Author Topic: Chad Ford Mock  (Read 6032 times)

Chad Ford Mock
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In Ford's second mock, he has the Celtics selecting Lonzo Ball at #2 (Fultz went #1).

2. Boston Celtics (via Nets)*
Lonzo Ball
UCLA
Freshman
Guard

I'm not sure there's a Celtics fan left on the planet who doesn't know that Boston owns the rights to the Nets' draft picks for the next two years. Last year, picking in the Nets' position produced Jaylen Brown. This year, the reward might be much higher.Point guard isn't an immediate need for Boston, but Ball is such a terrific prospect that I don't think it will matter much to GM Danny Ainge. His combination of size, playmaking, shooting and sizzle doesn't come along very often.

The Celtics can always move other pieces around. Ball would immediately be the highest-ceiling player on the roster.

Odds of winning lottery (via Nets): 19.9 percent (Boston owns the rights to swap picks with Brooklyn.)

Projected record: 22-60

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Chad Ford Mock
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
All you have to do is look in the Fultz vs. Ball thread.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88129.0

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:26:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In Ford's second mock, he has the Celtics selecting Lonzo Ball at #2 (Fultz went #1).

2. Boston Celtics (via Nets)*
Lonzo Ball
UCLA
Freshman
Guard

I'm not sure there's a Celtics fan left on the planet who doesn't know that Boston owns the rights to the Nets' draft picks for the next two years. Last year, picking in the Nets' position produced Jaylen Brown. This year, the reward might be much higher.Point guard isn't an immediate need for Boston, but Ball is such a terrific prospect that I don't think it will matter much to GM Danny Ainge. His combination of size, playmaking, shooting and sizzle doesn't come along very often.

The Celtics can always move other pieces around. Ball would immediately be the highest-ceiling player on the roster.

Odds of winning lottery (via Nets): 19.9 percent (Boston owns the rights to swap picks with Brooklyn.)

Projected record: 22-60

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Ball is a nice player. Very confident. Likes to hush the crowed with big plays/shots.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
At number 2, Ainge would absolutely pick the best available player if he deems it better than making the best available trade. Ball certainly looks to be a great talent.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:49:25 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Could be a James Harden type...

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
At number 2, Ainge would absolutely pick the best available player if he deems it better than making the best available trade. Ball certainly looks to be a great talent.

Ditto. Doesn't matter that we already have tons of PGs. If that's who is there, that is who gets picked.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I would not be a fan of this pick. I think Ball is a very boom or bust prospect which scares me. I could deal with that if I didnt have a guy like Tatum in this draft. The other issue I see with him being so boom or bust is that you are going to have a major team turnover for a guy that Im not sure if he is the stud player you are looking for.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
That Mock is old news.  The Nets just moved into the worst spot (top pick), so if he re-did his mock today, he'd have us taking Fultz.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Can anyone shed light on the rest of the top 10?

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I dont see how Ball is better than Smith or even Tatum

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Have you watched UCLA play a full game Denis?

He's Jason Kidd Jr. Dennis Smith JR is Steve Francis. He's selfish, Lazy defender a total me guy. Not a Celtic IMO.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
I'd take Ball over Smith but not Tatum.  Other than on the fast break, Smith hasn't impressed me much.  Right now I'd take Fox over Smith and possibly Ntilikina as well. 

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This is great News!

Ball could transform our team. He is a true Celtic! One of the most unselfish players you will ever see!

Heard great reports about him personality wise. Nice, humble Kid off the court.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'd take Ball over Smith but not Tatum.  Other than on the fast break, Smith hasn't impressed me much.  Right now I'd take Fox over Smith and possibly Ntilikina as well.

Smith is more than just a menace on the fastbreak

He is good.

Highlight (19 pts 16 assists 5 days ago)

https://youtu.be/Vsv67XAvweY

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Drafting a guard shouldn't be considered an issue for the Celts.

In two years they'll have a decision to make on Isaiah and Bradley.  My guess is they keep one and let the other go.

As for Smart and Rozier, both are expendable and likely to be included as sweeteners in any offer Ainge makes in trade discussions for star caliber players.

Even if the Celts re-sign Isaiah, as he ages he'll have to play fewer minutes and carry a lighter load.  Having a top young guard prospect backing him up or playing alongside him wouldn't be a bad thing, and point guards typically take 3-4 years to develop to the point where they're prepared to lead a good team, anyway.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain