Poll

How Did You Feel About The Trade And What Do You Want To Happen Now?

LOVED The Trade And Hope It DOESN'T Get Voided
36 (42.9%)
HATED The Trade And Hope It Gets Voided (Get Back Nets Pick, Zizic, Etc.)
19 (22.6%)
HATED The Trade Initially But Honestly Now Hope It Goes Through (No Drama Please)
29 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Poll: With The Whole 'Void The Trade Talk', Where Are You At?  (Read 6116 times)

Online CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
So how are you guys feeling now?

I'll admit, I HATED the trade and still do (though I'm sure you all know this by now after all my posts and rambling).

That being said, I'm just NOT SURE how to take this talk of voiding the trade with IT's hip concerns and everything..

On one hand, voiding this trade gives us back a likely Top-5 or Top-8 pick (Nets Pick), a good depth piece at Center (Zizic), Crowder and IT, and would mean "overpay averted".

But on the other... I wouldn't blame Crowder and IT if they HATED Boston and the fans now, and IT's hip injury could be even worse than we expected (as in.. miss most of the season bad), which means we have a backcourt of Rozier/Smart/Larkin (YUCK). Also, while Crowder may still fetch back decent value... Isaiah's value will definitely take a hit and I think it's clear the C's have zero intention of giving him a big contract after this season.

So again, what do you guys think will happen and what do you WANT to happen?

This board does seem very split on the trade (hate/like).

Re: Poll: With The Whole 'Void The Trade Talk', Where Are You At?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So far, all indications are Cleveland might ask for another pick as compensation. Why wouldn't danny, who holds 100 picks, give one up just to shut Cleveland up? I can't see any scenario as if right now where the trade gets voided

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
So far, all indications are Cleveland might ask for another pick as compensation. Why wouldn't danny, who holds 100 picks, give one up just to shut Cleveland up? I can't see any scenario as if right now where the trade gets voided

With all due respect, f**k 'em. If they want to rescind the trade, let them. But they shouldn't get another red cent - we overpaid in the first place.

This. Exactly.

Let Cleveland void this trade in that case. I'd love to see how that franchise does once the Lebron era officially ends.

Don't see them getting another Top-10 pick from anyone else in a Kyrie trade. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 02:47:54 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Void if the Cavs want more.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I was split on the trade when it happened (and still am, honestly), but I hope it goes through. It would be one thing to have never included IT/Crowder in a deal and just bring them back this season, but to bring them back after trading them? That just seems like it would be a mess.

Hopefully this all gets resolved soon and we can start integrating Kyrie into our offense (although I'm sure Brad has plans already)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Doesn't that depend on the state of IT's hip? If he's going to miss half the season, or is going to need surgery, his game is likely to be much diminished from last year. And there's no guarantee he comes back from an injury like that. Plus, I doubt it would be good for the locker room.

If the question is whether we would rather have Kyrie at $20 mill for 2 years vs the nets pick,  Crowder, and Zizic,  for me the answer is easy. It's Kyrie  .

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Void if the Cavs want more.

Give the Cavs the pick back that we used to trade for Thomas

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You think kyrie will be happy traded to another team now? all it require is for Him to announce that(and believe me he will) and no team is going to trade any assets for him, because he don't want to stay there anyway
let's say he was traded to the Suns/Bucks, And he wants out? we can just trade the pick for him again

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Doesn't that depend on the state of IT's hip? If he's going to miss half the season, or is going to need surgery, his game is likely to be much diminished from last year. And there's no guarantee he comes back from an injury like that. Plus, I doubt it would be good for the locker room.

If the question is whether we would rather have Kyrie at $20 mill for 2 years vs the nets pick,  Crowder, and Zizic,  for me the answer is easy. It's Kyrie  .
The question is who really can't take the failure of the trade and for me it's clear, it's the Cavs

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Never gonna cry getting the BK pick back and getting a stud big man for once in next year's draft.

Crowder and Zizic are good assets. IT is a wild card ... but we knew that already.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think this is a disaster.  I can believe the Cavs didn't already know the extent of the injury.  I think they're playing this up to extort us.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Love the trade.

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think this is a disaster.  I can believe the Cavs didn't already know the extent of the injury.  I think they're playing this up to extort us.

You believe it's a fake injury ?

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
want Irving

but we are sitting pretty with that Nets pick .....Im fine with taking the pick and Zizic back

Crowder ?

and now all the baggage on IT is laid out open on the table , tired of kicking the can down the road on his future , we know now Danny does not want him u less he 100% ,  Just let him go and move on ASAP .   

Cavs ....just for spite take a worse offer .....joining the others in snubbing better deals rather than deal with Boston

Cavs can take somebody's  10-20 pick couple rookies ,   zero,chance of keeping James , and loose an extra few years tanking trying to win the lottery . While any player with any talent run from the team. ....for next 30 years.

The  resentment towards Boston is amazing by the press and other teams GM s even when  a super fair deal is offered ....moremthan Cleveland can get elsewhere .

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I want Irving and I never want to see Thomas or Crowder in a Celtic uniform again. If they are returned, I will be highly disappointed and be counting the days until Thomas leaves for good.

He is never going to duplicate last year and is damaged goods. Crowder is a malcontent that is worthy if coming off the bench.

The only redeeming value is the pick and another big. Thomas will miss time all season with this injury and if he has surgery, he is done six months