Author Topic: SHEEEED  (Read 9642 times)

Re: SHEEEED
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I hope I get to break out my Celtics-Wallace jersey again!  Yes, I really do own one :)

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:04 AM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
him over Sasha? yessir!  ;D
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 07:38:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
For me, there are conditioning concerns with Sheed. Put me down as loving to see him back in Green, but as of TODAY we'd need him for the regular season, too.

Back in 2009-10, he coasted a bit during the regular season, and we could afford it because we had Perk.....but BOY! Did he win some games for us in the playoffs that year....and BOY did he play perhaps his best game as a Celtic when IT MATTERED MOST:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006170LAL.html

Game 7 of the NBA Finals from June 2010. Yes - we lost a heartbreaker, but for me all I remember is the good times here....the wiley veteran Sheed backing down Pau Gasol old-school style in the post, and then elevating and shooting over him. He did that 3 or 4 times that game, and made it look easy vs perhaps the best big in the game at the time.

He added 8 rebs and 2 assists in 35 min of play, too...he stepped up and gave it his all when Perk went down.

To me, Sheed has some unfinished business in Green. I don't think he wanted to go out like he did.

I'd love to have him back here, but we need him NOW, as in conditioned.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
woah woah woah. Let' not go nuts here. No wait. Maybe we should go nuts

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 08:31:24 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
 Need for Sheed ;D?

If he is in the form would be a great help to the Celtics, but he says that if he return will take the best option.

Sixers Heat Hawks Magic Mavs Bulls?

Bring back Sheed Come on¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 08:39:13 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Sad thing is that he would prob be better than JO.

1. I don't think he missed one game when he played for us.
2. Just as good defense.
3. Can create his own shot in the post (even if only 2 or 3 times a game)
4. I think he adds more toughness

We probably shouldn't really bring him back but as frustrating as he could be at the time (during the regular season) looking back I would have MUCH rather him not retire and never sign JO

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
 last january Sheed's agent denied his return, see what happens now ???.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The big question:  is he up to Michael Sweetney size yet?

In the summer of 2009, he came into camp out of shape, despite his motivation to land a free agent contract.

In 2012, almost two years removed from playing basketball, what type of shape is he in?  And since it took him 8 months to "play his way into shape" last time, what makes anybody think he can get into playing shape in four months?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
Jermaine O'Neal gets us approximately 4-7 solid minutes at the 5 per night, and 17-20 lethargic ones.

Maybe Sheed could get us up to 10-14 solid minutes at the 5 per night.

In all seriousness, why not? It's not as if Pavlovic is going to be the one to make the difference on this team.  While it's unlikely, at least Sheed could have the potential to really help the C's down the stretch.

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
here is sheed in a game this past summer  but that was over 6 months ago if he's going to come back he has to be in shape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jesHky1Aw

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:37:35 AM by green7 »

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
How quickly we forget what a dog this guy was all season. He even admitted that he wasn't giving a 100% during the regular season.  I don't want anything to do with him.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Eh, I'll take him just for the comedy.

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For me, there are conditioning concerns with Sheed. Put me down as loving to see him back in Green, but as of TODAY we'd need him for the regular season, too.

Back in 2009-10, he coasted a bit during the regular season, and we could afford it because we had Perk.....but BOY! Did he win some games for us in the playoffs that year....and BOY did he play perhaps his best game as a Celtic when IT MATTERED MOST:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006170LAL.html

Game 7 of the NBA Finals from June 2010. Yes - we lost a heartbreaker, but for me all I remember is the good times here....the wiley veteran Sheed backing down Pau Gasol old-school style in the post, and then elevating and shooting over him. He did that 3 or 4 times that game, and made it look easy vs perhaps the best big in the game at the time.

He added 8 rebs and 2 assists in 35 min of play, too...he stepped up and gave it his all when Perk went down.

To me, Sheed has some unfinished business in Green. I don't think he wanted to go out like he did.

I'd love to have him back here, but we need him NOW, as in conditioned.
Yeah, and he looked every bit done after that game 7. It's now 2 years later -- maybe he went to Florda and found the fountain of youth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'd take him in a second, even though I can't stand him for dogging it so badly.  If he had played even close to his ability during the regular season, that game 7 would have been in Boston, and it might well have made the difference in the series.

That said, if we platoon the C spot, dividing up the 48 minutes evenly between Steims, JO and Sheed at 16 each, and have them go like heck during their short spurts, conditioning shouldn't be too much of an issue and the benefits of having a legit C (instead of Wilcox or KG at 5) WOULD improve the team quite a bit.

It could be the difference.