Author Topic: Switch Pierce and Garnetts defensive assignments  (Read 9148 times)

Re: Switch Pierce and Garnetts defensive assignments
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Pierce is the best option for guarding Lebron. If he needs rest, play TA and Daniels on Lebron.

I want KG dominating at the power forward position. KG and Rondo are this team's big advantage over the Cavs. Go Celtics!!

This. 

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't give a quack about LeBron! Just don't let the rest of the Cavaliers beat you!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This could quit possibly be the worst thread I have ever seen on this board. One, Jamison would get the better of Pierce because even though he is only 2 inches taller, he is a low post player who spends a lot of his time on the block. He would easily be able to post up Paul and throw up some of those scoop hooks and things he does in the lane.

KG on Lebron? Really now. LeBron would absolutely demolish KG and would instantly put KG to the bench with foul trouble. KG did a great job on Jamison, and you know what Pierce really didnt do all that bad on Lebron. The only reason the Cavs won this game was because of Mo WIlliams hot streak. LeBron had a BELOW average overall game...How can you say he destroyed Pierce? Let LeBron have that type of game, if you shut everyone else down, we win easily.

Dumb dumb dumb.

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
This could quit possibly be the worst thread I have ever seen on this board. One, Jamison would get the better of Pierce because even though he is only 2 inches taller, he is a low post player who spends a lot of his time on the block. He would easily be able to post up Paul and throw up some of those scoop hooks and things he does in the lane.

KG on Lebron? Really now. LeBron would absolutely demolish KG and would instantly put KG to the bench with foul trouble. KG did a great job on Jamison, and you know what Pierce really didnt do all that bad on Lebron. The only reason the Cavs won this game was because of Mo WIlliams hot streak. LeBron had a BELOW average overall game...How can you say he destroyed Pierce? Let LeBron have that type of game, if you shut everyone else down, we win easily.

Dumb dumb dumb.
We will see if your singing the same tune when the series is over.

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Dumb dumb dumb.

Hey, if they switch KG to cover LeBron and PP to cover Jamison and it works well I'll have no problem admitting you were right and I was wrong.

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I don't see how we're going to see anything. The fact that LeBron may average 35 points for the rest of the series is not a conclusive proof that your suggestion is any good. And I can guarantee you we're not going to see KG on LeBron, because our coaching staff knows their players.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
kg on lebron?!?!?!?!?.......

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i actually think it is a good idea, but on a small scale. a couple possessions here and there, give pierce a break (not that guarding jamison is easy, but it is compared to lebron). PP came out hot and wore down, i think, because of the enormous task of guarding bron all night.

give bron a different look here and there, try kg. quis, ta, and ray are all too small. kg for a few possessions is a good idea in my opinion.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
We just need to collaps on him better when he drives and wall him off from the basket. That worked great in 08 and will still do the trick if we play good d tonight. We need better team defense this game and not worry about the one on one. When our d loosens up, our offense goes south. Better team play is what we need tonight.

Win this and this series is done in 6.

Signed,

Captain Obvious
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

Dumb dumb dumb.

Hey, if they switch KG to cover LeBron and PP to cover Jamison and it works well I'll have no problem admitting you were right and I was wrong.

Well bottom line Doc will never try it. Ive only been advocating trying it in limited minutes and then guage the results. Most responses to this post sound to me like they wouldnt even try it.

We are much too predictable our defense and our offense. A little wrinkle here and there and actually doing something unexpected once in a while might yield more positive results.

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
We are much too predictable our defense and our offense. A little wrinkle here and there and actually doing something unexpected once in a while might yield more positive results.
Why not go for the jugular? Let's have Perk guard Mo Williams. Now that's what I call unpredictable!

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Dumb dumb dumb.

The series would be over much faster if we have KG guarding LeBron I can tell you that much. At least Pierce gives us a chance. I agree he does get tired and that other players need to be throw at him on defense, KG is not one of those players however.

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Dumb dumb dumb.

Well bottom line Doc will never try it. Ive only been advocating trying it in limited minutes and then guage the results. Most responses to this post sound to me like they wouldnt even try it.

Not for nothing, but did you see KG try and guard LeBron yesterday? He doesn't have the quickness to do it.

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

Dumb dumb dumb.

Not for nothing, but did you see KG try and guard LeBron yesterday? He doesn't have the quickness to do it.

Your right. It wasnt just yesterday it also happened a few times in game 3 and 2. Kudos to Doc for putting Ray on him.

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Yeah, Garnett was clapping to himself and everything.  He definitely got down in his, "bring it Lebron" pose on that one play.

Lebron brought it and beat him bad on that play.