Author Topic: Possible Way to Get KAT Without Upsetting Hayward/Stevens  (Read 3597 times)

Re: Possible Way to Get KAT Without Upsetting Hayward/Stevens
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
KAT has to be intrigued by what the move to the Celtics did for Kemba. He also must want to top the big men who are regarded more highly than him, all of whom are top Celtics rivals right now: Giannis, Embiiid and, of course, the Lakers’ AD.

If KAT demanded to be traded to the Celtics, maybe we somehow fleece the T-wolves? Can KG call KAT to get the ball rolling? LOL

I firmly believe KAT can improve his defensive abilities with the right coaching. He’s the dominant big man that, paired with Tatum and Kemba, makes us top championship contenders for years.
Considering how long his contract is, KAT has no leverage to force a trade to anywhere in particular. He’d simply go to the highest bidder, which would probably not be us

Come the off-season, could we possibly become the highest bidder by offering Jaylen and his long contract as part of the deal? I would almost prefer sticking with Jaylen and Tatum, but not if we need a big to truly win a championship. Then again, the Warriors dominated without a true big, so maybe I need to be more open-minded (I was one of the idiots advocating for changing Brown for peanuts last summer, so I can be very wrong at times).
At least you can admit when you’ve been wrong - more than a few around here ;D (me sometimes included)

I think I’d rather stick with the two wings. Two way players who are legit All-Star caliber guys are hard to find, and we have two! I think the additional cost required to get KAT would make it too much.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
We don't need Kat. Best move would be small ones. Maybe a defensive big off of wavers. And trade pics and rooks for bench scoring. Bench help could go a long way if this team is healthy.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 06:37:43 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
We don't need Kat. Best move would be small ones. Maybe a defensive big off of wavers. And trade pics and rooks for bench scoring. Bench help could go a long way if this team is healthy.

I agree. A confident Hayward, a healthy team and an improved bench (defensive center for depth, shooter on the wing) and we're ready to go. Which would mean being one of the main threats to the Bucks for a place in the NBA Finals, and if they'd get there they could win it too.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
I don’t understand how a dude as talented as KAT loses the last 15 games he has played in.  It’s not like that MIN team lacks talent.  They should be a playoff team but they just aren’t.  How much of that blame rests with Towns?

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
KAT is not available and Minny has time and again doused any fire that has something to do with trading KAT.

Give it up as even if he asks for a trade.. The Wolves will not look at us specially if it does not involve any of the Js.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I don’t understand how a dude as talented as KAT loses the last 15 games he has played in.  It’s not like that MIN team lacks talent.  They should be a playoff team but they just aren’t.  How much of that blame rests with Towns?

That team absolutely lacks talent. They don’t have one above average starter other than KAT. The losses are still concerning, but I think people are missing how bad a Wiggins/ Napier/ Covington/ Layman/ Okogie/ Culver/ Dieng rotation is. Blech.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

As boring as this idea is, unfortunately, it is what is 99.9% likely.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 09:00:44 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
At this point I favor continuity.  A big off of waivers if for nothing else other than injury insurance...

Next year Theis and Kanter back, plus a big in the draft--Stewart or Okongwu.

Okongwu turns into a faster more athletic Harrell?
Stewart turns into a slower but bigger Harrell?

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 09:18:40 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
At this point I favor continuity.  A big off of waivers if for nothing else other than injury insurance...

Next year Theis and Kanter back, plus a big in the draft--Stewart or Okongwu.

Okongwu turns into a faster more athletic Harrell?
Stewart turns into a slower but bigger Harrell?

Agreed on continuity. It’s a shame Rob Williams is losing this season to injury. Hoping he can get healthy and be ready to play next year.