24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 146759 times)

Re: Looks like Rozier was on to Kyrie
« Reply #1470 on: June 15, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
careful,  here come the kyrie nuthuggers wearing his jersey..
Yep, nice. Really showing us, huh?
Back into my cave I go after being shown up so hard
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1471 on: June 18, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

Offline Big Huevos 04

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
whats up Celtics fans. im a mavericks fan above all but the Celtics have always been my 2nd favorite team. lmk what you think about this free agency plan for the celts
1)let kyrie walk
2)resign horford to a cheaper contract
3)sign either rondo or rozier. Rondo due to how well he can get players easy looks and I believe he would be perfect to start next to brown tatum and horford. OR rozier who has shown he can play above average on the playoff stage.
4) sign the morris twins. I also think they would take a cheaper contract to play with each other and play for championships in Boston for a couple of years
5)sign hassan whiteside
6)Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. bro even bring back IT to play off the bench. He wants to play for Boston.
Celtics 2019 squad
Starters: Rondo,Brown,Tatum,Horford,Whiteside
Bench: IT,Smart,Morris twins,hayward,Theis, Baynes, The Timelord,wanamaker,yabusele, and whoever they draft.
Hoping they package those three picks they have to move up the draft as many spots as possible. I wanted to see AD and kyrie play together and compete for a championship as much as anybody. But it turned out kyrie wasn't the PG of the future for the rest of the team. That's what the Brightside of this whole situation was for the Celtics. If kyrie walks and they don't get AD then they still have tatum brown and the draft picks to build off of. Go Celtics

« Reply #1472 on: June 18, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
whats up Celtics fans. im a mavericks fan above all but the Celtics have always been my 2nd favorite team. lmk what you think about this free agency plan for the celts
1)let kyrie walk
2)resign horford to a cheaper contract
3)sign either rondo or rozier. Rondo due to how well he can get players easy looks and I believe he would be perfect to start next to brown tatum and horford. OR rozier who has shown he can play above average on the playoff stage.
4) sign the morris twins. I also think they would take a cheaper contract to play with each other and play for championships in Boston for a couple of years
5)sign hassan whiteside
6)**** bro even bring back IT to play off the bench. He wants to play for Boston.
Celtics 2019 squad
Starters: Rondo,Brown,Tatum,Horford,Whiteside
Bench: IT,Smart,Morris twins,hayward,Theis, Baynes, The Timelord,wanamaker,yabusele, and whoever they draft.
Hoping they package those three picks they have to move up the draft as many spots as possible. I wanted to see AD and kyrie play together and compete for a championship as much as anybody. But it turned out kyrie wasn't the PG of the future for the rest of the team. That's what the Brightside of this whole situation was for the Celtics. If kyrie walks and they don't get AD then they still have tatum brown and the draft picks to build off of. Go Celtics

Al's gone

« Reply #1473 on: June 18, 2019, 07:47:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently, they've known Kyrie is gone for a while.

Shams Charania
Verified account
@ShamsCharania

Irving has been communicative and forthright with top Celtics officials since the season ended, with private and public signals that he will leave the organization in free agency — likely for the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1474 on: June 18, 2019, 07:49:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Shams Charania
Verified account
@ShamsCharania

Irving has been communicative and forthright with top Celtics officials since the season ended, with private and public signals that he will leave the organization in free agency — likely for the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

How does that jive with the previously reported Kyrie ghosting the celtics and not in communication for weeks?  Someone is lying.

« Reply #1475 on: June 18, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Shams Charania
Verified account
@ShamsCharania

Whelp, at least I saved money not getting a pair of Kyrie 5's and an Irving jersey. Can never predict whether a player will be here in the long-run.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1476 on: June 18, 2019, 08:05:44 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Kyrie is real jerk, but Danny clearly didn't cater to him. I get it.

In a players league, you pander to the stars. Danny doesn't get that. We need to move away from the 80s thought process and get a young shrewd GM.

« Reply #1477 on: June 18, 2019, 08:11:00 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
I wanted Kyrie back for value (i.e. trade purposes) but it's actually a relief knowing that he's probably leaving.  No point having someone who doesn't want to be here.  Doesn't deserve to represent the Celtics with his selfish attitude and distorted ego.

« Reply #1478 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Shams Charania
Verified account
@ShamsCharania

How does that jive with the previously reported Kyrie ghosting the celtics and not in communication for weeks?  Someone is lying.

Must be Kyrie's camp defending him.

Though if this Shams report is true, then it makes more sense that Danny didn't offer up Tatum for AD.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1479 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Kyrie is real jerk, but Danny clearly didn't cater to him. I get it.

In a players league, you pander to the stars. Danny doesn't get that. We need to move away from the 80s thought process and get a young shrewd GM.

Sounds like Kyrie wanted the Lebron treatment were he gets to dictate how the team plays and who comes in and who goes out.

DA played with him a little bit, but we shouldn't be criticizing DA for not letting Kryie do to the Celtics what we hate what Lebron does with the players and teams he plays for. Saw a stat that since 2010 a Lebron team has been involved with 41 players trade in or out.

You add what DA does and it would be 150 in a 9 years span.

Kyrie Irving Was Poison
« Reply #1480 on: June 18, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »

Offline wreckoner

• NCE
  • Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 11
I understand people are p---ed, but Danny put extra cards in his deck and then played his hand pretty well, IMO. Even without AD, he assembled a multiple All-Star perfect glue-guy big, a near superstar point guard entering his prime, and an All-star wing just hitting his stride, all to add at just the right time capwise to the core of young high draft picks he fleeced from the Nets.

You can't predict injuries, and they can scuttle best-laid plans; just ask the Warriors. But my opinion of what we are witnessing today is that it is the aftermath of Kyrie Irving poisoning the locker room. He learned it from LeBron. I just hope the young guys still here are not ruined for good. This is why Rozier needs to stay gone, rather than "resurrecting" his attitude.

One more thing: even though it is a disastrous turn of events to lose two All-stars for nothing, and even though I loved Al as a player and leader of the team, I hope we get younger and more athletic in the frontcourt. I know it goes beyond numbers, but 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds is replaceable, even if the intangibles are not.

Re: Kyrie Irving Was Poison
« Reply #1481 on: June 18, 2019, 08:43:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He really was.

And honestly I think him leaving the way he has is going to put a stink on the Celts for a few years.

They're going to need to be bad and young and scrappy and hard working for a few years.  They need to rebuild their image as a team that guys want to play hard for.  Brad needs  to rehab his image as a top tier coach, not the captain of a ship full of dysfunction and guys who blame each other.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1482 on: June 18, 2019, 08:45:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Seems that way, though I think there is a lot of blame to go around.

« Reply #1483 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Seems that way, though I think there is a lot of blame to go around.

I think one lesson learned here is that in pursuit of the best talent available you have to be careful not to put too many iso-happy, quirky / weird, irrationally-confident type personalities together.

Rozier, Morris, Kyrie, even Smart and Tatum to some degree ... I think it was just too much in one place.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1484 on: June 18, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
So with Kyrie leaving, why is the team imploding? If Kyrie was the sole bad egg, shouldn't guys be presumably happy to come back?

The only poison here is Gordon's leg. That killed our title hopes last season and his return killed our title hopes this season.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman