Author Topic: Why Didn't We Extend Crawford?  (Read 7257 times)

Re: Why Didn't We Extend Crawford?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lets not forget someone else. Marshon Brooks.

Danny was happy to get him. What if we signed jcraw and instead brooks went off? And he still has a chance to

With the influx of guards, danny prob has two offers he has ready to give by the end of the yr. AB about 8-9 million a year and 4-6 mill a year for jcraw or brooks. Or 14-16 to hayward at the end of the year.

But you have to prove it first. Dont think he will be the one getting burnt. Has too man options(also via draft).

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Forgetting Brooks might be the wise thing to do.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Danny was happy to get him. What if we signed jcraw and instead brooks went off? And he still has a chance to

With the influx of guards, danny prob has two offers he has ready to give by the end of the yr. AB about 8-9 million a year and 4-6 mill a year for jcraw or brooks. Or 14-16 to hayward at the end of the year.

But you have to prove it first. Dont think he will be the one getting burnt. Has too man options(also via draft).
Danny was happy to get Jajuan Johnson and Feb Melo since he was the one who chose them.  We don't even know if Ainge was happy to get Brooks.  The Nets could have insisted he take him.

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

People won't let Brooks go.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You think Bradley is going to get a contract for 8-9 million a year? Even with his improvement at the SG position he's not getting that much.

Brooks was included largely to make salaries work. He was a non-rotation player whose salary fit the need. Crawford had shown much more than Brooks prior to this year as well, I have no faith that Brooks can be impactful in a positive way.

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 09:21:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You think Bradley is going to get a contract for 8-9 million a year? Even with his improvement at the SG position he's not getting that much.

Faf is right on here. Most a team would offer Bradley is an MLE and probably not the full years. I think Danny could get him in today's market for 4 years and $20 million or less.

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Reckon if the Cs want him him an Bradley will cut a deal right quick in July like happened with Bass. 
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 12:51:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Faf is right on here. Most a team would offer Bradley is an MLE and probably not the full years. I think Danny could get him in today's market for 4 years and $20 million or less.

$8-9 is only happening if someone wants Bradley enough to make an offer that Danny won't match.  That happens occasionally in restricted free agency (Jeremy Lin, for example), so I wouldn't call it an impossibility.  But he definitely gets more than the MLE if he stays healthy this year.  He's currently worth the MLE, and when you factor in that he's improved every year and is still young, so someone will pay for that potential.  I think he'll get something similar to Aaron Afflalo.

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

$8-9 is only happening if someone wants Bradley enough to make an offer that Danny won't match.  That happens occasionally in restricted free agency (Jeremy Lin, for example), so I wouldn't call it an impossibility.  But he definitely gets more than the MLE if he stays healthy this year.  He's currently worth the MLE, and when you factor in that he's improved every year and is still young, so someone will pay for that potential.  I think he'll get something similar to Aaron Afflalo.

afflalo makes a bit over $7.5 million for the next 4 years, is 4 years older than avery, averages 8 or so more points a game this year, and has better stats in general...slightly.

avery is younger and the better defender. but this year he is average about 4 points higher on his scoring than last year. that may be a product of being allowed (prompted?) to shoot a lot more since there is a dearth of scorers on the celtics. what if he goes to a team with scorers? will his average drop? i dont know.

in any case, yes, i can see some foolish GM plopping down $7.5 million or more per year for avery. but i dont know if we will see ainge doing that. the celtics will have the money in a couple of years, but will ainge think some other guard will give more value?

i hope ainge can get avery for around $5-6 million for 4 years, a bit much? maybe, but hopefully not too much.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »

Offline alecmcafee

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 0
If jcraw plays like this the rest of the year he will get an offer. And no team will overpay for his sevices either. So no worries

Plus jcraw owes one to the celts.

Exactly. It's not like he is going to hit the open market and command more than $3-4 mil per year.