Author Topic: #7 And Moving Up!  (Read 4178 times)

#7 And Moving Up!
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
We now are in the #7 playoff spot.  Assuming we don't make it all the way to 1, 2 or 3, what's the best spot after that for the Celtics to be in?  We obviously want to avoid playing Miami or Chicago in the first round.  Any other team we should be weary of? What teams will give us the most trouble?  I'm afraid of Chicago more than any other team in the east.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: #7 And Moving Up!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We now are in the #7 playoff spot.  Assuming we don't make it all the way to 1, 2 or 3, what's the best spot after that for the Celtics to be in?  We obviously want to avoid playing Miami or Chicago in the first round.  Any other team we should be weary of? What teams will give us the most trouble?  I'm afraid of Chicago more than any other team in the east.
I don't care. If we're champion caliber, we have to beat everyone. If we're not, it truly doesn't matter to me when we get bounced.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Still want to avoid New York, but if u are good enough, then it doesnt matter who u play.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
like last year, 4 is a decent spot to be in. ideal would be top 2.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Still want to avoid New York, but if u are good enough, then it doesnt matter who u play.

I'm not really scared of them.

They are too three dependent.  If they aren't hitting threes they aren't winning and three point shooting dries up at some point in the playoffs.  Always does and these one dimensional teams crumble.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Way rather play NYC then the bulls. Hopefully we don't encounter any of NYC, Miami, Philly w/ Bynum, or the bulls until the ECF.

Maybe standings end up like:

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Brooklyn
4. NYC
5. Chicago with rose
6. Indiana
7. Atlanta
8. Philly with Bynum

After looking at the standings I can see this potentially happening if Indiana cools off.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

They are too three dependent.  If they aren't hitting threes they aren't winning and three point shooting dries up at some point in the playoffs.  Always does and these one dimensional teams crumble.

Dallas Mavericks of 2011

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Dallas Mavericks of 2011

You think that was a three dependent team?

I don't.  Nowitzki was their offense and he scored all over the floor and did his worst damage against Miami going to the rim.  They had Marion as a big contributor as well.  That was a better defensive team than this Knicks team.

A three dependent team would be like the Orlando Magic of the Dwight Howard era.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think we will finish 4th.

If we continue to play like this tho maybe higher.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 03:03:29 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't care. If we're champion caliber, we have to beat everyone. If we're not, it truly doesn't matter to me when we get bounced.

Exactly how I feel

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

I'm actually afraid of them bc of the threes. That's the kinda team that can beat anyone if those shots go down.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I'm actually afraid of them bc of the threes. That's the kinda team that can beat anyone if those shots go down.

I guess I see how.  Not saying they don't have games where they could just blow us out if they fall but I think our defense should be good enough.

I really just find them one dimensional.  They are a team built to win regular season games, I believe.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Dallas Mavericks of 2011

I don't.  Nowitzki was their offense and he scored all over the floor and did his worst damage against Miami going to the rim.  They had Marion as a big contributor as well.  That was a better defensive team than this Knicks team.

A three dependent team would be like the Orlando Magic of the Dwight Howard era.

Melo can score like dirk on that run. Felton provides a presence that gets points in ways other then threes. NYC is missing Felton right now. He's incredibly vital to their success.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Dallas Mavericks of 2011

Melo can score like dirk on that run. Felton provides a presence that gets points in ways other then threes. NYC is missing Felton right now. He's incredibly vital to their success.

Yeah, I agree, the team is definitely reminiscent of that Dallas team.

And similar to the Dallas team, they are going to need to get lucky with matchups, health, and just be clicking on all cylinders at the right time to win a championship.  But they definitely have a shot.   

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Felton was playing well?

Go look at his numbers. He played essentially the same game as fat ridiculed Felton in Portland.

He's trying  harder on defense and played for a much better team that's it. He's still largely the same guy.