Author Topic: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1  (Read 39655 times)

Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1
« on: November 30, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 

Orlando Magic (13-4) at Boston  Celtics (16-2)
Monday, December 1
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #19, Home Game #11
TV:  NBA TV, CSN HD, Sun Sports
Radio:  WEEI
TD Banknorth Garden

Probable Starting Matchups
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Anthony Johnson

vs 
Ray Allen vs JJ Redick

vs 
Paul Pierce vs Hedo Turkoglu

vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Rashard Lewis

vs
Kendrick Perkins vs Dwight Howard

Reserves
Tony Allen
Glen Davis
Eddie House
Leon Powe
Gabe Pruitt
Bill Walker
Sam Cassell
Patrick O'Bryant

Injuries
None

D-League
JR Giddens
Bill Walker

Reserves
Brian Cook
Courtney Lee
Tony Battie
Marcin Gortat
Adonal Foyle
Jeremy Richardson

Injuries
Jameer Nelson (hip flexor)  out
Keith Bogans (thumb) out
Mickael Pietrus  (thumb) out
Mike Wilkes  (acl)  out

Key Matchups
  vs 
Kendrick Perkins   7.1 PPG,  6.2 RPG,  2.1 BPG
Dwight Howard  21.8 PPG,  13.9 RPG,  3.9 BPG
Dwight Howard is one of the best centers in the league and he has been playing very well on both ends of the court.  He had 32 points and 21 rebounds in his last game.  He is leading the league in rebounds and blocks per game.  Perk will have his hands full trying to contain Howard. 

vs 
Paul Pierce 18.4 PPG,  6.6 RPG,  3.4 APG
Hedo Turkoglu 17.3 PPG,  5.4 RPG,  3.9 APG
I am sure Pierce hasn't forgotten the last meeting between these two teams when Turkoglu hit a last second 3 pointer for the win.  He is shooting over 30% from beyond the arc and Pierce will need to work on the defensive end to keep Turkoglu in check. 

HonorableMention
Rajon Rondo  vs  Anthony Johnson   
When Rondo is aggressive, the team is very hard to stop.  Rondo needs to continue to push the ball up the court and take it at Johnson on every possession. 

Connections
Doc Rivers coached the Magic from 1999-2004
Tony Battie played for the Celtics from 1999-2004
Mickael Pietrus, Adonal Foyle,  and Patrick O'Bryant were teammates in Golden State
Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis were teammates in Seattle
Keith Bogans and Rajon Rondo are former Kentucky Wildcats
Keith Bogans and Eddie House were teammates in Charlotte
Anthony Johnson and Scal were teammates in New Jersey
Anthony Johnson played for Doc in Orlando
Clifford Ray was an assistant for the Magic and mentored Dwight Howard in his first years in the league. 

Re: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Christ seeing Perkins in a picture SMILING is unnerving, usually he's got that glare/frown cemented on his face.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:49:59 PM »

Offline TripleThreat

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Christ seeing Perkins in a picture SMILING is unnerving, usually he's got that glare/frown cemented on his face.

I think KG is trying to hold back a laugh.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:05:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP for FL.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Anyone know a good online source for viewing the game?  NBA TV isn't in my cable package, and it's blacked out of League Pass. 

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:05:39 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Anyone know a good online source for viewing the game?  NBA TV isn't in my cable package, and it's blacked out of League Pass. 

I think its a complete disgrace that you dont get NBA TV when purchasing league pass, what a rip off.

As for the online source, I know that when you buy league pass this year you also get the league pass broadband with it now, I'm wondering if they would have the game blacked out on there too??  Probably a long shot but its the only thing I can think of aside from gamecast on espn.
Greg

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper

I don't know what this forums policy is, so I apologise in advance if I am breaking any rules. But if you go to jEDITED  and search for "boston orlando"

(only via PM please)

But I actually use league pass broadband (in Australia the live games lag a bit, so I usually have to try the above). It only costs $100 for the season, or is included in league pass.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:35:26 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 07:34:10 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
If the game is on NBA TV, it won't be on league pass on TV or broadband.   We have Comcast cable and in this area they don't offer NBA TV either.  I called and called and wrote asking for them to add it but they said it wasn't economically feasible.  So, I got Direct TV for just the TV I watch the games on.  I got the cheapest package which is 29 dollars, added the Sports Pack to it, which is another 12.  Now I get NBA TV and I get CSN so I get to watch all the pre and post game shows plus NE Sports tonight and I get my league Pass on DTV also since they carry the preseason games where Comcast doesn't.   
I feel for you because It drove me crazy when I couldn't get the NBA TV games.    There are some online sources for watching games and if you email me I can give you more information.   

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I don't know what this forums policy is, so I apologise in advance if I am breaking any rules. But if you go to **** and search for "boston orlando" you will get a couple of hits. One that will probably come up is:

But I actually use league pass broadband (in Australia the live games lag a bit, so I usually have to try the above). It only costs $100 for the season, or is included in league pass.

Thanks - I'll take a look around and hopefully find something.  TP for the lead.  And I have League Pass Broadband only (stupid Comcast here carries neither NBA TV or (nor?) League Pass) and NBA TV is blacked out there as well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:35:45 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
That Redick kid sure looks tough...
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
If the game is on NBA TV, it won't be on league pass on TV or broadband.   We have Comcast cable and in this area they don't offer NBA TV either.  I called and called and wrote asking for them to add it but they said it wasn't economically feasible.  So, I got Direct TV for just the TV I watch the games on.  I got the cheapest package which is 29 dollars, added the Sports Pack to it, which is another 12.  Now I get NBA TV and I get CSN so I get to watch all the pre and post game shows plus NE Sports tonight and I get my league Pass on DTV also since they carry the preseason games where Comcast doesn't.   
I feel for you because It drove me crazy when I couldn't get the NBA TV games.    There are some online sources for watching games and if you email me I can give you more information.   

Not economically feasible HAH!  I have comcast and we use to not have NBATV around here either, we have it now though.  I complained numerous times, and apparently a lot of other people did too, because we do have NBA TV here in maryland now on comcast.  The thing that I think is a huge rip off and I mentioned earlier is that you dont get NBA TV access when signing up for league pass (unless things have changed).  It costs an additional 5 dollars a month.  I think its completely absurd, after having to pay 180 bucks for league pass to have to pay more money a month just to get what they advertise, which is to see all your teams games.

Bloodsuckers.
Greg

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I agree with FL with the Honorable Mention key matchup.  If Rondo asserts himself he can dominate this game.  Johnson can not come close to staying in front of him.

His advantage at that position could offset Howard's dominance in this one. 

I really, really, really hate JJ Redick.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Skipping class to go to this one.  Should be a good one.

No one tell my professor.  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Skipping class to go to this one.  Should be a good one.

No one tell my professor.  ;)

Give em' a Tommy Point!

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Not economically feasible HAH!  I have comcast and we use to not have NBATV around here either, we have it now though.  I complained numerous times, and apparently a lot of other people did too, because we do have NBA TV here in maryland now on comcast.  The thing that I think is a huge rip off and I mentioned earlier is that you dont get NBA TV access when signing up for league pass (unless things have changed).  It costs an additional 5 dollars a month.  I think its completely absurd, after having to pay 180 bucks for league pass to have to pay more money a month just to get what they advertise, which is to see all your teams games.

Bloodsuckers.

I think the reason why NBA TV isn't carried by some providers is that it's costly for them to pay the NBA to add a channel many people don't watch or even know exists, and pro sports networks tend to have a high price tag for providers - I know the NFLN is having similar problems; though they're more popular they also charge FAR more than NBA TV.  The reason why the NBA won't let League Pass show NBA TV is because they want pressure on the cable providers to carry it (more $ for them than carrying it on League Pass), and an alternate way of getting to watch NBA TV reduces that pressure b/c the hardcore fans will have access to it regardless. 

The consumer, as usual, gets stuck in the middle of a profit struggle between the NBA and cable providers.  It's stupid, but the NBA isn't trying to bloodsuck its League Pass subscribers directly, they're trying to get channel adds from Comcast et al.

Thanks to all for your help finding an alternate viewing method, I appreciate it, and I'm sure I'll be back later on tonight.