Author Topic: Bulpett: Bulls wanted #3 pick, two rotation players, and Nets 2017 pick  (Read 7171 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Bulls should be asking for more than Butler is worth.  The Celtics should refuse to give up more than Butler is worth.  No deal unless one team is wrong about his value or desperate to make a move.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Too much.

But Ainge messed up the 3rd pick as well. Should have drafted Kris Dunn and traded a guard.

Brown will be better than Dunn. So Ainge did the correct thing.

Pretty much this. Brown in 2-3 years will be better than Butler, so the Bulls can shove it.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Too much.

But Ainge messed up the 3rd pick as well. Should have drafted Kris Dunn and traded a guard.

Pretty much this. Brown in 2-3 years will be better than Butler, so the Bulls can shove it.
And pretty much this!

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Too much.

And pretty much this!
Well, either that or he'll be worse than Kedrick Brown.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Too much.

And pretty much this!

He'd have to suffer some freak injury or sudden obesity or a meth addiction or get killed by a meteor  to be worse than Kedrick. If healthy, there are ZERO out of INFINITE future universes where Jaylen Brown winds up worse than Kedrick.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Too much.

Trade Marcus Smart for who? Jeff Green?
We have Terry Rozier also.

Jaylen Brown might turn into a superstar and we have Brooklyn's 2017 pick.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Too much.

And pretty much this!

He'd have to suffer some freak injury or sudden obesity or a meth addiction or get killed by a meteor  to be worse than Kedrick. If healthy, there are ZERO out of INFINITE future universes where Jaylen Brown winds up worse than Kedrick.
He's already had worse SL than Kedrick Brown did so there's that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Too much.

And pretty much this!

That's debatable.  If you want to go by pure scoring numbers, LeBron James had a worse summer league than Kedrick Brown, and they actually played against each other.  So it's pretty pointless to say that.

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Way to much for Butler. Glad we kept the pick. Thank u Bulls. We now have JB

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Too much.

And pretty much this!

Well, thank god you will always have Kedrick Brown's summer league performance to fuel your miserable cynicism.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Too much.

And pretty much this!

Well, thank god you will always have Kedrick Brown's summer league performance to fuel your miserable cynicism.
You'd be surprised how much less than that is sufficient. Sorry.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
For those crucifying Ainge for trying to 'win' a trade on draft night, apparently the asking price for Butler was insane. The Bulls wanted the #3 pick, the Nets 2017 pick, and two rotation players that were likely Bradley and Crowder.

"The initial key for the Bulls was the third overall pick from last month’s draft and the ability to select Providence guard Kris Dunn. The aforementioned sources added that the Celtics were willing to add one player from their rotation when Chicago wanted a second.

Another sticking point in that and in other deals Boston is talking about is that pick from the Nets next year,” said one of these sources. “Danny will make it available in the right situation, but he’s not going to give it up with core players, too. That’s going to be a good draft, and that’s going to be a high pick."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/07/bulpett_celtics_working_the_nba_room_but_no_deals_pending

Ridiculous

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
So the Bulls, Wolves , and the Sixers(plus more) wanted Dunn and DA still selected Jaylen. Pretty negligent and he should have traded down or just selected Dunn.

Trades down/up are easier said than done in the NBA draft.  As many have said, this isn't the NFL.

We know for a fact that Okafor was available for the #3 straight up and IMO that would have been a very fair trade.

"Very fair" could be stretching it.  If that happened I would have been OK with the move, because it would signal to me that Danny and Brad didn't value any one of the Brown/Dunn/Murray/Bender/etc group more than Okafor...meaning they like Okafor.  I can live with that.  But the facts are that his trade wasn't made and reports prior to the draft stated that Philly need to add something beyond Okafor to get #3.  That tells me Okafor is not highly sought after and that Danny and Brad wanted Brown more.  I am glad they did.

But we could have traded down and still selected Jaylen, maybe even Zach Lavine and the #5 for #3 and #16

Complete speculation by you.

Ainge was negligent this draft and it's obvious. Jaylen is a great prospect but he was available 5-7 and we need to get value back (at minimum) or get more than value back for our best assets. Yab and the #31 were 2 huge other mistakes

Now you are being ridiculous.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Thank god

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We know for a fact that Okafor was available for the #3 straight up and IMO that would have been a very fair trade.

"Very fair" could be stretching it.  If that happened I would have been OK with the move, because it would signal to me that Danny and Brad didn't value any one of the Brown/Dunn/Murray/Bender/etc group more than Okafor...meaning they like Okafor.  I can live with that.  But the facts are that his trade wasn't made and reports prior to the draft stated that Philly need to add something beyond Okafor to get #3.  That tells me Okafor is not highly sought after and that Danny and Brad wanted Brown more.  I am glad they did.
lets be clear that we do not know for a fact that Okafor was available for #3.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.