Author Topic: Heh Brad, play Baynes more  (Read 3043 times)

Heh Brad, play Baynes more
« on: April 22, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Monroe is not getting it done.

Re: Heh Brad, play Baynes more
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
At times like this, I miss Daniel Theis.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I thought Baynes played great d a number of times on greek freak.  I like it that he had a bit of a dust up with Maker.  We need to push back against the bucks with some physical d.  I think Baynes did that better in the 2nd half.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

I was going to say that too.  I don't think we realize how much we miss his length on the 2nd unit.  He can block shots, is a big guy who can hit a 3, but also run the court and challenge guys in the paint on D.  Probably another good guy to run at Greek.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

I was going to say that too.  I don't think we realize how much we miss his length on the 2nd unit.  He can block shots, is a big guy who can hit a 3, but also run the court and challenge guys in the paint on D.  Probably another good guy to run at Greek.

Absolutely. Something that Brad has done that I think has been sneaky clever is putting our bigs with quick feet on Giannis. We knew Horford and Ojeleye could stay with him, but Baynes and Yabu have surprisingly held their ground against the Freak. Theis would have been perfect in that scheme.

See Monroe was doing a pretty solid job in the series until Thon Maker started playing. Maker's skillset unfortunately matches up very well against Moose.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Absolutely. Something that Brad has done that I think has been sneaky clever is putting our bigs with quick feet on Giannis. We knew Horford and Ojeleye could stay with him, but Baynes and Yabu have surprisingly held their ground against the Freak. Theis would have been perfect in that scheme.

See Monroe was doing a pretty solid job in the series until Thon Maker started playing. Maker's skillset unfortunately matches up very well against Moose.

I dont think Semi did too bad on him as well.  Semi was really moving his feet and getting down low in hustle mode.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Agreed on Monroe. He shouldn't play.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:08:03 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Monroe only played 5 minutes, he's not the reason Baynes didn't play more.  Fitness and Milwaukee playing small is why he doesn't play more.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 09:22:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Love the physicality vs. Embiid.

Got posterized by Embiid like Griffin did in the 2015 Clippers-Spurs series, but still tiring Joel.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

he got slower and old quick .  shame

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Embiid is a clown who thinks he unguardable. Surely he’s forgetting he’s shooting 43% this series, but keep up the posturing and antics.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

he got slower and old quick .  shame

Monroe's scoring was a major factor in us settling down and coming back after getting hit in the mouth to start game 2.

Baynes has clearly earned the main big role but Monroe has a knack for finishing inside that Baynes and most bigs in the league will never possess.