Author Topic: A Shame We Can't Beat The Great East Teams Like PHI, MIL, TOR....  (Read 4225 times)

Re: A Shame We Can't Beat The Great East Teams Like PHI, MIL, TOR....
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 08:56:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Point differential tends to be a better indicator of where a team will end up in terms of overall record, and right now the Celts have the third best point differential in the conference, just a hair behind the Raptors.

It's true that beating bad teams isn't especially impressive, but absolutely demolishing them, historically, suggests that a team will finish with a good regular season record.

That said, it seems likely that having home court advantage will make a big difference against the Bucks, Raptors, and Sixers.  The Celts still haven't shown enough to instill confidence that they'll be able to overtake the Raps or Bucks in terms of record.

Yeah, we were like 10-1 at home in last year's playoffs, but an abysmal 1-7 on the road. I think we really missed the veteran experience of stars like Kyrie and Hayward for those road games, and most of our young guys (especially Rozier) seemed comfortable at home but rattled on the road (especially late in games during crucial moments). Home court will definitely be important. I still feel confident we'll finish with the 2 seed in the East. Question is, can we overtake Toronto for #1? Idk.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 10:16:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Can’t wait to see the narrative on here when we are several games up on all of these teams. I guess regular-season records won’t matter then.

We are two losses back of the best record in the entire league, despite playing the second-fewest home games thus far (Jazz one less). And yet we not only can’t catch them, we can’t beat them either (despite a 3-1 record against said teams).

Man, I wonder how many fanbases would be complaining as much as ours with where we are at. To think so many on here think we are struggling yet only two back of first but the teams barely in front of us are unbeatable.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:25:58 PM by GreenEnvy »
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Can’t wait to see the narrative on here when we are several games up on all of these teams. I guess regular-season records won’t matter then.

We are two losses back of the best record in the entire league, despite playing the second-fewest home games thus far (Jazz one less). And yet we not only can’t catch them, we can’t beat them either (despite a 3-1 record against said teams).

Man, I wonder how many fanbases would be complaining as much as ours with where we are at. To think so many on here think we are struggling yet only two back of first but the teams barely in front of us are unbeatable.

Yep, then we'll hear about how the other teams will just overwhelm us because they have more talent in the playoffs, just like that Ben "Lebron James" Simmons last year  :P

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I guess the loss to MIL without Baynes, Horford, and Morris will be much more telling here than a win against the “great” Philly team.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I guess the loss to MIL without Baynes, Horford, and Morris will be much more telling here than a win against the “great” Philly team.
Only to some here. For others, tonight’s win validates how good this team can be. The playoffs will be fun once more. And if Hayward is close to back, the Celtics will look really good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 11:42:21 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Where is LrBird when you need him.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
We're now a combined 5-3 against IND, PHI, TOR, MIL.

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Which includes some pretty rough play from when we hadn't quite figured it out, and a super clutch shot by Oladipo. Not bad at all C's
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
this Wrong is getting ready to be righted

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

TP. Good stat.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008