Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 141812 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: CONFERNCE SEMI FINAL RESULTS & Finals Matchups
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thanks to PJ for a good series. For the record, I really really really liked his Knicks team and had them as the best East team in the regular season. Rubio with weapons like Martin, Green, Z.Bo and Lopez would be so fun to watch.

Appreciate it. Good luck in the further rounds.

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
not sure if i will be on later, so i voted a little early...

the winners that i voted for are CLE and Minny

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »

fitzhickey

I voted okc and cavs

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Same.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Same.
I didn't receive a vote from you Roy

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Same.
I didn't receive a vote from you Roy

Huh...  Must not have sent.  Well, there's my ballot out in the open, but I'm send you one formally.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: 2013 CB Draft: CONFERNCE FINALS RESULTS & FINAL Matchups
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

CONFERENCE FINALS RESULTS IN FIRST PAGE OP

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »

fitzhickey

wow thunder got walloped a bit
very surprised at this
I voted for OKC
Cavs wasn't surprising IMO

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2013, 09:03:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
nick thinks that teams that don't participate have an advantage.  I disagree, and think that sitting a series out is generally going to be suicide (although Champ is proving to be the exception).

Thoughts?
Its a big advantage, as long as you get one or two high discussion posters on your side.

You don't have to set lineups or tactics, you can let posters like myself, Roy, Who do that for you. You can be more things to more posters.

So yeah I think its a very large advantage.

« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
nick thinks that teams that don't participate have an advantage.  I disagree, and think that sitting a series out is generally going to be suicide (although Champ is proving to be the exception).

Thoughts?
Its a big advantage, as long as you get one or two high discussion posters on your side.

You don't have to set lineups or tactics, you can let posters like myself, Roy, Who do that for you. You can be more things to more posters.

I still wonder if I might have won if Roy hadnt argued my team couldnt defend Fab Melo and 4 chairs. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Thoughts?

I still wonder if I might have won if Roy hadnt argued my team couldnt defend Fab Melo and 4 chairs.
Yup.

Or if your opponent had been forced to talk about how he'd have dealt with Deron Williams. He had Jameer (small weak and increasingly slow) and Lin (bigger but even slower and poor defensive instincts).

The way that series was setup I'd have been shocked if Wade wasn't forced to guard Williams, which would have been challenging for him (and Williams).

« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Thoughts?

I would have made the same argument whether Champ had showed up or not. Also, my much more vigorous arguments didn't do Dallas any favors.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:41:51 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Congrats to Champ on a great run and a hard-fought series.

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Thoughts?

I would have made the same argument whether Champ had showed up or not. Also, my much more vigorous arguments didn't do Dallas any favors.
I agree with Faf, as you know from my PMs on the subject, Roy. I think it could be a huge advantage. Bringing up Champ is maybe a bad example because I knew ahead of time that his business(college football) was starting up so he had great reason and told us ahead of time. But I think it brings up a good point that participation throughout the playoff debates should be addressed by those that make the rules to possibly stop someone who isn't a good debater or thinks they are better off not answering questions on their team during this crucial part of the game and decides not to participate.

I also think it a fairness of competition issue for those that want to debate their opponent. Some of the best basketball related debate on this site has occurred in these playoff threads. You vs IP last year, me vs IP, Rondo and I vs IP, Kane vs IP two years ago, and the earlier TWW vs Lucky debate, TWW, SO, Lucky, IP, and you always have great debate with however you face. I think trying to get participation between the GMs to be good for the game and if outside people like the debate, it helps to promote the game when the competing GMs stick to "within the rules" debates and banter.

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So, next year I think we institute an auction for Lebron.  I've read too many arguments this year that are basically "Lebron.  LEBRON.  L-E-B-R-O-N", and I'm not sure that it's fair to guarantee a championship to a team for no reason other than luck of the draw.

An auction system, where teams bid draft picks and the Commish selects the best offer, might be the way to go.  It might at least make for a more interesting draft.