Poll

How Did You Feel About The Trade And What Do You Want To Happen Now?

LOVED The Trade And Hope It DOESN'T Get Voided
36 (42.9%)
HATED The Trade And Hope It Gets Voided (Get Back Nets Pick, Zizic, Etc.)
19 (22.6%)
HATED The Trade Initially But Honestly Now Hope It Goes Through (No Drama Please)
29 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Poll: With The Whole 'Void The Trade Talk', Where Are You At?  (Read 6121 times)

Re: Poll: With The Whole 'Void The Trade Talk', Where Are You At?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I love the trade.
I felt all along that Thomas was too small to last long in the NBA the way he played.
Incredibly courageous man, Mr. Thomas. He took an unbelievable pounding and never quit.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd tell the Cavs to pound sand.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »

Offline celticpride17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Even WORSE for thomas probably  NO TEAMS will want to bring the BRINKS TRUCK for him now because of that injury!

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Even WORSE for thomas probably  NO TEAMS will want to bring the BRINKS TRUCK for him now because of that injury!

His options will be very limited...like a 2 year deal with a team option to see if he can even function as a pro basketball player again

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think this is a disaster.  I can believe the Cavs didn't already know the extent of the injury.  I think they're playing this up to extort us.

Exactly because they want Jayson Tatum. I think this was the Cavs plan the entire time. Feed us Kyrie, threaten to void the terms of the trade unless we give them Tatum. He is who they wanted to begin with.

They r not geting Jayson Tatum so they can forget it.

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

and as for adding anything extra to the trade:

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I hated the trade initially and talked myself into it.  If it fell through I would be fine getting the Brooklyn pick back and Zizic.  IT will get surgery and miss the season in preparation for free agency, and Jae can be moved to any team in the NBA if he has an issue coming back to Boston.

Remember, Danny has said repeatedly that some of the best trades are the ones you don't make...

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 05:42:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I hated the trade initially and talked myself into it.  If it fell through I would be fine getting the Brooklyn pick back and Zizic.  IT will get surgery and miss the season in preparation for free agency, and Jae can be moved to any team in the NBA if he has an issue coming back to Boston.

Remember, Danny has said repeatedly that some of the best trades are the ones you don't make...

In the scenario you describe our starting lineup is

Smart - Brown - Hayward - Morris - Horford

The Celts win 40-45 games and lose in the first round.

Also they probably have a bottom 10 offense.

Basically, a very different season than we thought we'd get to watch.

Additionally ... rather than having an elite scorer running our offense for the next 5 years, we have ZERO idea when or how we're going to have a legit lead scoring option and playmaker again.

There's no way to spin this as a positive scenario if the trade gets voided.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Additionally ... rather than having an elite scorer running our offense for the next 5 years, we have ZERO idea when or how we're going to have a legit lead scoring option and playmaker again.

But we'd have assets for more pieces to get what we need. Kylie isn't the answer for me..

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 05:45:07 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I think this is a disaster.  I can believe the Cavs didn't already know the extent of the injury.  I think they're playing this up to extort us.

Exactly because they want Jayson Tatum. I think this was the Cavs plan the entire time. Feed us Kyrie, threaten to void the terms of the trade unless we give them Tatum. He is who they wanted to begin with.

They r not geting Jayson Tatum so they can forget it.

Lol the ol bait and switch. If the Cs did that riot in the streets..

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You could do that if you think what they really wanted was the pick. Otherwise, they have all the leverage.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
You could do that if you think what they really wanted was the pick. Otherwise, they have all the leverage.

Nah. Take back our assets and claw it back. Well be fine..Can't let these guys squeeze us for more..

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Gilbert may be trying to squeeze another draft pick out of Ainge. After all, isn't this deal about draft picks? IT is just a rental, and he knew what he was getting into there. He wants that Nets pick.

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 05:52:30 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39

Who cares ?

We weren't winning anything with this team yet anyway. Remember, we r planning for the future not for this year. Take back the Brooklyn pick and go on our merry way as we had already planned to do.

Cleveland is trying to rob us from our future. They want Tatum to. No way, to me, thats a deal breaker.

Danny, walk away from this trade. Pick up your Brooklyn pick, grab Tatum n walk into the future n forget this even happened.

Marvin Bagley III is awaiting us.

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
let them void the trade.  we overpaid when we thought IT would be ok for this season.  now that's he's got some health issues, the trade evens out a bit.    they can take the trade as is or pound sand as Roy said.

this year wouldn't accomplish much but no concerns about having to pay IT next offseason  so we should be sitting ok regarding the cap for another run at a good FA.  getting that Nets pick back wouldn't suck for next offseason either