Kevin Love
0 (0%)
Dirk Nowitzki
0 (0%)
Other
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 15, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft MVP Poll  (Read 84938 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft MVP Poll
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I mean, it's got to be Lebron.

Look at the Finals.  MP has posted, what, twice in the Finals thread?  And yet his team is on the verge of victory.

That's not due to any brilliant arguments by MP, or because of the weak supporting cast.  The only argument I've heard in favor of Minnesota has been "Lebron".

I think Lucky17 summed it up well, at least this year.  Lebron = win button + auto-pilot
Well you kind of knew that might happen Roy. After all, weren't you the one that gave MP the advice after he got the #1 pick to pick Lebron, don't do anything stupid and cruise into the Finals and probably the Championship?  ;) :D

Well, if you remember, I also said "draft a second star".

Monta Ellis wasn't who I had in mind.
Just checked and with his trade he made to move up in the 2nd he could have taken Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, Mike Conley, Andre Iguodala, deMarcus Cousins or Paul Millsap instead of Serge Ibaka. Not sure how that would have changed things overall but I think having either Smith, gasol or Iggy beside Lebron would ultimately have been a better move and made things easier for MP in the long run. Especially if he got Gasol.

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 10:13:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Eh, Gasol comes with his own set of 'Honestly I don't think...

I think Gasol can do better than last year, you think so, but that's not the majority opinion.

But Boogie Cousins...if Lebron can't get Boogie Cousins to...

Aw man, now Im doing it!

I will say this as a guy who has traded up back and around, looking back on the draft and having someone else tell you who you could've drafted during the finals succcckkksss. Defending your team is pretty stressful when you have a shot to win it, defending who you could've drafted instead is just kind of brutal.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I think Gasol can do better than last year, you think so, but that's not the majority opinion.

Aw man, now Im doing it!

I will say this as a guy who has traded up back and around, looking back on the draft and having someone else tell you who you could've drafted during the finals succcckkksss. Defending your team is pretty stressful when you have a shot to win it, defending who you could've drafted instead is just kind of brutal.
Actually this is the MVP thread not the Finals thread and no one is asking MP to defend anything. It a hypothetical. Roy brought up Ellis and needing a star to guarantee a title for MVP Lebron and I was just looking at what he might have got with his 2nd pick instead of Ibaka.

Also, keeping it real, let's be honest, MP hasn't exactly been defending his team in the Finals, so I am not sure how stressed he has been or even if he has gazed into this thread to become brutally stressed over who he could have taken with only 100 minutes left to the deadline.

Being a little melodramatic with that one, aren't you?

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Nope, just speaking from experience. Melodramatic would've been calling for people to not do it, as it's not really pertinent to who the MVP is and it seems like beating a pretty dead horse at this point.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Aw man, now Im doing it!

Actually this is the MVP thread not the Finals thread and no one is asking MP to defend anything. It a hypothetical. Roy brought up Ellis and needing a star to guarantee a title for MVP Lebron and I was just looking at what he might have got with his 2nd pick instead of Ibaka.

Also, keeping it real, let's be honest, MP hasn't exactly been defending his team in the Finals, so I am not sure how stressed he has been or even if he has gazed into this thread to become brutally stressed over who he could have taken with only 100 minutes left to the deadline.

Melodramatic to some, but I understand what IP means.  He's just being self-reflective, I think.

IP (and a lot of other GMs) pours a lot of himself into this game.  Between draft boards, trade discussions, and playoff arguments, I'm sure he spends dozens of hours on this thing each year.  Adding on the stress of "how could I have done better" just makes things worse, I imagine.

But you're right...  MP isn't sweating it a bit, I think.  Folks are just wound in different ways, and take the game seriously to varying degrees.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Aw man, now Im doing it!

Melodramatic to some, but I understand what IP means.  He's just being self-reflective, I think.

IP (and a lot of other GMs) pours a lot of himself into this game.  Between draft boards, trade discussions, and playoff arguments, I'm sure he spends dozens of hours on this thing each year.  Adding on the stress of "how could I have done better" just makes things worse, I imagine.

But you're right...  MP isn't sweating it a bit, I think.  Folks are just wound in different ways, and take the game seriously to varying degrees.
Well to each his own. This isn't the Finals thread so I don't see where stress would be caused in the other thread over a hypothetical look back in this thread. especially given the time constraints left in the game.

Whatever.

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
As I posted in the other thread, I didn't like Indiana's draft board after securing Durant-Williams and no one was really jumping to give up their first rounder for the 50th and 75th overall picks. That was why I avoided the second star and went for depth and versatility. Monta is not a star - I never claimed him to be one - he was just additional scoring punch for my team. If he was a star, he wouldn't have been there in the fifth round for me to take. Ibaka was the choice for me in the second because he was an elite rim protector (at the time, elite big man pairings were being formed on multiple rosters) with a nice mid range game which I thought would pair with Lebron's passing skills and dribble drive game well. Not to mention that he was young, athletic, and healthy.

I resent the fact that people feel Lebron is equal to an auto-title. I know I didn't get to post enough during the finals, but real life trumps in every now and again and my fantasy basketball team has to wait. For the most part, people here knew what my team was about, what my philosophies/principles were, and could assemble their own opinions from the matchup. And to be honest - for better or for worse - I'm fine with it. I don't want to be on here making 100 posts describing when I plan on countering hedge screens or the hypothetical decisions my fake players will make to counter the other fake team's players. To an extent, I was hoping for a "here is team A, here is team B, who wins if they play?" save for a few comments from each GM. Everyone looks at individual players differently and that is what will change the votes - not me petitioning or lobbying for them.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards