:13 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Not a rumor yet

Gutting two players for a center 27/11/4 on 50/41/80 at the age of 24?

Ummm... I guarantee you 100% if Scott Layden even offered that to Ainge, he'd do it without a moment's hesitation. KAT can improve on defense, we've seen it many times with Stevens... I think those whole, he-doesn't-play-defense is such a tired argument considering the roster lay out + the system that KAT is in... '

Is there even anyone competent or considered a great defender on that team that's actually above average besides RoCo? You wouldn't take a risk on a center with those numbers?

Like, I'm the biggest Smart supporter despite my numerous cries for his trigger happy shots, but I'd dump Smart if I could get KAT here, and put him alongside Brown/Tatum as my big 3... That 3 could potentially dominate for years to come..

EDIT: Actually two players, one former All-Star wing and First Team All-Defense combo guard for All-NBA Center that is averaging over 40% on 8 3PA? Yeah okay buddy lol, that's a no-brainer...

DOUBLE EDIT: Taking a look at the Wolves roster... Who on that team would actually even start for the Celtics, or even see 15+ minutes on our team other than KAT, Josh Okogie, RoCo?

Napier is their starting PG... That should tell you enough about the team.

lol Ainge would never do that trade. He's never trading Marcus Smart.

Minnesota has lost 15 straight games that KAT starts. They've at least won 5 of the last 15 when he didn't. They've been worse with him on the floor than not.

Ainge isn't trading his favorite guard and an all star wing for a malcontent big man who makes his team worse. You can fantasize about it and plug all sorts of things into the trade machine, ain't gonna happen.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
This would be a great trade if Minny decides to rebuild with some salary relief

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I’d do Theis, Langford, Edwards,Kanter, Robert Williams and all our 1sts in a deal to get Myles Turner if we could afford to keep our big 4, Turner and smart and even if it took just the mid level and minimum deals I’d probably risk riding with that bunch. That’s a very talented crew that I think blends well. Indy probably wouldn’t though. But that’s my selfish one off the top of my head.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
 It’s hard for me to get a good take on what it would take to attain Tristan Thompson but if a 1st round pick is an overpay for a rental of him I’m good with that. I’m not sure how that works moneywise.... you guys probably have an idea.
  But if we had the ability to insert Thompson in and keep Theis with our best 5 guys and then use whatever assets to get Bogdanovich I’d be great with that. If they are overpays and we can’t even retain Bogdanovich I’d still be in on that . Throw a couple 2nds or something better if we still have it for a good sized wing like Alec Burks maybe as people have mentioned. I wouldn’t mind if all this was possible even knowing the top teams will also improve.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I’d do Theis, Langford, Edwards,Kanter, Robert Williams and all our 1sts in a deal to get Myles Turner

I don't see Ainge trading both Theis Kanter and Williams because who else is going to play center for us?   This is not a good idea.

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I’d do Theis, Langford, Edwards,Kanter, Robert Williams and all our 1sts in a deal to get Myles Turner

I don't see Ainge trading both Theis Kanter and Williams because who else is going to play center for us?   This is not a good idea.
Judging by his posts, it appears dannyboy doesn't understand the CBA, trading rules, etc. So he is probably just throwing names out there to show just how much he likes Turner.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

It’s not very realistic. But I’d  part with anybody out of our top 5 to add Turner. I figure we fill in best we can with buyouts. But again, I have no idea if we can afford all that going forward. I’m not good with the financial stuff. I know though. Maybe not a popular idea.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

It’s not very realistic. But I’d  part with anybody out of our top 5 to add Turner. I figure we fill in best we can with buyouts. But again, I have no idea if we can afford all that going forward. I’m not good with the financial stuff. I know though. Maybe not a popular idea.

It's not realistic at all. No back up center?

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 09:16:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Poirier + Bucks 1st for Dario Saric.

Then sign a depth big from the buyout market that emerges. Hope Timelord returns as well in the 2nd half.

I'd love guys like Bjelica/Bertans, but I question if Danny would want to essentially dump our bench and/or trade a promising young player like Langford this soon just for salary-matching purposes.

Technically though, something like Green + Edwards + Poirier + pick(s) works for Bjelica/Bertans if you want to go that route.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

It's not realistic at all. No back up center?
  Well the trade wouldn’t likely end up all 3 anyways but if it had to then I’d look on the buyout scrap heap. Basically I really would believe in the championship aspirations of a Hayward/Tatum/ Turner/Kemba/Brown/Smart/ mid level player/ ring chaser etc. for a few more years. It’s how much I’d believe in that crew and the fit.

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Theis, Langford, and Edwards for JJ Reddick.

Though, I love me some Theis.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 09:37:20 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152

Or langford, edwards, wannamaker, and poirer + a 1st works as well. Super difficult to make 4-1 trades though so probably 0 chance.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

why would we give up our starting C to get JJ Redick for our bench? that puts us in a worse hole in the already tight C position.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)