Author Topic: Howard to workout with Doc and Rondo  (Read 19003 times)

Re: Howard to workout with Doc and Rondo
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know if this was a joke or not but Doc did coach him at the All-Star game and probably had Rondo practicing alley oops and various entry passes to him during the days before the game. I also wouldn't have doubted if there was some active recruitment that went on. Maybe that's why he mentioned them.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This is confirmation that he is considering us.

Joking or not, the only coach he listed was Doc and pretty much implied he thought Rondo was a better passer then Jameer.

I don't think anyone will debate this. Jameer is a bad passer for a PG, his vision is severely lacking. It really hurts Dwight on the P&R and also in post entry passing.

No one will debate it, and Dwight chose to say it out loud.  It's a good thing.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Would be so happy to get d12 here. Seemed like he changed a lot this past season. Took it a little more serious and learned some post moves. Would be insane Rondo getting into the lane and dishing to him.

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I can envision him in green already think I crapped my pants.... ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Umm...pretty sure he was making a joke.

dont think he can afford to make a joke like that when Orlando is panicking whether or not hes leaving

hes just adding oil to fire because he wont sign that 2 year extension

Why can't he?

Orlando is the camp that can't be joking anymore. Dwight has all the chips. He can do and say whatever he wants, many teams will be going after him.

But I took it as a joke. I doubt he is going to be working with them, as there is no point. If anything, he should have Jameer work with Rondo and Doc, but that isn't happening.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is for sure sarcasm, but it at least shows we're on his mind. That's all we can hope for at this point... Come on up to Titletown D12 - we know how to get championships in Boston.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Not going to put much stock into this quote until it's proven to be from a reliable media source. 

All I saw so far was somebody posted this quote on Hoope Hype but it was in Spanish.

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Joke or not, this reminds me of the last Celtics/Magic game, where on the court after it was over, Doc and Howard were mildly arguing over something that presumably happened during the game. That’s something you never see between opposing coaches and players, even during the game. It suggests a friendship and respectful relationship, and of course Doc’s home is in Orlando.  After the way the Magic took apart the Cavaliers three years ago, I can see Howard clearly preferring Doc to Mike Brown as his next coach, all things being equal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:51:25 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
i wish, i wish, i wish that Dwight comes to play here. It's obviously a joke, but jokes are half-meant right? and Ray Allen at 37 or KG at 35 or whatever would still better than any bench player out there.

Shakespeare is commonly credited with "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
Yup

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
i wish, i wish, i wish that Dwight comes to play here. It's obviously a joke, but jokes are half-meant right? and Ray Allen at 37 or KG at 35 or whatever would still better than any bench player out there.

Shakespeare is commonly credited with "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
In Vino Veritas

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
What I think is the best news coming out of the D12 camp is that he will not sign the extension and test the free agency waters. Just the simple fact that he is considering other places, I believe Danny is an excellent salesman especially when we can afford to put the full court press on him. IF he grants Danny a visit I believe he can convince him that this is the ONLY place he should be. Danny is a salesman
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

In Vino Veritas
Vini Vidi Vici
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Bummer--I not only wanted him kicking around with them this summer, but I wanted Rondo on Doc's plan for the summer as well.

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I hate when athletes do this. Stringing along fans hopes just to crush them later. I would be lying to say the thought didn't cross my mind. But I won't allow myself to be yo-yoed around. If he does join the Celtics great, and if he doesn't nothing changed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:30:01 PM by Change »

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
A little off topic, but if Orlando called right now and offered Miami Howard for Lebron straight up, wouldn't Miami have to at least consider that after what happened in the Finals?  The only team that would definitely be competitive against that over the next. 5 years is OKC.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons