Author Topic: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread  (Read 13368 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Ideas: Post Ideas here instead of the Rumors/News Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

A Langford/Poirier for Bamba deal works in the trade machine. ..  Make it happen, Danny!

i'd much rather do langford poirier kanter for Capela as suggested in other thread although it is a bit of an overpay than wasting Langford for bamba

Didn't Capela already get traded?
Yup.

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10

So anyone else glad we did not draft Bamba, I am....
The Celtics were in on Bamba leading up to the 2018 draft, but the assets required (speculation implied giving up Jaylen) made the cost prohibitive. 

At present, Bamba is developing slowly.  However, there's been flashes of the player he could be. 

At the same age (21), Rudy Gobert posted a line of 8.6 pts, 12.9 rebs and 3.4 blks per 36.  He played in 45 games and averaged a shade under 10 mins a game.

Bamba (21 currently) is posting 13.2 pts, 12.1 rebs and 3.4 blocks per 36.   He has played in 47 games and is averaging just over 15 mins per game.

Bamba currently has a defensive rating of 103, whereas Gobert had a rating of 104 at age 21. 

Seems like a buy-low opportunity with the Magic heavily invested in Vucevic.
It may very well be that he's not even available, although Windhorst indicated last year around this time that the Magic were open to offers. 

Would love to see Stevens put him through the Celtics development machine. 

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Where is Bamba going to get minutes? He hasn't shown as much as Robert Williams this year and this team doesn't have room for two C prospects of that type.

Maybe Bamba is the next Rudy being blocked by Vuc instead of Kanter, but I'm skeptical of that. Gobert's growth is the exception not the rule for that type of prospect.

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2020, 10:07:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Don't know if this was mentioned but Nene's been waived by Atlanta.

Is he totally cooked or worth giving Poirier's spot (or Green's I suppose) to? Seems like cooked but I really haven't seen him play.

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2020, 10:13:50 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Is he totally cooked or worth giving Poirier's spot (or Green's I suppose) to? Seems like cooked but I really haven't seen him play.
I would definitely give him a shot. He is still effective in limited minutes and can definitely body up Embiid, Sabonis, Gasol, etc.

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2020, 10:14:33 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Can’t link the story but Kevin smith says the Celtics were in on Burks but the warriors didn’t want salary back and Danny didn’t want to cut multiple players.

Like I said, roster slots matter.

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2020, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I think he's cooked, so I wouldn't cut someone to bring him in. If we had an open roster spot sure why not...

Re: Crazy stuff
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Works at the trade machine.. just being crazy.. not expecting big trade by danny

Looks like in your trade scenario Boston loses two roster players and gains four. So Boston would also have to waive or trade two additional players.

'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Kelly oubre is on the trading block ....would you trade Theis + Langford for him?

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Kelly oubre is on the trading block ....would you trade Theis + Langford for him?

Aren't we already very thin in the paint?

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

Aren't we already very thin in the paint?

We have been surviving  this long. And when you watch a Celtics game, it seems we get torn up on the perimeter more often than we have been down low.

« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Going to the playoffs with Poirier and Kanter is bordeline crazy... Better tank!

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Looks like the Bucks are going to release Dragan Bender to sign Marvin Williams.  I know Ainge isn't looking for another project to develop but since he was interested in guys like Davis Bertans, Bender is somewhat similar.  Bender has hit over 40% of his 3's in NBA games this season and over 38% in the G league on a good volume of attempts.  I liked Bender when he was drafted and he hasn't panned out yet and I don't know how good he will ever become.  But if we are just looking for a tall guy who can hit 3's and stretch the floor, Bender might have some use on the Celts.  Bertans isn't very well rounded either.

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Looks like the Bucks are going to release Dragan Bender to sign Marvin Williams.  I know Ainge isn't looking for another project to develop but since he was interested in guys like Davis Bertans, Bender is somewhat similar.  Bender has hit over 40% of his 3's in NBA games this season and over 38% in the G league on a good volume of attempts.  I liked Bender when he was drafted and he hasn't panned out yet and I don't know how good he will ever become.  But if we are just looking for a tall guy who can hit 3's and stretch the floor, Bender might have some use on the Celts.  Bertans isn't very well rounded either.

I doubt he would help us this season, but if we could sign him with rights to re-sign him for next season, definitely should consider this.  Probably would have to cut VP, who I'm on the fence about.  If Kanter or Theis go down with injury, an R Williams doesn't come back healthy, we may need VP for some spot up minutes vs bigs in play-offs.  Tough call.  Bender is still so young.  Would be a classic Belichick move to grab him.

Bender is only 22.  Good investment for the future, but not this season.  I think Brad could coach him to his strengths.