Author Topic: 2023-24 Bruins Season  (Read 16368 times)

Re: 2023-24 Bruins Season
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2024, 11:51:17 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Congrats to bruins fans but as I’ve said before, I’d prefer they lose now the Celtics still sharing the garden

How is that a bad thing??

I personally just don’t care about the bruins and it’s just one more thing to have to schedule around and instead of local sports having to focus primarily on talking Celtics, the bruins are also a big talking point. Yawn

Radio is still 90% Patriots drama regardless of what the C's or Bruins do. TV, newspapers etc are a bit better at least. But I wouldn't expect some sort of outpouring of coverage.

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2024, 02:19:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

TD Garden is already hosting a concert May 10 so idk... is that date gonna stick?

Lol never mind, I guess they actually forced the concert to reschedule  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2024, 03:00:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

TD Garden is already hosting a concert May 10 so idk... is that date gonna stick?

That's pretty crazy. I can take or leave Tim McGraw, but moving a concert date up by two days at the last second is pretty reckless. Seems they could have figured something else out with the game

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2024, 02:27:52 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

That's pretty crazy. I can take or leave Tim McGraw, but moving a concert date up by two days at the last second is pretty reckless. Seems they could have figured something else out with the game

That's gonna be a lot of money to refund/employees' time-offs to move. Should have kept the concert and did something else with the TD Garden game lol. Everyone gonna hate the Bruins for this.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2024, 08:51:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Bruins down 3-0 and lifeless again at home. TD Garden really is the house of horrors for the C's and B's

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2024, 03:31:53 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Bruins are cooked. Game 1 was a fluke. I fully expect Florida to win the next two and end Boston's season for the second straight year.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2024, 08:19:53 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I can fully accept Florida is the more talented and better team. I figured they'd win in 6 anyways.

What I can't accept or defend... the B's have played 10 playoff games this season, and in half of them they've had very slow first periods and had many instances where they only take 5 or fewer shots in a single period. That's PATHETIC. Idk how it's the playoffs and you have zero intensity out there. 1-1, Game 3 at home, and you come out like that again last night.

Sounds odd to say given the recent games have finished 6-1 and 6-2, but if it weren't for Swayman the Panthers probably easily put up 10+ goals each of the last two games. Out defense BLOWS in front of him, especially McAvoy who I'm starting to believe is just not great. He's good, not great. And if he's hurt, then shame on Montgomery for continuing to play him and be a complete liability out there.

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2024, 08:52:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wow - the Bruins just got Buddy Hield-ed on that last call. A clear shove of Coyle into Swayman on the goal and they somehow lost the challenge. Then got a perplexing penalty to boot.

Not sure how this is all going to play out, but a 2-2 series is obviously much different than 3-1. Just a total ripoff for the Bruins

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2024, 09:08:04 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 107
  • B's Up
Losing my mind over the refs ineptitude and the Bruins unwillingness to clear the puck from the defensive zone
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2024, 09:22:05 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 107
  • B's Up
Unforced errors, bad penalties, refusal to get shots on goal- its the same crap every year with this team
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2024, 10:02:28 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Unforced errors, bad penalties, refusal to get shots on goal- its the same crap every year with this team

They are choking dogs, and soft ones at that. Time to clean house. Not that ownership will do it. The gullible fans are more than happy to keep filling their pockets for a lost cause.

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2024, 12:56:01 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 744
Bruins are a very frustrating team, yes. Can we ever apply consistent pressure ?

But the officiating and league office have absolutely screwed us by doing nothing to Bennett post-game 3 and by ignoring an obvious crosscheck that pushed Coyle into our goalie and clearly prevented Swayman from defending the goal. Incredible.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2024, 07:56:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
B's are cooked.  What a horrible loss last night.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2024, 08:40:34 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
Wow - the Bruins just got Buddy Hield-ed on that last call. A clear shove of Coyle into Swayman on the goal and they somehow lost the challenge. Then got a perplexing penalty to boot.

Not sure how this is all going to play out, but a 2-2 series is obviously much different than 3-1. Just a total ripoff for the Bruins

So apparently that particular call is not challengeable.  Which begs the question, why allow a challenge to an unchallengeable call then penalize the team for delay on top of it? 
Yup

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2024, 12:35:57 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

So apparently that particular call is not challengeable.  Which begs the question, why allow a challenge to an unchallengeable call then penalize the team for delay on top of it?

Looks like the NHL is following in the NFL and NBA's footsteps.

With that said, the Bruins shouldn't have coughed up that 2 goal lead to begin with.