Author Topic: JB highlights  (Read 7835 times)

JB highlights
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

Re: JB highlights
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I really don't see much weakness or limitations to his game.  He needs to get those shots and might not be a durant or kobe or jordan level talent but he's quick, athletic, can handle the ball, has an assortment of shots and ways he can score already and plays at both ends. He can post up.  He can slash.  He can shoot over people.  He's a good decision maker with the ball.  Good rebounder and defender, etc..

C's need to be careful trading Brown or Smart.  I wouldn't do it. 

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:46:02 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Unfortunately he is not getting half those calls in NBA game- not for the first years anyways.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't think we need Giles or jackson though.  Brown will have a year under his belt by then.  I'll take an underrated prospect in brown any day over an overrated one.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 08:53:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think we need Giles or jackson though.  Brown will have a year under his belt by then.  I'll take an underrated prospect in brown any day over an overrated one.

Brown and jackson are similar kind of prospects

Giles is a pf. so diff

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:17:35 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Jaylen Brown n Giles will beastmode

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hasn't Giles already had two knee operations, in HS? You would risk a high draft pick on that??

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
all those missed And-1s opportunities. smh.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 09:49:36 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I really don't see much weakness or limitations to his game. 

He clearly has weaknesses AT THIS MOMENT, to be clear. For instance, on a lot of his drives he kind of buries his head to his chest and bulls his way to the hoop. And he has looked a little out of position on defense a couple times in SL. Of course, he hasn't shot well on jumpshots. He's missed some bunnies around the hoop.

But there are ZERO AREAS that are hopeless for this kid. He has a good-looking stroke and should develop into at least a decent shooter, assuming he works at it. His handle is good, and he's got creativity and body control when he goes to the hoop. He's shown at least a willingness to pass. He's got the size, strength, and knack to be a great rebounder from the SF. He has the tools and aggression to be an elite defender.

Seriously... where is Brown's development limited? What aspect of his game can not be improved to at least "good", considering he's 19, smart, works hard, and will be surrounded by a good organization and a good coach?
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Was that last foul called an intentional. That was ridiculous.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
loving what I see so far in the summer leagues. He is showing things that Smart has not in his first summer league. Not criticizing Smart, I still love the kid but Brown is so aggressive. He does have some obvious weaknesses but I believe those are things he can work on

shot - poor shot selection at times, but his shot is not broken, I see his shot is more fluid than Smarts. I also believe he's a better shooter than Bradley was coming out of college. Let's see if he can improve in 2-3 years

pace - he needs to slow down and not be aggressive in every play, while he does have some nice handles at times, I see him get tripped up or run into someone straight up causing turnovers. I believe this will be fixed sooner rather than later

finishing at the rim - while I am loving his drives and slashing, he needs to learn how to actually finish AT the rim, he misses a lot of easy bunnies. Also, something I believe he can fix over time

FT shooting - kid's a beast, this stood out to me the most, from the two good games he had in the summer leagues, he went to the line 12+ times. He isn't perfect from the line, but if he can shoot something like 80%, man will he be dangerous if that translate in the NBA. That's James Harden like. He knows how to get contacts

all in all, weaknesses? sure, he has a few noticeable ones, but he's 19, Simmons and Ingram both have weaknesses. If Brown can work and improve all of those weaknesses and have that translate in real NBA games, we have ourselves a star. Hell I compare him to Kawhi a bit in that he shows no emotions most of the time while he is aggressive

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
TP for posting.

He's got all the tools he just has to learn how to finish and gain some consistency with the jumper and he'll be great. I think playing with Crowder is going to be a big help. Jae figured out how to use his body and his strength to make those straight-line drives to the hoop but Brown's handle is already miles ahead of Crowder's. It's all going to come down to work ethic and whether or not he can handle the big stage.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Some flashes of Kobe. Kobe was quite mediocre in his first 2 seasons. We need to be very patient with this kid.

And yeah, that fadeaway jumper is a beauty. It had a very good arc.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I wanted to get opinions here in brown's handle. I heard it was a weakness and after the first game I just didn't see it. Smart was a pg who immediately would pick the ball up under pressure. I didn't see any of that from Brown. That was surprising and exciting to see for me. My question is ( I would need to replay to check) is his head down looking at the ball while dribbling? Someone in my work said this and I know that can make s world of difference especially against NBA defenders. Thanks in advance guys!

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
As fans much like with Marcus we will struggle with his learning curve but I really like what Brown has shown in summer league. Granted he isn't going to get the same calls in a real game but his ability to get to the line is a real viable skill. With the normal player development that comes from only being 19 and a better perimeter shot I really like the player Brown projects to be at 22-23. I really think DA drafted a DeRozen like wing who will peak as a near 20ppg player.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet