Author Topic: Deepest bench in years?  (Read 8119 times)

Re: Deepest bench in years?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Play fast, share the ball, and defend aggressively. Run every chance you can, substitute often. When you have a team without standout players, and a deep bench. Push the pace.

good call

last years team could do this from start to finish pretty much. Hench our 2nd half record

Add skill, shot blocking, 3 pt shooting, penetrating to basket at will (missing ingredients from last season) with Lee, Mickey, Hunter, Rozier and we got an even better team

A more consistent PJ3 could be a xfactor

CBS has to put on his best juggling act

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
having a deep bench on a team without stars is like having a really nice paint job on a car that doesn't run.

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
having a deep bench on a team without stars is like having a really nice paint job on a car that doesn't run.

just wait. The next big star available (who knows it could be Durant), the Celtics will be one of the few teams that have enough assets to grab him.  Then watch out

Right now we will need to depend on guys like IT to get us through some expected scoring slumps. Rozier was clutch at SL and he could be clutch in real NBA games.  Hunter had some clutch moments at SL , was known to be clutch in college and could come through in the NBA (unlimited range). 

What I'm getting at is, this team does not have a true star but we might have 2 or 3 Robert Horry kind of role players to help us get big wins

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:06 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Deepest bench! Our whole roster is a deep bench team.
Hahahaha
Our best player just averaged 8.2mpg while racking up 8 DNP's during a championship run... you hear that, notbill?... a CHAMPIONSHIP run.   Banner #17 here we come.

You don't deserve to be a snob when you can't even get the title number right.

TP LarBrd..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 11:10:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Bench is pretty deep. Not many teams have 15 serviceable bench players.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Good point.

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 01:11:30 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The 2010-11 Celtics team probably had the deepest bench. Still bummed that injuries messed up our chances that year :-X

PG: Rajon Rondo/Delonte West/Carlos Arroyo
SG: Ray Allen/Avery Bradley/Von Wafer
SF: Paul Pierce/Jeff Green/Sasha Pavlovic
PF: Kevin Garnett/Glen Davis/Troy Murphy
C: Shaq/Jermaine O'Neal/Nenad Krstic
Look at all those C's :o

That lineup. Man, just imagine what would've happened if they were 100% healthy. I think we'd manhandle the year 1-LeBron Miami Heat, and dismantle the Bulls. But probably lose to Dallas in the finals...they were just clicking it that year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 01:23:07 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
We're probably in the top third of the league in terms of depth. However, our starting lineup is most likely in the bottom third of the league. I'm optimistic though; our whole team is very young and if our starters can continue to develop and become a top 15 starting unit, then we can make some noise. And as far fetched as it seems now, if we add a star to a top 10 bench with a top 15 starting unit, we may have a contender. Here's to hoping we get one of Simmons, Labissiere, Ingram, or Brown with that Nets pick.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 01:57:48 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Deepest bench! Our whole roster is a deep bench team.
Hahahaha

Beat me to it.
yup, a team of bench players so pretty deep bench.  problem is we don't have a starting-quality starting unit.
Thanks for speaking the truth. Others can't handle the truth! Especially since we don't have a TRUTH on our roster.

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Really love the depth added this year in the offseason

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:33 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
The 2010-11 Celtics team probably had the deepest bench. Still bummed that injuries messed up our chances that year :-X

PG: Rajon Rondo/Delonte West/Carlos Arroyo
SG: Ray Allen/Avery Bradley/Von Wafer
SF: Paul Pierce/Jeff Green/Sasha Pavlovic
PF: Kevin Garnett/Glen Davis/Troy Murphy
C: Shaq/Jermaine O'Neal/Nenad Krstic
Look at all those C's :o

That lineup. Man, just imagine what would've happened if they were 100% healthy. I think we'd manhandle the year 1-LeBron Miami Heat, and dismantle the Bulls. But probably lose to Dallas in the finals...they were just clicking it that year.

I dunno, we were pure dominant with a healthy Shaq for memory. And KG would have been on Dirk, so if Dirk played out of his mind still against KG I wouldn't even be mad, he was just unreal that year.

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 06:45:03 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is one of the deepest teams in the league. we'll win a lot of games because of it. we'll win a lot of games and have nothing to show for it.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bench is very deep.
We could break .500 this year.

Hard to know how much better the East has become until we're 30-35 games in or so.
I still wonder about our three point shooting if Hunter and Young don't get any minutes. We are a terrible three point shooting team.
At least we have some decent caliber veteran big men in Johnson and Lee.

Making the playoffs could still be a hard fight but at least we go into the season with some structure.

I honestly don't care what our win record is as long as Smart improves and we see Hunter and Rozier at least play 10-15 mins a game each..... and that Brooklyn and Dallas suck.

I'll be following those two teams and rooting for losses.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
this is one of the deepest teams in the league. we'll win a lot of games because of it. we'll win a lot of games and have nothing to show for it.

Likely. Man we could of really used aldrige

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Only matters if we can turn a few them into an All-Star. Deep means nothing without stars.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)