Poll

Given what each would cost, and their respective ages/contracts, who would you want?

Andre Drummond
8 (8.3%)
Myles Turner
20 (20.8%)
Clint Capela
4 (4.2%)
Marc Gasol
4 (4.2%)
Hassan Whiteside
1 (1%)
Jusuf Nurkic
6 (6.3%)
Cody Zeller
4 (4.2%)
Derrick Favors
6 (6.3%)
Steven Adams
11 (11.5%)
A Young Guy
0 (0%)
Dwayne Dedmon
5 (5.2%)
Ehhh, none  are worth what it would cost
27 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Big Man Options  (Read 70940 times)

Re: What you guys think Tristan Thompson in Green?
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2019, 04:13:17 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Tristan Thompson doesn't move the needle.  Unless there's someone on the market worth trading the Memphis pick for, we need to stand pat and let the young guys develop.

Thank You, Yes.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I'm gonna disagree with the consensus and say if we could get him, he's a perfect fit. Jaylen is out of position on D trying to guard athletic bigs. Siakam and Randle both showed glimpses of being problems for anyone on our current roster.

Tristan has a motor, can play decent D and offer a different match up, and will grab boards. He's also a vet whose been on championship squads.

I think RWill would learn a lot watching how he moves his feet and positions, and Tristan could be a PF or C depending on the match up. I don't think we could get him.

If we could, the issues I see would be figuring out of Gordon or Tatum becomes the 6th man. Ideally, RWill can turn into a Tristan Thompson type player, but that will take some time.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
For the minimum if he is waived?  Sure.

This. Not willing to give anyone else up.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Let's what shakes out leading up to the trade deadline. Would personally rather have Steven Adams, if he becomes available.
Maybe even Drummond, if Detroit is out of the race by the trade deadline and they would rather deal Drummond rather than risk losing him for nothing.

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2019, 02:43:59 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Let's what shakes out leading up to the trade deadline. Would personally rather have Steven Adams, if he becomes available.
Maybe even Drummond, if Detroit is out of the race by the trade deadline and they would rather deal Drummond rather than risk losing him for nothing.

If we can get Drummond, that’d be crazy!

But won’t salaries make it tough? I guess that means Hayward would need to be included in the deal?

If so, I’m not saying no. Hayward is a terrific player but I maintain that we have a pretty gaping hole in the middle (which the return of Kanter will not save). Drummond answers that pretty sweetly.

Kemba/Smart/Jaylen/Jayson/Drummond —> that’s a more balanced lineup on both ends of the floor.
- LilRip

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2019, 02:52:43 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Just wait til the Knicks start losing, and try to get Mitch Rob, and offer Theis, Poirier, Semi and 1 first rounder,

Mitch Rob is a more natural Center, I really wanted celtics to draft him last year, but they preferred Williams, and I sort of expecting them to make an early 2nd round trade then to get him.

They arent giving up Mitchell, hes parto f their long term plans.

He is immature and has no bball IQ -- I would rather have the Timelord.

Ad I'm sure knicks fans would tell you they'd rather have Mitchel. Mitchell is bigger, timelord a better passer.

I don't disagree but Mitchell sure seemed like a risky head case last night,  either he belongs on the Knicks or the Knicks are a poor influence.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2019, 01:07:56 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Just wait til the Knicks start losing, and try to get Mitch Rob, and offer Theis, Poirier, Semi and 1 first rounder,

Mitch Rob is a more natural Center, I really wanted celtics to draft him last year, but they preferred Williams, and I sort of expecting them to make an early 2nd round trade then to get him.

He is immature and has no bball IQ -- I would rather have the Timelord.

Ad I'm sure knicks fans would tell you they'd rather have Mitchel. Mitchell is bigger, timelord a better passer.

I don't disagree but Mitchell sure seemed like a risky head case last night,  either he belongs on the Knicks or the Knicks are a poor influence.

Sure seemed like a bunch of Knicks were losing their cool. Probably a culture thing. Call me crazy but I don’t think Mook is the best influence for such a young impressionable team. On a vet squad or (with some vets like Horford), I think he does a good job at instilling some extra toughness tho.
- LilRip

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I like him but not at the expense of losing Hayward or 1 of the top 7 or so players.  I'd like to give what we have a shot before changing.  I like what we have at C so far.  Ask me at the trade deadline.

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

The Knick big to target, if we wanted one, is Taj Gibson.  But while he's a solid vet he's not gonna move the needle much either and is getting $20 million  total over this year and next.

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2019, 02:34:43 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Pass.

As other's have pointed out, TT is not a needle mover and not really worth disrupting the roster for.

Maybe if he's a post-deadline cut and can be picked up for the minimum.

Otherwise, no thanks.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2019, 02:40:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I am a bit more curious if the Cavs will trade Love. I think they may win more games than they want if they are playing Love and Thompson together against some of the other bad teams in the east. Love is ten years younger than their franchise players (if we want to call Garland and Sexton that)

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sure, i'd be fine with him in a Bucks jersey

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Sure, i'd be fine with him in a Bucks jersey

aren't they mostly black now?  or was that just one of those alternate jerseys?
Yup

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
We need a big man, but TT can't guard the people we need guarded. He might do a decent job on a true center like Embiid, but he does nothing for us in trying to cover Greek Freak or Siakham. Jaylen is the best matchup we have for those guys, and it's doubtful we can trade for a better option. Brad isn't going to play many 2 big lineups, maybe when Grant Williams is out there, so I think any trade for a big is farfetched, obviously, except if incredible value becomes available. 

The guy we're searching for probably isn't feasibly obtainable. IMO, the move I'd want the Celts to make would be to re-acquire Baynes once the Suns' season falls apart.

Re: Big Man Options
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:22 AM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Why not simply develop our own, now that Kanter and Theis is injured, I think this is the better time to give VP playing time to develop his confidence and show what he can do, also the season is still one week old, some teams with new acquisitions are still adjusting.