Author Topic: Tacko Fall moving better-really impressed with his growth  (Read 6136 times)

Tacko Fall moving better-really impressed with his growth
« on: November 18, 2019, 12:41:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Tacko is starting to look like a basketball player ,This sounds strange but he is starting to jump. This lift is making his shots look much more natural and in rhythm.
The highlites i just watched showed impressive growth and  confidence.
Looks like he has a chip on his shoulder after losing an inch.

Re: Tacko Fall moving better-really impressed with his growth
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:09 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
He is already better than Poirier and Id take a flier on him if Kanter or Theis go down TBH.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:00:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Highlights of game vs. Ft. Wayne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3QNRSuOR8o

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 11:43:19 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I watched raptors 905 highlites from last night.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 12:04:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
tacko is running up and down the court better than before. and while it is a really small sample size, he may have improved his free throw shooting. that would be a huge improvement for his game.

i am hopeful he will be with the celtics and contributing this season.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
tacko is running up and down the court better than before. and while it is a really small sample size, he may have improved his free throw shooting. that would be a huge improvement for his game.

i am hopeful he will be with the celtics and contributing this season.
He won't be. If this was baseball, Tacko would still be in A or AA ball in the minors. He really does need this whole year playing in Maine. Then let's see what he has next year.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
He really is looking like a player who is improving every month. He is apparently an extremely hard worker and no doubt there is "high" ceiling on his talent. I am super excited we might have a true center on our team before this year is out. I would love to see him swat some Embiid shots in the playoffs later this year.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 03:06:33 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Fall is never going to be more than a situational guy, but he definitely looks like he is moving better. 

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Fall needs to get back faster on defense.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So it's a good thing that Tacko looks better against vastly inferior competition but that's the bare minimum for a guy that wants to play in the NBA.  I remember how good (and even fluid) Ante Zizic looked in his highlight videos from Europe.  But once I saw him in the NBA, he looked like a complete stiff.

Not saying Tacko won't or can't make it but the odds are stacked against him, especially considering how the game has changed.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:56 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
So it's a good thing that Tacko looks better against vastly inferior competition but that's the bare minimum for a guy that wants to play in the NBA.  I remember how good (and even fluid) Ante Zizic looked in his highlight videos from Europe.  But once I saw him in the NBA, he looked like a complete stiff.

Not saying Tacko won't or can't make it but the odds are stacked against him, especially considering how the game has changed.

If Zizic was 7'6" he'd be playing a big role somewhere. Size matters. Tacko is huge. he effects the court whenever he's on the floor. His floor is situational player with spot minutes in certain situations. If he was on the floor at the end of the game last night to just get a rebound that would be a good use of his talent. If Tacko can become a passable freethrow shooter then he will get NBA minutes at some point.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 07:26:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Fall is never going to be more than a situational guy, but he definitely looks like he is moving better.

Wouldn't that be great if he were an effective situational guy?  Change of pace, late game rebounds, middle-clogger, out of bounds shield.  As a situational player, he could be a pretty valuable bench guy and become a very wealthy man.  I hope it works out for him.  He also can put the star atop the x-mas tree. But I know he's a lot more than just a very tall guy -- very smart and personable, I hope he gets to wherever he wants to be.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

You're really exaggerating how bad zizic is. He's averaging 17 minutes per game for the 10th seed cavs, up from 14 minutes a game last season. Teams don't increase minutes for useless stiffs

Zizic seems to be a decent rotation caliber NBA player

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Last Friday I night I watched a good part of the Maine Red Claws versus Fort Wayne Red Ants game. (Fyi: They broadcasted the game on NBC Sports Boston.) What surprised me was how subdued the crowd acted while Tacko played. I expected repeated loud and emotional displays throughout - especially when Tacko scored. 

What I took away is that Tacko wasn't considered a side show anymore. Fans looked at him more as a legitimate player.

A couple of my initial reactions to him possibly helping the Celtics this year.

The good: he may get a few lob passes near the basket for easy dunks. Perhaps, block a shot here and there. But, be more be a hindrance to those driving to the hoop. 

The bad: he might repeatedly get lost defensively in pick and roll(s). Might get overwhelmed by either bigger or faster players. 

His pluses and minuses may cancel out.

If he's able to push himself enough to make his pluses outweigh his negatives he'll be a help to the team. Right now, it seems like his role would mostly be situational. 

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 08:47:01 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I agree that Tacko in the NBA is a longshot of sorts. I, being a lunatic have, in fact, watched the Red Claw's games.

This is what i have seen beyond Waters being a very able point guard whom will be fine in the NBA.

Tacko is better now than he was at UCF. By the way? Tacko was good at UCF and played every game for four years, so he isn't some oddity. UCF won a ton of games with him starting at center.

Yes, at 7'6" and 300 pounds he moves differently from other human beings, one of those things I guess.

Tacko watches the floor from his mountaintop and of late, has shown some commitment to the action. Not every play. He is no Javonte Green, but, Tacko is getting better. He is decisive with the ball. His feet on the floor make pretty good sense and his positioning is around a C+ which is better that the C- or D we have been seeing. He still occasionally skips running up the court with his team, but, he is 7'6" 300 pounds and I don't know how that feels.

They put him on short rotations and it seems to work. His passes are good, although rarely does he have the ball in a "non dunk" situation.

Now here is an observation which may be just jive on my part, but, I think it is legit.

The Red Claws play better when Tacko Fall is on the court.

The kids feel different with Tacko on the post on offense. The passing dynamics are different, not sure if stats confirm this or not.

On defense, the opposing team's dynamics are different. Perhaps the kids have never played against Tacko and they haven't adjusted yet, but, when they scan the Red Claw's defense for a point of attack? There's this giant guy standing there and what the heck, he's kind of in the way.

Finally, I suggest the team gains confidence with Tacko. He's kind of a living totem. "We will be victorious because we have the tallest guy in a game that is about height."

All that aside, in the NBA I would like to see how he deals with Vucevic, Drummond et al. I don't mean to say he would be a great starting center, but, would he be a good "third center" and thus, be out there once in awhile for us to cheer for him.