Author Topic: You People Are Scaring Me Regarding Anthony Davis...  (Read 6476 times)

Re: You People Are Scaring Me Regarding Anthony Davis...
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
So, realistically speaking, does anyone really see them making the playoffs next year? The way I see it, it'll be a fight for them:

Clearly better:
GS
SA
Houston
OKC

Probably better:
Portland
Denver
Minnesota

Around NO's level:
Memphis
LAC
Utah
Dallas

Worse:
LAL
Phoenix
Sac

Them missing the playoffs yet again forcing Boogie elsewhere would be the first step in the inevitable Davis/NO divorce. Hell, even if he wants to stay they might not want to pay him a full five year max if they still couldn't get to the playoffs, especially after paying Holiday this summer.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't think trading a guy halfway through his contract to massively upgrade the team says anything negative to free agents, frankly. 

Anthony Davis is a 24 year old superstar. Those are the type of guys you pay for.

And he would actually attract the free agents Horford's departure would supposedly scare away.

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Don't worry, DA will kick the tires on a trade for Davis but balk on the price. Then Davis will be traded to another team for 30 cents on the dollar. A C's source will tell a reporter Pelicans wanted the entire team, while later the Pelicans GM will deny any such offers from DA.

Rinse and repeat...

Entire Fanbase Again:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

I think the name we should be looking more at this deadline or next summer is KRISTAPS PORZINGIS.

Anthony Davis is currently one of the eight best basketball players in the world. He is a perennial lock for the All-NBA teams. There's a legitimate chance that he will eventually be the NBA's MVP. Kristaps Porzingis will never be as good as Davis was when he was 21.

While that is probably true, I'm also talking availability.

I acknowledged there's a great chance Porzingis isn't available either, but there's a BETTER chance he is dealt somewhere than AD if I had to guess.

A lot can change but that's how I feel right now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I think the name we should be looking more at this deadline or next summer is KRISTAPS PORZINGIS.

Anthony Davis is currently one of the eight best basketball players in the world. He is a perennial lock for the All-NBA teams. There's a legitimate chance that he will eventually be the NBA's MVP. Kristaps Porzingis will never be as good as Davis was when he was 21.

A very bold statement. Anyway, availability and asking price also counts here.

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 06:51:54 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

A very bold statement. Anyway, availability and asking price also counts here.

I don't think it's that bold at all. In 2014-15, Davis was 4th in the NBA in WS, 6th in VORP, All-NBA First Team, All-Defensive Second Team, 5th in MVP voting, and 4th in DPOY voting. He carried an absolutely garbage team to the playoffs in the West. It's pretty hard to argue that Davis wasn't a top-5 player in the league at 21. I feel extremely comfortable saying Porzingis will never be one of the 5 best players in the world. As for availability and price, Porzingis isn't available with Phil gone, and the reported asking price when he was available was ******* insane.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I'd love to have AD, but not as much as I'd love to keep our 2 potential high draft picks and Tatum, especially if both turn top 5 next year. No way I'm giving up all 3 of those assets in a short term contract league. 

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Don't think he moves until the trade deadline of the season before the last year of his contract.  That is assuming the Pelican stink at that time.

It does not make sense for them to trade him before that.  I understand leverage and everything but for a player of his caliber, teams will pay up regardless.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What do you guys think?

I think your a fragile snowflake.  JK

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
So, realistically speaking, does anyone really see them making the playoffs next year? The way I see it, it'll be a fight for them:

Clearly better:
GS
SA
Houston
OKC

Probably better:
Portland
Denver
Minnesota

Around NO's level:
Memphis
LAC
Utah
Dallas

Worse:
LAL
Phoenix
Sac

Them missing the playoffs yet again forcing Boogie elsewhere would be the first step in the inevitable Davis/NO divorce. Hell, even if he wants to stay they might not want to pay him a full five year max if they still couldn't get to the playoffs, especially after paying Holiday this summer.
The top 5 spots in the West will be GS, SA, Houston, Minny, and OKC (not necessarily in that order).  I think NO is in a group of 5 teams that will be fighting for the last 3 playoff spots, the other teams are Denver, Portland, LAC, and Memphis.  If I had to guess I think Denver gets the 6th seed, Portland the 7th, and New Orleans the 8th, but I'm not really sold on Portland or New Orleans (Denver seems like the class of those 5 teams, but they have a lot of young players and young players can be unpredictable).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip