Author Topic: Ainge on draft workouts  (Read 10854 times)

Re: Ainge on draft workouts
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I've been jumping around a lot but the more I think about it the more I think we'll regret passing on Hield if we do... just a feeling

Any word on when he's working out for the C's?

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ainge has multiple incentives to say every player he scouts is amazing.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 07:26:07 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

Ainge is no dummy.  Brown and Bender are the two guys I wanted too per usual.  I honestly am all over the right players every year way before anyone else.  I'm not jokng either.

And below is from a thread last year entitled "Biggest Draft Bust".  No one, including NBA GMs, are "all over the right players every year"     ;)

I just am not sure Turner, Stein or Porzingis are that good or that much of a jump over a guy like Javale Mcgee as a project and wait.   we could trade out of this draft as well.

Hey, maybe he's just a REALLY big fan of JaVale McGee

i was probably referring to the cost of having to move up and get them most likely. The C's even considered signing Mcgee that offseason so I wasn't the only one.  I did a lot of weighing that draft as far as moving up and trying to get a big man though.

Words can have different meanings.  Sometimes that is lost through text or I don't explain it all out because I get sick of doing that.  People misunderstand either way sometimes.  You overly explain they complain about that.  You keep it short and people assume you are an idiot that has no clue what you are talking about and think the worst.

I wasn't even saying what people think I was here either.  Tone is totally lost.  I can try to explain but I won't. I know how I meant it though.

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Ainge is no dummy.  Brown and Bender are the two guys I wanted too per usual.  I honestly am all over the right players every year way before anyone else.  I'm not jokng either.

And below is from a thread last year entitled "Biggest Draft Bust".  No one, including NBA GMs, are "all over the right players every year"     ;)

I just am not sure Turner, Stein or Porzingis are that good or that much of a jump over a guy like Javale Mcgee as a project and wait.   we could trade out of this draft as well.

i was probably referring to the cost of having to move up and get them most likely. The C's even considered signing Mcgee that offseason so I wasn't the only one.  I did a lot of weighing that draft as far as moving up and trying to get a big man though.

Words can have different meanings.  Sometimes that is lost through text or I don't explain it all out because I get sick of doing that.  People misunderstand either way sometimes.  You overly explain they complain about that.  You keep it short and people assume you are an idiot that has no clue what you are talking about and think the worst.
Words have different meanings, especially when you use them to dig out of a hole you just dug.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Words have different meanings, especially when you use them to dig out of a hole you just dug.

I did nothing wrong.  Most of you are clueless.  No offense but that's more the truth.  You misunderstood what I said.  I stand by that.

It was a true statement.  Ainge is not dumb and I do do that more than people here.  It was not an insult.  I meant nothing by it.

It was your own insecurity that took it that way.

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »

Offline yelkao

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 17
on a forum where words are all you have to express yourself, ya might wanna take a second and make sure you're fully understood. Ya know, to avoid commenting 4 times after the fact to reassure everyone that you didn't mean to sound ****y.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
on a forum where words are all you have to express yourself, ya might wanna take a second and make sure you're fully understood. Ya know, to avoid commenting 4 times after the fact to reassure everyone that you didn't mean to sound ****y.

Oh I've done that.  But now I'm digging myself out of a hole according to people like you.  When more not doing what you think.  It says it right there. People are going to think what they think though.

I was not saying what you think I was. You did not hear what I said.  It was not meant that way.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:43:45 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Ainge has multiple incentives to say every player he scouts is amazing.

Bingo.

I would choose Dunn or Brown.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 07:45:51 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I've been jumping around a lot but the more I think about it the more I think we'll regret passing on Hield if we do... just a feeling

Any word on when he's working out for the C's?

Anyone whos not #1 or #2 will regret passing on Buddy Heild. I'm gonna hate hearing Benders name at #3 n be furious when the Suns call his name

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

I did nothing wrong.  Most of you are clueless.  No offense but that's more the truth.  You misunderstood what I said.  I stand by that.

It was a true statement.  Ainge is not dumb and I do do that more than people here.  It was not an insult.  I meant nothing by it.

It was your own insecurity that took it that way.
It may surprise you, but most on here are quite far from clueless. It appears that you are, judging by your statements and what is being discussed in this thread. Its not of matter which draft prospects are the right or wrong picks; its your grandiosity. Its the fact that you call other posters clueless and insecure, while attributing your previous comments to misinterpretation all while their meaning is clear.

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
Dunn is a good player but he would be useless on our team. He's the player who makes the least sense n I don't want another Smart on our team. We have other needs n that would only log jam us even more at the guard position. All set with Dunn. I'd like to draft Buddy Heild, Brown or Murray. Bender if he will turn out to be a special player but if he is to much of a risk I'd rather go another route. But drafting Dunn would be stupid on our part. We already have a point guard who can't shoot n plays defense. I don't see the logic in that move what so ever.

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Dunn is a good player but he would be useless on our team. He's the player who makes the least sense n I don't want another Smart on our team. We have other needs n that would only log jam us even more at the guard position. All set with Dunn. I'd like to draft Buddy Heild, Brown or Murray. Bender if he will turn out to be a special player but if he is to much of a risk I'd rather go another route. But drafting Dunn would be stupid on our part. We already have a point guard who can't shoot n plays defense. I don't see the logic in that move what so ever.
Dunn necessitates a trade. I only pick him if you have a Smart or Bradley deal in the works.

I know BPA but with Rozier looking like he might demand a role and then marcus Avery and Isaiah the minutes just arent there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is one of those threads that deserve negative Tommy Points.

Could we call them delontes?

I was thinking Blounts

Any of these seem reasonable. I vote for pitino points just because it rolls off the tongue.

I second the idea of Pitino Points.
The term Blounts sounds funniest to me!
I'm ready to smoke s big Blount after reading the sniping in this thread.

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 08:14:41 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
Dunn necessitates a trade. I only pick him if you have a Smart or Bradley deal in the works.

I know BPA but with Rozier looking like he might demand a role and then marcus Avery and Isaiah the minutes just arent there.

I see your point, but u gotta have a trade lined up first. You don't just go draft Dunn then be stuck with both him and Smart. No one wants Marcus Smart hr can't shoot. So the demand for him is very small if at all. U would have to pray u can trade him. Your safer just trying to trade Smart now while u can. Then draft Bender or Heild. Dunn won't do us any good he's the same player Smart is n we don't need a Smart on this team. We need a stud PF. That's what we r missing. The Smarts are a dime a dozen in the draft. I'd rather draft Murray or Brown. Someone who's got serious upside. Not someone we r gonna have to wait two or three years to learn how to shoot baskets.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2016, 08:31:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I see your point, but u gotta have a trade lined up first. You don't just go draft Dunn then be stuck with both him and Smart. No one wants Marcus Smart hr can't shoot. So the demand for him is very small if at all. U would have to pray u can trade him. Your safer just trying to trade Smart now while u can. Then draft Bender or Heild. Dunn won't do us any good he's the same player Smart is n we don't need a Smart on this team. We need a stud PF. That's what we r missing. The Smarts are a dime a dozen in the draft. I'd rather draft Murray or Brown. Someone who's got serious upside. Not someone we r gonna have to wait two or three years to learn how to shoot baskets.
I agree that Smart's demand is not that high. Where we disagree is that you expect it to go down I think itll go up.

I am hoping we can find a way to max out the value of that 3rd pick and acquire a big at the same time.

I think if you pick Murray or Hield you can get away without trading a gaurd but it makes more sense to trade Bradley (whose value is probably at an all time high). If you pick Dunn (an OK shooter) you probably cant afford to lose ABs shooting, so you have to trade Smart which I dont think is wise because I think his market value today is below what his current Celtics value is and what his future market and Celtics value will be.

Based on how you feel about Smart, I assume you wouldnt mind something like sending Smart for like the 20th pick then turn around and package 16,20 and 23 to get up close to the top 10?

Then would you be OK with Dunn. Or is your issue with Dunn a talent issue than a fit issue.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.