Author Topic: JB highlights  (Read 7872 times)

Re: JB highlights
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Like Bradley, Brown can already play NBA defense.
It took Bradley two years before his outside shots started to fall.
I think Brown will develop his offensive game quicker, because he is bigger and stronger than Bradley.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 11:14:02 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
1,2,3...I love JB!

4,5,6...opponent's butts he kicks!

7,8,9...he can really get to the line!

;D

say no to Westbrook
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I don't wanna trade any Brooklyn picks or trade Crowder or Jaylen Brown for Westbrook just so he leaves in FA after next year. I don't care what kinda star power he brings

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't think anyone would want to risk that.

Re: say no to Westbrook
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't wanna trade any Brooklyn picks or trade Crowder or Jaylen Brown for Westbrook just so he leaves in FA after next year. I don't care what kinda star power he brings

I don't think Ainge makes the trade without talking to Westbrook and establishing that he will sign at least a 2 year contract extension with the Celtics.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I really don't see much weakness or limitations to his game.  He needs to get those shots and might not be a durant or kobe or jordan level talent but he's quick, athletic, can handle the ball, has an assortment of shots and ways he can score already and plays at both ends. He can post up.  He can slash.  He can shoot over people.  He's a good decision maker with the ball.  Good rebounder and defender, etc..

C's need to be careful trading Brown or Smart.  I wouldn't do it.
you dont see many weaknesses? Hes a poor shooter, he plays with his head down most of the time, he is a terrible finisher. he leaves his feet to much on defense. Thats just off the top of my head.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
25 pts, 9 reb, 2 stls vs Cavs

Still not impressed?  Kid has all kinds of moves to get to the basket.  He hasnt taken many 3 pt shots but has made around 35-38 percent.  I would like to him utilitize the dribble stop and pop more

http://youtu.be/7RP9BVIZs3A

Re: say no to Westbrook
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I don't think Ainge makes the trade without talking to Westbrook and establishing that he will sign at least a 2 year contract extension with the Celtics.

Unless he did that before the trade, it would be illegal and subject to severe sanctions by the NBA. Ask our buddy Kevin McHale.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
My binky is looking really good.

Loved the spin moves and his quick twitch reaction is superior.

Can't really teach what he's doing physically.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
My binky is looking really good.

Loved the spin moves and his quick twitch reaction is superior.

Can't really teach what he's doing physically.

The lay up he missed after the spin but tipped in lefty was impressive.  Needs to be better finishing but I love that effort and the quick second jump, plus the ability to tip with a left hand.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm pleasantly surprised at his ball handling.
It's insane to see how much he's improved over the summer and he's beating NBA athletes off the dribble and getting the basket/ FT line.

Licking my lips. Looks like a real potential star.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I don't know if it's just me looking too much into it, but it seems like Jaylen's poor finishing at the rim has during SL has something to do with him tweaking the way he finishes. I watched some of his highlights from Cal and he tends to use his off hand to brush off defenders while finishing. He hasn't done that as much in the SL. I wonder if someone told him that it wasn't going to fly in the NBA and decided to change it.

Of course, I am comparing it to highlights from college, so maybe that is his main way of finishing.

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
He needs to finish stronger with his ball hand so that drives that get him to the line for 2 can turn into And 1s. The ball doesn't even get close to the room most of the time.

The spin move is stupid. I foresee CBS, Brown, and chalkboard with "I will not needlessly spin" written a few hundred times in Brown's near future.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Some flashes of Kobe. Kobe was quite mediocre in his first 2 seasons. We need to be very patient with this kid.

And yeah, that fadeaway jumper is a beauty. It had a very good arc.
Kobe was about the same age as starting his THIRD year as Brown will be this year.  So the clock is a little more advanced for Jaylen I'm afraid.  He'll be 20 by the start of the season.

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 01:43:27 PM »

Offline NorCalJack

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
Well I think when he hyper extended his knee he was not right for a few games.  In this game you can't be thinking about an injury.  You have to be 100% confident that the knee is sound before you can just play free.  I think he has played free the first game and the last two games.  His numbers show it and so does his quickness.

As far as finishing around the rim, the SL gives a player 10 fouls so anytime a player is near the rim, they will foul.  I do like the fact that he keeps attacking the rim.  He is aggressive.